Author Topic: Unofficial RPG World Online Wiki  (Read 6939 times)

Offline THEAC

Unofficial RPG World Online Wiki
« on: September 18, 2005, 09:25:59 am »
I created an Unofficial RPG World Online Wiki! Where people can gather and give knowledge about the game. I hope this becomes popular and everyone adds stuff to it.

Everyone can edit what they see wrong and can add their own pages.

http://urpgwowiki.schtuff.com

Yes, I know there are lots of rules. Most of them are required by my terms of conduct. The rest are just stuff I created was just keep myself calm and out of trouble.

I did not create this wiki because I think am I am knowledgably, no I am a novice compared to others, but I thought game with a large player base without a instruction manual is hard imagine, so I created a wiki. Also I know that many people stop playing RPGWO, right after downloading it, because they do not understand how the game works. Hopefully eventually this will be treated as a useful source for players of all skill levels.

Read the rules and disclaimer before doing anything.
Not a Democrat... not a Republican... just one out of those many George W. Bush haters.

Those of you that are Americans, become an independent.

My RPGWO username? That is a secret only noobs know :)

Offline THEAC

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 09:37:12 am »
Please reply some comments about it.

Thanks
      AC
Not a Democrat... not a Republican... just one out of those many George W. Bush haters.

Offline Daegan

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 01:22:39 am »
i am confused as to the purpose of this website.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T CLICK ME
IT is 10% planning and 90% trying to fix everything that didn’t go as planned.

@@@Admin Shan

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 01:39:27 pm »
unfortunatly i am to.....it seems most things like this die out cuz no one really cares

Offline Pirate Wings

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 05:26:35 am »
It sounds interesting in theory and maybe good if done right. The thing is though the games not really big enough to keep this kind of thing going on long term basis and the usage helps newbies out anyways if their unsure of stuff.
This isn't a signature, you just think it is

Offline THEAC

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 05:40:52 pm »
Well, the point is to keep the player base high and to keep players from being frustrated. I introduced at least 27 (I am not joking) people to rpgwo and they all said it sucked because there is no player manuel, honestly I think a wiki is better than a manuel, and a game this complex needs one. I own a campus only private mmorpg with about 560 players and I know that the best way to kill a mmorpg is by losing its players. Newbs are needed for a mmorpg to go on.

I will try to keep this wiki alive as long as I can and plus a few people have already edited a few things.

Offline THEAC

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005, 10:12:22 pm »
Forum won't let me edit the above statement so please don't look at it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, the point is to keep the player base high and to keep players from being frustrated. I introduced at least 27 (I am not joking) people to rpgwo and they all said it sucked because there is no player manuel, honestly I think a wiki is better than a manuel, and a game this complex needs one. I own a campus only private mmorpg with about 560 players and I know that the best way to kill a mmorpg is by losing its players. Newbs are needed for a mmorpg to go on.

Ah,  the usage list, that was the least descriptive list on the planet.

For example: to build a brick wall it says use granite brick with monry

It should say

1. How to get a granite brick, the usage does not say how
2. Then it should say to use the brick on the ground in the place spot where you want the wall to be

I will try to keep this wiki alive as long as I can and plus a few people have already edited a few things.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 10:15:26 pm by THEAC »

Offline Daegan

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2005, 10:48:18 pm »
Forum won't let me edit the above statement so please don't look at it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah,  the usage list, that was the least descriptive list on the planet.

For example: to build a brick wall it says use granite brick with monry

It should say

1. How to get a granite brick, the usage does not say how
2. Then it should say to use the brick on the ground in the place spot where you want the wall to be
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=935\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
if you compiled an accurate history of the game and guilds that changed it then it would be worth reading, an advanced usage seems kinda.. dull.

Offline THEAC

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2005, 04:27:56 pm »
For you a better usage may seem dull, but to those 27 players I introduced the game to, it would be paradise. Plus, this is not supposed to be a entertaining site, if it was then I would put jokes and funny animated clips on it, it is supposed to be informative site.

The history article idea seems quite interesting, maybe I should do that...  

Usage is not the only thing that is going to be on the site.

I have a few people about to type a couple of quest walkthroughs and etcetera.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 04:28:28 pm by THEAC »

Offline Daegan

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2005, 05:20:15 pm »
For you a better usage may seem dull, but to those 27 players I introduced the game to, it would be paradise. Plus, this is not supposed to be a entertaining site, if it was then I would put jokes and funny animated clips on it, it is supposed to be informative site.

The history article idea seems quite interesting, maybe I should do that... 

Usage is not the only thing that is going to be on the site.

I have a few people about to type a couple of quest walkthroughs and etcetera.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=955\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
the 27 people that quit because they didnt know how to mine granite rocks were obvious the 5 minute players and frankly i could care less if they existed or not.

Its common sense.

Granite is a rock, the only place to gain rocks is from the ground, mining lets you go in the ground.

ZOMG IT MUST BE MINING

and there IS a manual for this game, its called the HELP tab. Or maybe those 27 people didnt stay long enough to notice it was there.

Offline THEAC

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2005, 06:17:59 pm »
Daegan calm down...

I don't want to start an argument here.

Just stop bugging me and stop trying to shut down my wiki, I know what I am doing.
I also know that there is a help tab (I have used often!), though tab is not descriptive enough for a lot of newbs.

All of the people I showed the game to played the game for about 4 hours (I know I said right away, but not literally 5 min. players) and all of them knew there was a help tab (I saw many of them reading it after I told there was one).

How do I know this? I showed everyone the game in my school’s (yes fools, if your wondering, my school has a large campus with many building even though it is a high school) computer lab. These weren’t new age Xbox fanatics either, it was the 2D role playing game programming club, the same club I co-programmed my mmorpg with.

I think wrote my opening statement in the wrong way. I am not looking for wolfty unproductive (like how many are giving me) comments, what I am looking for are good suggestions and ideas.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 06:20:12 pm by THEAC »

Offline Jordan

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2005, 08:35:57 pm »
Useless.

Offline THEAC

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2005, 09:12:15 am »
Useless.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=1005\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I guess dumb asses people like jordan don't know what wikis are!!!

In a wiki:

The community has the ability to add "useful" pages to the wiki, they can also edit "useful" information into wikis. It looks useless right now because only a few people have contributed.

Come on guys it only takes 5 mins. to type a simple page, please contribute.

Offline Daegan

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2005, 09:41:58 pm »
I guess dumb asses people like jordan don't know what wikis are!!!

In a wiki:

The community has the ability to add "useful" pages to the wiki, they can also edit "useful" information into wikis. It looks useless right now because only a few people have contributed.

Come on guys it only takes 5 mins. to type a simple page, please contribute.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=1025\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Jordans been playing near/more then i have.

Its amazing that all these people that play enough RPGWO to make it spawn multiple servers have had no problem learning the game.

Its not difficult. you can move and click the "A" button to attack, which is described in the help file.

Whatever though ill watch it burn from the side lines

Offline THEAC

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2005, 12:28:52 pm »
Jordans been playing near/more then i have.

Its amazing that all these people that play enough RPGWO to make it spawn multiple servers have had no problem learning the game.

Its not difficult. you can move and click the "A" button to attack, which is described in the help file.

Whatever though ill watch it burn from the side lines
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=1144\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The amount of time you have played, has nothing to do with if you know what a wiki is...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 12:29:28 pm by THEAC »