Author Topic: Random suggestions  (Read 5009 times)

Offline Mystic

Random suggestions
« on: September 17, 2005, 12:19:18 pm »
]These are just a bunch of suggestions I came up with

Suggestion 1: Caps On Stats/Skills
With all the + jewlery and crap, it's way too easy to kill stuff, I mean hell, level 25s can kill stuff around level 50 after awhile

Suggestion 2: Jewlery Nerf
Jewlery is way too powerful, there either needs to be a cap on the + or how much you can boost a skill with jewlery

Suggestion 3: Magic Recast Time
Magic is way too powerful as it is, since I can keep constantly running and spam level 3 or 4 magic on something without even getting killed

Suggestion 4: Stealth Nerf[/u]
Another problem with this game, why is it that players can continue to be in stealth even after they attack someone? After the 1st action a person is stealth does (Use potion, attack, etc.) It should automaticly wear off.

Suggestion 5: Casting Of Magic On Monsters[/u]
Being able to heal a monster should be impossible, since it makes leveling way to easy and casting heal on Behemoth at seiges really makes it too easy to gain levels

Suggestion 6: Crafting[/u]
Crafting needs a nerf where in order to make the item, you need to be at a cetrain level in craft, although the game says there's a level, I can still be underleveled and just hold down my repeat use key and make it.

Suggestion 7: Weapons Are Too Over Powerd[/u]
Hessy Mace, nuff said

Suggestion 8: Armor/Weapon Level Restrictions[/u]
Why isn't there a min. level to equip armor and weapons? Too many newbs running around with Zicron/Hessy after awhile

Offline StormyNight

Random suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 01:34:28 pm »
These noble truths HAVE been recognized, I can assure you of that.

Offline Mystic

Random suggestions
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 01:01:41 am »
Took long enough

another suggestion

Suggestion 9: Remove Blind[/u]
I say this since it makes leveling too easy also, I mean hell, I can kill a level 100 at 1 if I got someone to blind it.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 01:04:58 am by Mystic »

Offline StormyNight

Random suggestions
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 04:53:07 am »
Hmm.. removing it might be a stretch, what about making it harder to cast?

Offline jetziscool72

Random suggestions
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 04:29:05 pm »
could you once post a suggestion to make it easeier to play

Offline Mystic

Random suggestions
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 06:03:03 pm »
It's easy enough as it is.... TOO easy to tell the truth

Offline Daegan

Random suggestions
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 06:13:47 pm »
yea i like Mystics ideals, id actually like to speak with him over aim or something but no data listed.. stupid hippo >:O

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T CLICK ME
IT is 10% planning and 90% trying to fix everything that didn’t go as planned.

Offline Mystic

Random suggestions
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2005, 06:18:18 pm »
I don't use IMs that much, all I have is MSN, but hotmail is a big target for spam ><

Offline Kyle

Random suggestions
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2006, 10:05:28 pm »
Good Ideas.

Offline Mark

Random suggestions
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2006, 05:48:59 pm »
dec3nt
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Phobos - Legend level 71 Thrower (retried due to wipe)
Shadow - Shadow Tradesmen (Active)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Axeman

Random suggestions
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2006, 09:38:35 pm »
Towards suggestion 8, I agree, but when Rha did it, putting defensive restrictions on it is just horrible.  I had asked her numerous times why she never did level requirements and she never asked me.....Otherwise, I see no problem with them.

Offline Pirate Wings

Random suggestions
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2006, 12:48:12 pm »
how about making blind the equivilant to nova except it needs white instead of red to be cast
This isn't a signature, you just think it is

Offline Pirate Wings

Random suggestions
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2006, 12:55:24 pm »
Won't let me edit >.<

and for armor level requirements 10 for copper, 15 for silver, 20 for steel, 30 for tit, 40 for zirc, 50 for hessite, 55 for damon. Or thereabouts that could be up to disussion

Offline Pirate Wings

Random suggestions
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2006, 01:01:09 pm »
Well heres some of my ideas since it's in the topic of this thread, just copy and pasted bits from here and there on my hd.

New ideas for the game

Farming/plants
All plants should spawn on their own accord. You must ensure plants/trees have a water source or they will not spawn. I originaly was thinking they will die but it will be hard to get water to all plants so you can still do it the old way and they will go through the usual growing phase. I was thinking it is possible to completely farm out a species of plants but in a pre determined area of the world each plant in a different location of course one will always be available to avoid them being extinct. Weeds maybe could sprout up MODIFY: on unclaimed land. and be cut down with a farmers scyth and somehow used as fertaliser to help your plants grow faster. Compost bins may be made with carpentry and 4 bits of board with hammer and nails.

