Author Topic: Law For Admins  (Read 8244 times)

Offline Zoex

Law For Admins
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2006, 05:50:49 am »
I did not make this topic for people to start fighting, just to throw an idea out there. Yeah it is extreme, but somtimes that is a good thing.

Admin interaction would not be totally cut out, but it would be planned instead of random.

Things like UT being the Gravyn lord and then layin seige to my guildbase with thousands of elves destroying the walls would not be tolerated.

Offline King Dravien

Law For Admins
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2006, 07:20:53 am »
[quote name='Axeman' date='Aug 16 2006, 05:46 AM' post='15262']
Zoex, one word, and that's no.

Nulona has one @@, probably deserving @@@ for the control he already has over the server,

Silk has the commands of a @@@ Mickey coded his @@ with new commands, But he cant view password list, Meteor or player kill, basically he can do EVERYTHING but kill other players, He can grant dietys though, hence why he has around 17

Dravien,
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline Axeman

Law For Admins
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2006, 11:39:02 am »
Quote from: Dark Elf
admins suck.   all of em.  they think they are cool cuz of shiney @'s.   jerks.

Considering you talked about nobody else but admins and saying 'jerks' at the end means you're calling all admins with shiny @'s 'jerks'.

And Drav..OK..I don't play Nul so I didn't know that.

Offline Dark Elf

Law For Admins
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2006, 01:04:54 pm »
i was calling them all jerks... but i never said i was better than the next one.
And Jaster Reylu, I appreciate your encouragement to get him to "delete" my site. However he barely had any control over it at all. Nice to know where you side, though

Offline King Dravien

Law For Admins
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2006, 07:40:58 am »
Np Axey
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus

Offline scidhuv

Law For Admins
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2006, 08:18:23 pm »
let me get this right...

admins should pay for your servers, and then not be allowed to talk to you

LMAO

try admins can do what they want because it isnt a commercial game
Stuff

Offline Zoex

Law For Admins
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2006, 08:36:37 pm »
Who said I would have admins paying for my server?

Your taking it out of context, I would be the only admin paying for it.

I am not like you, and going to take for granted that I could ruin the game for somone.

The only reason it has not got any better is that tigering mentallity, it puts you on the same level as UT.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 08:40:05 pm by Zoex »

Offline StormyNight

Law For Admins
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2006, 02:18:02 pm »
Daegans house == Perfect spot for a phobos staff quest... Always.

"Uhm.. What happened to my house?"

Offline Zoex

Law For Admins
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2006, 06:58:04 am »
At least a few people see what I am getting at here.

Offline scidhuv

Law For Admins
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2006, 04:46:35 pm »
Its the biggest load of wolf I have read in a long time. Admins arnt going to sit churning out images and new items and expect no interaction with the players in return. Its a demanding job as it is

Someone has to pay for the server anyway, and that person should be the one deciding the rules. If they didnt put the cash in (e.g ut) then there wouldnt be a server for you to be playing on
Stuff

Offline Zoex

Law For Admins
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2006, 01:23:09 am »
Money I have, the rules I would make, and the images are made by me but I accept dnated images (lots of people giing me all kinds of stuff).

Demanding if you have no self control, and admin interaction is just cut off in game. An active forum would be the link for chat.

Offline Gizza

Law For Admins
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2006, 03:10:39 am »
Quote from: Zoex
This is based off of my personal observations of the game over these past years, and may seem a bit extreme to some of you.

As I have said before, I come from UT World, basically a breeding ground for admin coruption. Where the players are there for little more than admin abuse.

These are rules that I would enforce on  the few admins I would have, because no one should be above the rules, and that is where I think alot of this stupid wolf stems from. Every admin on any server represents the game as a whole in my eyes.

Keep in mind that I think being an admin is a responsibility, not a promotion.
1. Admins may not have their own players.

This rule gets rid of the petty wolf, like item spawning, player warping and such.
2. Admins use Ghost accounts.

This will keep them hidden from the player base, to aid in the next rules enforcement.
3. Admins do not come into contact with players outside of buisness.

This means no admins sitting around chatting with players over globals or tells. This avoids any stupid fights. And keeps the admins focused on their work. This exludes things like events, perks activations, and such. A player can send mail over the game to ask questions to which the admin may respond in a formal manner.
4. You are here for the players.

An admin must promote the worlds growth. An admin is not some player that has super powers and can talk down to everyone he wants. An admin serves the players and the world, that means no picking and chosing who get their perks activated first or waiting weeks to turn them on. Or ignoring players mail and telling them leave if they do not like how things are.
Yes, there will be those who are never happy with how things are ran, that does not mean you ban them for having a different opinion than yourself. Which leads to my next rule.
5. An admin has no opinon.

None, an admin is not involved in the same affairs as players. They look at everyone the same and should not care either way unless a player is breaking a rule.
These put an admin both above a player in status but below at the same time. They lack the free will of a player but gain much respect among the players for their dedication to providing a fair playing enviroment. Most people would be unwilling to be an admin under these rules. This weeds out the trash among people so only the people that truly want to help the game are left.

Feel free to post reasonable responses.
That is well said

Offline King Dravien

Law For Admins
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2006, 03:19:03 am »
Why are you bringing up old topics Gizza.
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus