Author Topic: ANOTHER Server Idea  (Read 10631 times)

Offline Daegan

ANOTHER Server Idea
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2005, 12:45:58 pm »
On the subject of new ideas for the game might as well make a list of some more.

New ideas for the game

Farming/plants
All plants should spawn on their own accord. You must ensure plants/trees have a water source or they will not spawn. I originaly was thinking they will die but it will be hard to get water to all plants so you can still do it the old way and they will go through the usual growing phase. I was thinking it is possible to completely farm out a species of plants but in a pre determined area of the world each plant in a different location of course one will always be available to avoid them being extinct. Weeds maybe could sprout up and be cut down with a farmers scyth and somehow used as fertaliser to help your plants grow faster. Compost bins may be made with carpentry and 4 bits of board with hammer and nails.

Mining
The rarity of ores should be greatly reduced and you should only be able to mine them once. Once they are gone you have to mine elsewhere to find them. The mining map should be auto reset every week and ore spots randomised so next time the map resets it will show a different ore in the same spot. The elevation of the land above the spot you are mining should be reduced by 1.

Guild
Guild leaders have the power to purchase 4 pieces of land as ther guild hq or "base". Each member of a guild can buy 1 piece of guild land at the cost of 10k so one can make guild towns.

Animals
A male and female of the species will be required for an offspring. The animals need a source of food/water and warmth in the winter to reproduce successfuly. Originaly I was thinking that animals can become extinct but if it gets to the stage where there are for example no cows left there will be auto spawn spots of 1 male and 1 female in pre determined spots in farms around the world. Maybe some wild monsters could re populate in this manner but of course re spawning in their corresponding lairs as opposed to farms.

Weather
Flood/droughts will offer a new experience for farming and floods may have the power to change the shape and elevation of the landscape, reducing towns to ruins while drought lands may cause plants to die or not grow at all. I am thinking that plot land may auto recover after a day or 2 when in ruins or a player may use the /fixwall command to rebuild on plot land. Claimed land will most probly wipe your land perhaps.

Towns
There should be one centralised town and all other towns be totally player made. An admin may be required to convert it to plot land and add appropriate npc's. I always thought it was nice to let the players decide what kind of world they wanna live in. A general rule to avoid over crowding would be maybe 1 town per sector.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=897\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

A few things.

On behalf of the farming things, it would not work with this server plan as per the large scale wars, camping resources would become a problem.

You can no longer smelt gold into coins, and jewelry making is removed, therefore the rarity of ores doesnt really matter much

Guilds (factions) will have SECTORS owned by the King (Guild Master) and in reality due to the steep cost to create your own faction (may have some other restrictions placed on them, land wars anyone?) but owning player guilds wouldnt be much of a reality so this idea is null and void.

As the current way the game handles spawning male/female animals would just be more for eye candy then anything, the game code doesnt support monsters seksing each other as far as I'm aware.

As for weather, due to the way we plan to lay out the world map (provided this idea would be accepted of course) it would do more harm then good, and there would be plenty of PvP events as it is.  The farming thing as stated above would likely fail so this wouldnt help much there.

Bottom Line -
These ideas have no place in an event-PvP Driven server and due to the plans on fixing the economy and over buffed players the ideas expressed wouldnt have much of a point.

edit:
Thanks for the ideas but we've taken measures to prevent some of the problems (over mining for uber profit) but if you have ideas for THIS server suggestion feel free to suggest away, anyone that reads this can suggest for it, as this project is planned on being

PvP-Event Driven Server
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 12:49:00 pm by Daegan »

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T CLICK ME
IT is 10% planning and 90% trying to fix everything that didn’t go as planned.

Offline Rokhan

ANOTHER Server Idea
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2005, 06:54:30 pm »
well daegan, good idea for new server. i'd play it. i have a good idea, make mods like warlords, so there;s as many mods as there are warlord. it's be cool
DarkTemplar, Level 28 Sword -Liberty  
Rokhan, Level 30 Mace - 1st Steeltide  
DemonHunter, Level 32 Mage - 2nd Phobos  
Rokhan II, Level 20 Thrower - 2nd Steeltide  
Furion, Level 30 Mage - Xerxes  
Rokhan, Level 33 Mace - Ataxia  
Marksman Rokhan, Level 35 Xbow - Ataxia  
Script Rokhan, Level 22 Bow - Chaos    
Rokhan, Level 42 Thrower - Kirin    
Rhasta, Level 24 - Horizon

My joker trumps your ace
♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

Offline Daegan

ANOTHER Server Idea
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2005, 09:34:31 pm »
well daegan, good idea for new server. i'd play it. i have a good idea, make mods like warlords, so there;s as many mods as there are warlord. it's be cool
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=966\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
there will be 2-3 warlords.

there wont be mods.

nuff said

Offline StormyNight

ANOTHER Server Idea
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2005, 05:03:55 am »
Mods are teh worst idea EVAR

Offline Daegan

ANOTHER Server Idea
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2005, 03:39:15 pm »
Mods are teh worst idea EVAR
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=981\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
giving people mod makes them actually think the @@@ cares about them. in steeltide most think its 'the first step to getting admin' when its more of a community service

Offline Jordan

ANOTHER Server Idea
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2005, 04:20:25 pm »
Great ideas but impossible with the state that rpgwo is in right now.  Corruption would be insane on that server and we are missing the best admins rpgwo have ever seen (ghost, rha, and ut).  Impossible.