Mining
The rarity of ores should be greatly reduced and you should only be able to mine them once. Once they are gone you have to mine elsewhere to find them. The mining map should be auto reset every week and ore spots randomised so next time the map resets it will show a different ore in the same spot. The elevation of the land above the spot you are mining should be reduced by 1.
MODIFY: Artifacts from old quests may also be found

Guild
Guild leaders have the power to purchase 4 pieces of land as ther guild hq or "base". Each member of a guild can buy 1 piece of guild land at the cost of 10k so one can make guild towns.

Animals
A male and female of the species will be required for an offspring. The animals need a source of food/water and warmth in the winter to reproduce successfuly. Originaly I was thinking that animals can become extinct but if it gets to the stage where there are for example no cows left there will be auto spawn spots of 1 male and 1 female in pre determined spots in farms around the world. Maybe some wild monsters could re populate in this manner but of course re spawning in their corresponding lairs as opposed to farms.
MODIFY: Animals also eat grass to feed
MODIFY: And of course wild monsters may find other things as food like themself or other monsters.

Weather
Flood/droughts will offer a new experience for farming and floods may have the power to change the shape and elevation of the landscape, reducing towns to ruins while drought lands may cause plants to die or not grow at all.  I am thinking that plot land may auto recover after a day or 2 when in ruins or a player may use the /fixwall command to rebuild on plot land. Claimed land will most probly wipe your land perhaps.
MODIFY: The grass may also not grow in a lack of water causing there to be a desert like world in areas with time of drought.

Towns
There should be one centralised town and all other towns be totally player made. An admin may be required to convert it to plot land and add appropriate npc's. I always thought it was nice to let the players decide what kind of world they wanna live in. A general rule to avoid over crowding would be maybe 1 town per sector.
MODIFY: In the centralized towns npc traders never run out of money which makes trade skilling worth while.

Quests
1 quest for every sector

Some more thoughts

Quanth, Quanthsars and Quansith are much rarer but once you use them on the item you may take them out and whatever enhancemnt it provides it will become that kind of gem upon removal. eg: use quanth on hessite plate and it becomes a hessite plate +12 melee def. By using your hand on the plate again the quanth may be removed and become a gem of +12 melee def. The enhancement is still random but the gem may be removed and becomes that kind of gem upon removal.
MODIFY: of course the gems will wear out with use and cannot be recharged and removing them from the item turns the item back to normal

2nd level on house

Monsters spawn under ground and ability to dig under ground. Eg: when a mole chief is almost gonna die it could go back under ground.

Sky level and deeper ground level. Also maybe a sea level and hell level where you'd need special equipment to enter.

Desert area you need water in your inventory and it uses 1 every 5 minutes or something. You can get water out of cactuses and such with the apropriate farming level MODIFY: and cooking knife. Wearing anything with a warmth value will increase how often you need water. MODIFY: while in the desert

Support from ground level by using support beams or walls from the normal ground etc would have to be required for like balcanies and second floors and such for houses since you can't build a wall in mid air.

Mining needs more than just one ground level, the deeper you go the rarer the gems. And a larger array of preciouse and semi preciouse gems eg: onyx, amethyst, opal etc which may be made into variouse other weapons or armor. A black onyx would be perfect to make the blade of an onyx scythe with the black smith skill. MODIFY: or perhaps the jewlery skill.
MODIFY: Artifacts that can be dug up there is a 1 in 10 chance of a bone/undead type monster spawning at the mysteriouise dirt covered hole that you unearth. Some monsters to include as examples for bone would be: Bone drakes, skeletal mage, skeleton, skeleton warior, skeleton miner, reanimated bones, bone golem, bone gorvor etc. Some example for undead would be, zombie, ghost, specture, wraith, corrupt soul, bone soul etc.

Law/government system

Public hangings for criminals when caught. The town guards will attack anyone who is a criminal and when defeted you will either be jailed or hanged depending upon your criminal level.
MODIFY: You will need a friend to bail you out of jail

Killing an npc is equivilant to killing a player consequently adjusting your criminal status acordingly

Have different levels of criminal status depending upon how much you pk. Like white is normal, yellow 1-5, orange 5-10, red 10-15, purple 15-20, black 20+. Different levels effect how much stuff you lose and penalties etc when you die.
MODIFY: There may be a system to decrease your criminal status or it may simply fade over time

Alignment system depending upon who or what you kill. Ranging from fiend, malevolant, unkind, neutral, kind, virtuouse, paragon. Differnt alignment have different advantages/disadvantages and a symble system next to your name may be used to identify your alignment. MODIFY: Note that The Devil and Angelic alignments may only be aquired by performing special tasks for certain npc's and give you full benefits of your alignment.

