Author Topic: Ultima Online player shards.  (Read 4334 times)

Offline The Muffin Man

Ultima Online player shards.
« on: October 18, 2006, 05:51:37 pm »
Well, I'm sure most of you have heard of the game Ultima Online... for those that haven't, it's basically a MMORPG that's 2d and also has a 3d client.

Anyways, here is what I am trying to get to. A RPGWOForums UO server (I will now refer to servers as shards, as that's what they are actually called).

I found a website, http://www.runuo.com , that has a server you can download and use, and also on the forums their is a client, named PlayUO, but that is where the problem comes up. You need the original UO client in order to play the player run shards, but I have NO idea where to get one. As far as I know right now, you have to buy the game from a store or something, but there is also a link to the GOLD edition on the website. Only problem with the link is that it brings you to a page.. with no download..

Anyways, I thought it would be cool to have one, that is if someone could host one, for everyone that has quit RPGWO and/or needs something to do to pass time. But first I need to resolve the how to get the original client thing, so meh. If anyone can search around that is interested, that'd be awesome

Offline Crack Pipe

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 05:55:04 pm »
is it a really good game that doesn't lag like wolf ?

Offline The Muffin Man

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 06:47:52 pm »
Well 100k + people play player run shards.. and that's public ones, not including private.. so apparently it is a good game, and has been running since 1997. About the lag, depends on who is hosting.. we will need someone with high speed internet to host... I can ask Fly if he ever signs on MSN :/ he has gotten lost in EQ2 \

I found the latest client, only problem is, its 760ish megs, so GL with us dial uppers  I'll start dling tonight I guess.. hope it isn't too laggy heh..
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 06:52:24 pm by The Muffin Man »

Offline Gizza

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 12:39:58 am »
No Pics?

Offline Pokemon Steve

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 01:08:41 am »
I have the cd.

Offline King Dravien

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 07:07:04 am »
i can host,
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline The Muffin Man

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 03:59:34 pm »
Quote from: Gizza
No Pics?

images.google.com

Drav, unblock me on msn damnit

I think fly blocked me too o-0 iono why havent talked to him in like 2 months

Quote from: Gizza
No Pics?

images.google.com

Drav, unblock me on msn damnit

I think fly blocked me too o-0 iono why havent talked to him in like 2 months

oops, sorry... lame internet

http://www.download.com/Ultima-Online-Mond...tml?tag=lst-0-1

I believe that is the latest client.. I'll prolly just end up gettin the cd lol.. i hate downloading wolf

Offline The Muffin Man

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 12:37:33 am »
Decided to download it.. should be done downloading around wednesday because i only dl from like 12 am to 7 or so... hopefully we can get this up and running, i already have a few friends from conquer that want to play too...

Offline Pirate Wings

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 02:14:00 am »
i got the cd but i hate it because of skill caps, and don't waste your money on buying it because theres free clients of it out there somewhere you just have to look around
This isn't a signature, you just think it is

Offline The Muffin Man

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 05:51:38 pm »
Was supposed to have this downloaded days ago, but major thunderstorms and flooding in the area has prevented me from dling too much... should be finished by tomorrow, depends on whether or not I decide to dl it for like... another 8 hours...

Offline The Muffin Man

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2006, 11:33:13 pm »
I have it downloaded and everything needed, but now I just need to know if their is someone to be the host.. who actually knows what the hell they are doing.. this games stuff is sorta complicated..

Offline Gizza

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 01:46:29 am »
Coolie Doolies

Offline Crack Pipe

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 08:03:00 am »
where do i download it looks like WoW O_o

Offline The Muffin Man

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2006, 10:42:58 am »
Step 1: Go to download.com

Step 2: Search for Ultima Online client

Step 3: download the one that says Mondains Legacy (or something similar to that.

I'll put a guide up on how to connect later, gotta leave in like 5 minutes so yah

Offline Crack Pipe

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2006, 01:02:53 pm »
how long is dl and what type of computer you need ?

Offline Gizza

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2006, 04:00:05 pm »
take a screenie  

Offline The Muffin Man

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2006, 07:47:58 am »
How bout you lazy tigers look it up. It's not that tigering hard to google it. Basically it's RPGWO mixed with Tibia, and about 1000x better. You get pets, which like completely tigering own everything, and you can ride them. You get houses, player vendors, etc. etc. Like I said, rpgwo, except its beefed up. 760 megs beefed up. So meh. Crack, it doesn't have that great of requirements.. I'm sure you can play it. I'll work on making the server and adding scripts later, I'm getting addicted to one of the public shards heh

Oh yeah, you can AFK macro too if you wish, though some servers don't allow it. Also there are training rooms, similar to conquer, that you can leave your player in. Althought, some servers dont allow afk for that either, but its still cool

Offline THEAC

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2006, 11:36:56 pm »
Quote from: The Muffin Man
How bout you lazy tigers look it up. It's not that tigering hard to google it. Basically it's RPGWO mixed with Tibia, and about 1000x better. You get pets, which like completely tigering own everything, and you can ride them. You get houses, player vendors, etc. etc. Like I said, rpgwo, except its beefed up. 760 megs beefed up. So meh. Crack, it doesn't have that great of requirements.. I'm sure you can play it. I'll work on making the server and adding scripts later, I'm getting addicted to one of the public shards heh

Oh yeah, you can AFK macro too if you wish, though some servers don't allow it. Also there are training rooms, similar to conquer, that you can leave your player in. Althought, some servers dont allow afk for that either, but its still cool

Great Idea Muffin Man, Ultima Online is a great game, even though it is ancient.
Not a Democrat... not a Republican... just one out of those many George W. Bush haters.

Those of you that are Americans, become an independent.

My RPGWO username? That is a secret only noobs know :)

Offline King Dravien

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2006, 04:12:15 am »
Does Ultima from shadow play, Because that would be just ironic!
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline The Muffin Man

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2006, 03:08:14 pm »
He plays Everquest 2, but heh lol

Not too ancient, i think the last expansion released 2005, and the next one is coming up pretty soon.. but yeah I get where you are comin from.. it's been around a while.. but very hard to understand what the tiger to do  uo.stratics.com ftw