Offline Daegan

ANOTHER Server Idea
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2005, 04:34:19 pm »
Ghost and Rha were pieces of wolf for admins.

and corruption wouldnt be insane because if things got out of hand with the state of the warlords/other factors the @@@ would wtfpwn them.

ONly tested and true people would end up with admin as well.

Offline Jordan

ANOTHER Server Idea
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2005, 04:41:40 pm »
and corruption wouldnt be insane because if things got out of hand with the state of the warlords/other factors the @@@ would wtfpwn them.

I wish that were true about the other servers.... *cough* phobos *cough

Offline chronolink

ANOTHER Server Idea
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2005, 02:19:36 pm »
Ghost and Rha were pieces of wolf for admins.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=999\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Were? You sure they still aren`t? Some Phobos mods are like: OMG OMG MODSHIP LOOK AT ME LETS MUZZLE WHOEVER BACKCHATS ME WHILE I MOUTH OFF.... but the others are cool.

Liberty - lvl 56 Swordsman ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 65 Macer ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 19 Suicide Archer ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 18 Swordsman ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 57 Thrower ~ Retired
Shadow - lvl 12 Thrower ~ Retired
Arcanium - lvl 22 Rifleman ~ Retired
Chown -R us ./Base

http://fuhrorcity.myminicity.com/

Re:Jew Tee ( From: TheUnderTaker )
and your a bigger twat now than before now tiger off and leave me alne you turtle ass tigerer
TheUnderTaker is a member of the Administration group and has 6 posts.
Sent on: Today, 04:11 PM

Offline StormyNight

ANOTHER Server Idea
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2005, 02:59:57 pm »
As I said, mods are the worst idea evar.

The admin team would be selected by maturity, experiance, time they are online, and creativity.

This server is pretty much going to be based on the honor system, and you need good, trustworthy admins.

Offline Pirate Wings

ANOTHER Server Idea
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2005, 05:31:25 pm »
Rha and Ghost were ok when i had no problems with them but the second i did it's a whole different story. Well she said the past can be the past but she doesn't want a future whatever thats meant to mean but i'm respecting that. Oh wait that has nothing to do with this topic oops.
This isn't a signature, you just think it is

Offline chronolink

ANOTHER Server Idea
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2005, 06:04:27 pm »
Rha and Ghost were ok when i had no problems with them but the second i did it's a whole different story. Well she said the past can be the past but she doesn't want a future whatever thats meant to mean but i'm respecting that. Oh wait that has nothing to do with this topic oops.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=1047\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

analyzing those words makes the words a contradiction. It`s a girl thing, I`m sure a lot of people kno this.

Chown -R us ./Base

and your a bigger twat now than before now tiger off and leave me alne you turtle ass tigerer

Offline Rokhan

ANOTHER Server Idea
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2005, 06:28:42 pm »
here's this, rha i hate, ghost is ok, and ut well, he's uniquely tigered. the admins over this new server should be players that arent cpmplete and utter monkeys/ass's/pussies. get some veterans not players who are decent and got lvl 40 with choob defences.
DarkTemplar, Level 28 Sword -Liberty  
Rokhan, Level 30 Mace - 1st Steeltide  
DemonHunter, Level 32 Mage - 2nd Phobos  
Rokhan II, Level 20 Thrower - 2nd Steeltide  
Furion, Level 30 Mage - Xerxes  
Rokhan, Level 33 Mace - Ataxia  
Marksman Rokhan, Level 35 Xbow - Ataxia  
Script Rokhan, Level 22 Bow - Chaos    
Rokhan, Level 42 Thrower - Kirin    
Rhasta, Level 24 - Horizon

My joker trumps your ace
♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

Offline Daegan

ANOTHER Server Idea
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2005, 08:00:00 am »
here's this, rha i hate, ghost is ok, and ut well, he's uniquely tigered. the admins over this new server should be players that arent cpmplete and utter monkeys/ass's/pussies. get some veterans not players who are decent and got lvl 40 with choob defences.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=1057\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Guess me stormy and a few others are out then, eh?

Offline StormyNight

ANOTHER Server Idea
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2005, 08:11:01 am »
Your going off topic. lawlz

Offline King Prince01

ANOTHER Server Idea
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2005, 10:24:10 am »
Seems like a cool idea. Pitch it to Mickey and gage his response. If you do get it I will help you how ever possible. Edward-phobos

Offline Daegan

ANOTHER Server Idea
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2005, 05:42:18 pm »
Seems like a cool idea. Pitch it to Mickey and gage his response. If you do get it I will help you how ever possible. Edward-phobos
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=1103\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
help is not necessary.

@@@Admin Shan

ANOTHER Server Idea
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2005, 07:01:45 am »
*watches the little stick man burn over and over and over again*

Offline Grinch

ANOTHER Server Idea
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2005, 07:32:36 am »
I love the stick man xP
My Stories
Pencils and Pwncakes (Act 1) (Act 2)

Offline chronolink

ANOTHER Server Idea
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2005, 12:33:57 pm »
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=1103\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

WTF? MY NAME is Edward (RL obviously) so...... thou shalt not use thy name in vein kthx

Chown -R us ./Base