*The Devil: Devil symbol
Fiend: red skull and crossbone
Malevolant: White skull and cross bone
Unkind: angry face
Neutral: normal face -
Kind: smiley face
Virtuouse: green plus
Paragon: White plus
*Angelic: angelic sumbol

Each time you kill a good, neutral or evil monsters you gain or lose alignment points depending upon the alignment of the monster. Say for example you have 100 alignment points and you start killing good monsters your alignment adjusts acordingly. Monster power may effect amount of alignment you get say for killing a cockroach you get 10 good alignment points where as killing a dog or cat will give you 10 evil alignment points. A scale of -10000 through to 10000 may be used where 0 is neutral.

With this in place it is quite possible to be a paragon player who's a criminal of black status

Town guards attack all criminals

With the alignment system maybe prayors may be the reward subject to discussion

Runecrafting (scratched)

Macro preventative measures
Of course we all know the grayvn clones and bandit ambush. For training something like say a crazy man walks up to you called The Crazy Man and you have to talk to him by clicking on him otherwize he will cause you massive damage. He will be some rediculouse level like say 550. If you talk to him, he gives you a crystal fragment and then leaves. Get say like 12 of these and it makes something like a sith or something. Ignore him for more than 30 seconds and he attacks. This is a very good way to stop macroing and rewards those who do not macro while punishes those who do. To prevent somebody else clicking on him he just simply says I'm not talking to you or something along those lines if you click him and he is not yours.

Animals also feed by eating grass to live

Magic (scratched)
A new system of magic where as opposed to learning the spell a list of the current spells show all greyed out with graphical representation of each spell as opposed to just words. Simply by having required runes in your inventory enables you to cast the spell. A new rune system could maybe be in place. And of course having each rune having a different definition which is already in place. (screw this it's fine as is)

Under ground water

No jewlery making. Jewels reserved for monster drops and quest rewards. The gems you mine may be used for other purposes.

No potion making. Potions reserved for monster drops and quest rewards.

Golems multiply when theres a chance of fragments falling from them much like trolkins.

Lave floors damages player

Water acts like real water eg: you can't dig caves or plow water. And water doesn't have any trees or plants growing on top of it. And it flows down hills etc as opposed to just appearing below a certain elevation point. MODIFY: The trees turn into dead trees and any other plant you plant on water turns to garbage I will try to do something that makes them sink or just maybe unable to plant here water in the way message.

/nowarp option so players cannot warp out of jail or into your house. Admins may set this command in the desired areas and land owners may turn the option on/off on their land plots.

Ability to weild a weapon in the shield spot MODIFY: for dagger and unarmed only since these skill suck

Bard Skill

Expanded musical instruments for use with the bard skill. Lutes, triangles, xylaphones etc could be used in the weapon spot and each one requiring a certain amount of bard skill to use. Perhaps missile/magic type damage will result on the targeted enemy making this a unique type of skill for a fighter to posess.

Offline Dark Elf

Random suggestions
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2006, 04:45:55 am »
Bard Skill

Expanded musical instruments for use with the bard skill. Lutes, triangles, xylaphones etc could be used in the weapon spot and each one requiring a certain amount of bard skill to use. Perhaps missile/magic type damage will result on the targeted enemy making this a unique type of skill for a fighter to posess.

wtf? did this quer just steal ruch's idea off of luny befor it poofed?   now that i read some of what he says.....noone of these ideas are actualy his...2nd story of houses mickey was workin on on world 1. he lazy. he no finish. well im not gonna go on with this list cuz tiger him. he really needs to be shot tho.
And Jaster Reylu, I appreciate your encouragement to get him to "delete" my site. However he barely had any control over it at all. Nice to know where you side, though

Offline Ruchmathar

Random suggestions
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2006, 06:32:50 am »
Pffft.
He didn't even copy my idea properly. That's why i didn't object, even though i was negativly suprised by that.
The bard skill was intended as a magic skill with maybe some special instruments having a missile type attack. That idea is based on the bard and his skills from The Bard's Tale series. Mystic is just too young to know the good old games, heh.
No Mercy for the Cruel

Offline Grinch

Random suggestions
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2006, 04:24:11 pm »
Some of the water stuff.. haha I had a conversation with Jon about that back when I was admin.

I was suggesting a sort of tide system / floods / droughts.

The side would work on all water. Water would go out during low tide, etc, and you could walk where water once was. Of course as the tide comes in you could get stuck in the water. For this system it'd have to be the water moving out a square at a time. Realisticly, for the most part, but not taking forever to get to low tide.

