Poll

Let more people (especially Jon) edit the source code.

Yes
15 (65.2%)
No
8 (34.8%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Email Mickey  (Read 5467 times)

Offline The Muffin Man

Email Mickey
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2006, 07:29:59 pm »
TBH, it wouldn't be hard to make the game profitable. Get the right hookups, know the right people, talk to the right people.. etc.. any of that can generate a lot of players.

Someone started a rumor that Mick will release the server for anyone to host. Umm.. yeah... don't believe that...

Do you honestly think Mick gives a rats ass towards updating the game, and Grinch.. sure people take breaks.. but wolf, the download for the game on the main site has been down for like over a tigering year. You think someone that can't spend a couple minutes uploading a file will actually do anything to help out the game? I'm sure RPGWO has lost a lot of people due to the broken links.

If Mick wants to get more people in, then why doesn't he write PC Gaming mags? PCGamer, etc... they always have those free online games articles, I'm sure if he wrote in and told them about it they would include it if they liked it..

Basically, add a few more features, get more eye pleasing sprites, write gaming mags, advertise on gaming forums.. hell, you'll get a lot of tigering people.

Offline BoneClinkz

Email Mickey
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2006, 07:58:00 pm »
Quote from: Devil
I had a private server and it lasted as long as my host lasted...I couldnt find a good enough hexxer to go through the files i needed (im not giving out too much info) it was probably a little over a month...but agreeing with grinch and whoever said something about the coding...IT GETS VERY BORING...there really isnt much more u can do with this game...it has everything! we r just seeing new games coming out and how they update all the time and its so great, running a server isnt as easy as it looks, updates r really hard to come up with and sometimes they r not the easiest things to do, appeals is rpgwo last hope, and changing the coding could help us make the game just a little bit more detailed

Are you kidding me, I’ve got tons of ideas, but admins aren’t really up to updated. weather their lazy, or just don’t have time, they don’t want my ideas >_>. I like thinking of improvements for the game, more then I do playing it.

Offline Gizza

Email Mickey
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2006, 11:50:49 pm »
Bone the game just needs new graphics designing no more item Updates

Offline The Muffin Man

Email Mickey
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2006, 12:17:09 am »
Quote from: Gizza
Bone the game

teehee

Offline chronolink

Email Mickey
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2006, 07:07:46 am »
OWNED!

Liberty - lvl 56 Swordsman ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 65 Macer ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 19 Suicide Archer ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 18 Swordsman ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 57 Thrower ~ Retired
Shadow - lvl 12 Thrower ~ Retired
Arcanium - lvl 22 Rifleman ~ Retired
Chown -R us ./Base

http://fuhrorcity.myminicity.com/

Re:Jew Tee ( From: TheUnderTaker )
and your a bigger twat now than before now tiger off and leave me alne you turtle ass tigerer
TheUnderTaker is a member of the Administration group and has 6 posts.
Sent on: Today, 04:11 PM

Offline King Dravien

Email Mickey
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2006, 07:10:28 am »
Rofl, Nice call Muff
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline The Muffin Man

Email Mickey
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2006, 10:02:47 am »
 Anytime

Offline Devil

Email Mickey
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2006, 11:30:41 pm »
lmao newayz, thts fine u got tons of ideas, wonderful!, but ideas arent always possible with the coding rpgwo is using right now

I CAN SEE FOREVER!

Quote from: Rokhan
So get creative and not necrotic

Offline Gizza

Email Mickey
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2006, 02:34:05 am »
Rofl Muff....
Yeah game needs new coding Mickey do it one day

Offline BoneClinkz

Email Mickey
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2006, 06:05:06 am »
Quote from: Devil
lmao newayz, thts fine u got tons of ideas, wonderful!, but ideas arent always possible with the coding rpgwo is using right now

But, you don’t understand. I am aware completely of the constraints I have. My ideas aren’t radical. I don’t want to add something that hasn’t been added before. Creating towns folk, new items, adding dungeons, and making more monsters is nothing difficult, and that’s all I ask for. A redesigned sewer with a more newb friendly approach. More quests. More npc interactivity (“Finding” things for an npc who plays absolutely no other part in the game is rather dull.) More sieges, with multiple difficulty ranges. Bring back the grayvyns as the main antagonist, make a few grayvyn outposts, and possibly a “Gravinia.” These are simple things, nothing too difficult to implement, or too complicated to understand.