Floods were another idea that I pitched to Jon. It was in conjunction with a weather system. Too much rain = flood = ruined crops = ruined towns and etc. Too little rain = ruined crops. Maybe the ability to make sandbags and dig trenches, to protect your crops from floods, etc. Also if you can dig a trench from an existing stream to your crops they could get water when there is a drought, then not die?

And why not a weather system? A rainy day could make it darker, maybe make currents run faster (see next point), maybe make small streams grow, etc. A foggy day could obscure view as well. A sunny day perfect conditions for seeing, etc. Maybe the monsters could also react depending on the weather? Some monsters tend to hang out in the rain instead of the sun? You could have like.. double or even triple monster sector spawns in one sector. Monsters that prefer to come out in the sun, rain, fog, etc. Maybe windy weather too? Wind gusts can move your character around by a square or two. Good conditions for flying monsters.

For the streams thing you mentioned.. it'd be nice to have a current system. Like there is an upstream and downstream. If you try to cross a stream you could be dragged down a square or two before being able to cross.

In things like rivers, it'd be more like you get on your raft, and as you move into where the current is, you could be drawn along if you just sat there. You'd have to try to fight it. Currents diminish as you get close to shore, though. And at the water's edge there is a little current, very little (to keep people from navigating water by using only where there is no current).

You know.. that would be an interesting server. A server where the world was devided by a "canal" of sorts. Basically a large river spanning from the top of the map to the bottom. Now that'd work perfectly with a current system. Then the players could take the initiative to build a bridge across if they wanted to.. and build like a small town on either side..
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 04:28:26 pm by Grinch »
My Stories
Pencils and Pwncakes (Act 1) (Act 2)

Offline Pokemon Steve

Random suggestions
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2006, 08:25:10 pm »
The side would work on all water. Water would go out during low tide, etc, and you could walk where water once was. Of course as the tide comes in you could get stuck in the water. For this system it'd have to be the water moving out a square at a time. Realisticly, for the most part, but not taking forever to get to low tide.
Another way to lag out the servers, not gonna work out.

Floods were another idea that I pitched to Jon. It was in conjunction with a weather system. Too much rain = flood = ruined crops = ruined towns and etc. Too little rain = ruined crops. Maybe the ability to make sandbags and dig trenches, to protect your crops from floods, etc. Also if you can dig a trench from an existing stream to your crops they could get water when there is a drought, then not die?
I really like this idea but the time it would take to code that, Mickey is too lazy.

And why not a weather system? A rainy day could make it darker, maybe make currents run faster (see next point), maybe make small streams grow, etc. A foggy day could obscure view as well. A sunny day perfect conditions for seeing, etc. Maybe the monsters could also react depending on the weather? Some monsters tend to hang out in the rain instead of the sun? You could have like.. double or even triple monster sector spawns in one sector. Monsters that prefer to come out in the sun, rain, fog, etc. Maybe windy weather too? Wind gusts can move your character around by a square or two. Good conditions for flying monsters.
You know how it gets laggy when theres too many cows moving? Same thing.

For the streams thing you mentioned.. it'd be nice to have a current system. Like there is an upstream and downstream. If you try to cross a stream you could be dragged down a square or two before being able to cross.
Now that would be cool.
I'd ride the streams for the fun of it.

In things like rivers, it'd be more like you get on your raft, and as you move into where the current is, you could be drawn along if you just sat there. You'd have to try to fight it. Currents diminish as you get close to shore, though. And at the water's edge there is a little current, very little (to keep people from navigating water by using only where there is no current).
Again, fun.

You know.. that would be an interesting server. A server where the world was devided by a "canal" of sorts. Basically a large river spanning from the top of the map to the bottom. Now that'd work perfectly with a current system. Then the players could take the initiative to build a bridge across if they wanted to.. and build like a small town on either side..
Or in the river.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 08:26:33 pm by Jordonias »

Offline Pirate Wings

Random suggestions
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2006, 05:41:34 am »
Fine be that way dark choob. If ruch did say something about the bard skill before I never seen it said. And that list is as old as first ST so alot of it was thought up by me. I never said anyone else hasn't thought it up either. About the 4th time dark ch00bs opened his mouth without knowing all the facts and counting.

Offline Twin Dragons

Random suggestions
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2006, 08:53:09 pm »
man y are u guyz at eachothers throats all the time? lol
Realms Of Khaos
A Realm Amidst Khaos

---

Bubbles! Oh come on Sharon! I'm tigering Ozzy Osbourne, I'm the Prince of tigering Darkness. Evil! Evil! What's tigering evil about a wolfload of bubbles!?
- Ozzy Osbourne