Offline chronolink

Email Mickey
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2006, 08:31:34 am »
Look you got "b0n3d" as it were in your case LOL

Liberty - lvl 56 Swordsman ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 65 Macer ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 19 Suicide Archer ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 18 Swordsman ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 57 Thrower ~ Retired
Shadow - lvl 12 Thrower ~ Retired
Arcanium - lvl 22 Rifleman ~ Retired
Chown -R us ./Base

http://fuhrorcity.myminicity.com/

Re:Jew Tee ( From: TheUnderTaker )
and your a bigger twat now than before now tiger off and leave me alne you turtle ass tigerer
TheUnderTaker is a member of the Administration group and has 6 posts.
Sent on: Today, 04:11 PM

Offline The Muffin Man

Email Mickey
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2006, 02:40:44 pm »
teehee

Offline Devil

Email Mickey
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2006, 09:39:11 pm »
Creating towns folk, new items, adding dungeons, and making more monsters is nothing difficult, and that’s all I ask for.

Hehe coding may be easy to udnerstand but its a pain in the ass  

I CAN SEE FOREVER!

Quote from: Rokhan
So get creative and not necrotic

Offline kretchfoop

Email Mickey
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2006, 10:30:35 pm »
plain and simple, the gameplay won't get any better in RPGWO.  i've played for i guess around 2 years, not very long but it was still enough for me to have a solid point

in those 2 years the gameplay has never changed.

Adding new weapons, new images, new monsters will not overcome the stale gamplay.

the things that i think should be changed but won't/can't are what would make the gameplay better.

questing. plain and simple, questing in RPGWO = waste of time.  quests are EZ to run through with a group people.  the outcome isnt' that good neways.  NO xp,  just some wolfty item that gets farmed so the server has enough for 1 for each player

Good items are only good until the server gets to populated with them. then the admins update and add a BETTER item. . wtf is that lol    its bullwolf.   This repetition makes the gap between good players and new/noob players HUGE  

gold = useless    every character i've had has had stockpiles of gold.  i'm never in the case where i need to buy nething, and if i do its a jewl thats like 1k outa my +100k    

character stability.  every character needs a strenght and a weekness.  

prevention,  RPGWO has little or no prevention of things that need to be prevented.  (confusing i know)  haha  
:Dupelicating, Farming quests, PowerLvLing, training.

dupelicating has stopped for the most part, but when new items are added, someone can usually find a glitch with them.

Farming quests, EZ  log out in quest room, Bump in if admins are stupid,  this just populates the server with a supposed to be "rare" item, eventually making it trash

PwrLvLing - sorta stopped .  .  but still its just turtle.

Training - the training system in RPGWO sorta fits well, but your characters lvl of "badassness" is directly proportional to how much time is spent training.
  Not much skill involved. . . just *run into spawn*hit Alt-G
  Obviously this is for a melee char,  missle = EZ mode   *stand  
  there*AltG
  Mage ----- its just standing there repeating hotkeys.

see what i mean no change in gameplay.  its all the same, over and over again.

Most of these things cannot be changed due to coding limitations, others due to laziness.  Either way the GamePlay will not get better therefore the game will not atract/hold new players.  ... so no sense in fighting it. because new images won't hold your attention long enough.

RPGWO is like a vegatable on life support, it won't come back to life no matter how many image/item update you do.

QED

<3 RPGWO
i love the /bitch command.
i love the community and ingame socializing.   with /g, /z, /r, /rt, /post and the few players helps with that, because you recognize the people when you log on.

feel free to disagree.  but i must go pee, because i drank so much tea.  while sitting by the sea, swatting a bumble bee.

the end. lawl. **wonders how many people actually read that whole thing.**

Offline Greed

Email Mickey
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2007, 10:08:39 pm »
Quote from: kretchfoop
**wonders how many people actually read that whole thing.**

me.

Offline 8ball

Email Mickey
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2007, 10:31:08 pm »
I know firsthand, if you email mickey and he doesnt like even the subject of the email, he trashes it without reading it.

Offline Pirate Wings

Email Mickey
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2007, 10:38:02 pm »
he's not the only one who does that
This isn't a signature, you just think it is

Offline Brendan

Email Mickey
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2007, 11:23:44 pm »
whats with the bump??

Offline 8ball

Email Mickey
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2007, 11:33:01 pm »
Mickey just ticked me off a bit considering i spent so much time writing that god damned email. Would've at least appreciated a reply saying no.