Author Topic: New Worlds  (Read 3313 times)

Offline THEAC

New Worlds
« on: August 04, 2006, 08:57:34 am »
Hey everyone I am back from a 1 month break and I'm ready to rant!!!

While looking at posts made in the last month, I have noticed that there have been several recent ideas at making new worlds. This is my opinion on what should be done on all future severs.

Stop making severs that are for specific ideas or crowds or interests. I'm not talking about a newby or vet server but one that can fit older and newer players. I think we all sick of entering worlds other that Nulona (which was way to easy and  is managed horribly, when I played it) and finding only 10 people on them, for example severs that are too hard/easy or only cobat/skill focused.

What RPGWO really needs is a server:

with a good dedicated administration
with lots of new ideas
that is partially full steal and forced pk
with a small area for newbies
which is both skill based and combat based
with original sprites
with a large area for experienced players
with kind helpful admins
with a tutorial
that lists it's updates
with lots of variety
with lots of events, some daily and some only on certain dates
with a calendar that lists events
with less wipes
with a  official website

This is pretty much what everyone wants, it's so simple but no new server has achieved it.
Not a Democrat... not a Republican... just one out of those many George W. Bush haters.

Those of you that are Americans, become an independent.

My RPGWO username? That is a secret only noobs know :)

Offline Lil Snow Bunny

New Worlds
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 09:29:25 am »
I agree.

Offline FlyByNight

New Worlds
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 09:42:24 am »
Quote from: THEAC
Hey everyone I am back from a 1 month break and I'm ready to rant!!!

While looking at posts made in the last month, I have noticed that there have been several recent ideas at making new worlds. This is my opinion on what should be done on all future severs.

Stop making severs that are for specific ideas or crowds or interests. I'm not talking about a newby or vet server but one that can fit older and newer players. I think we all sick of entering worlds other that Nulona (which was way to easy and  is managed horribly, when I played it) and finding only 10 people on them, for example severs that are too hard/easy or only cobat/skill focused.

What RPGWO really needs is a server:

with a good dedicated administration
with lots of new ideas
that is partially full steal and forced pk
with a small area for newbies
which is both skill based and combat based
with original sprites
with a large area for experienced players
with kind helpful admins
with a tutorial
that lists it's updates
with lots of variety
with lots of events, some daily and some only on certain dates
with a calendar that lists events
with less wipes
with a  official website

This is pretty much what everyone wants, it's so simple but no new server has achieved it.
There are a few flaws with that...
if you schedule events especially events such as sieges people will only plan on showing up at those times, happened alot with st and people thought it sucked....

scheduling also implys you will force the non paid "good" admins to be there at a specific time.

Kind helpful admins hate to tell you helpful admins no matter how helpful they are will piss people off because you cant always be "helpful" and the kind portion no matter how nice you are you have to do a job aka enforce chat ban people kill multis etc

as long as admins arnt paid you generally get a specific group mature people that do it for the love of the game which dies very quickly because most the players love to bend rules exploit hack etc, they arnt getting paid period let alone paid to get told off etc. Or the other type of admin is a pure self serving one, such as "my power amuses me" or "im gonna cheat for my friends" there are very few admins ever that fall outside of that range but im sure i will hear people scream about this

not everyone wants forced pk....

many people dont want whipes but at the same time many people DO want whipes if you dont ever whipe a server especially if its pk you get people that are to powerful a level 100 runing up going hmm im gonna own me a level 20 cause it makes me giggle

also after a whipe your player base does increase because everyone wants to become the next best thing on it.

These are my thoughts and why there are issues just thought id share that even your "easy" solutions are not so easy your trying to sound like there should be people quiting thier jobs to update a non pay game scheduling thier life around it.

Offline Pirate Wings

New Worlds
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 09:57:42 am »
If the game had a semi profesional staff with procedures in place other than one rule for this person and another rule for that person it would help to maintain a player base and not drive new players away. I think that we should stay on the official servers since what is happening the player base is thinning out and a certain group of people here while another group of people there and this games already dieing and i'd love to see 100+ people on 1 server as opposed to 20 here, 20 there, 10 here sometimes 40 there while other times only 1 or 2 people. Nulona seems to be fairly well populated for rpg servers but has terrible @@@'s on it and retarted mods like drav. Anyways, all the ideas stated sound pretty good in theory but it's harder to carry some out like friendly admins for example. Their there to add quests and to the map etc and to control chat. So, no matter what somebody is going to disagree with an admin and see them in their own light whether their friendly or not. I like the thought of a tutorial for total newbies and a tutorial leading up to a useage area would be a pretty good idea for the first time player.
This isn't a signature, you just think it is

Offline THEAC

New Worlds
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 10:15:08 am »
FlyByNight Quote:

There are a few flaws with that...
if you schedule events especially events such as sieges people will only plan on showing up at those times, happened alot with st and people thought it sucked....

scheduling also implys you will force the non paid "good" admins to be there at a specific time.

Kind helpful admins hate to tell you helpful admins no matter how helpful they are will piss people off because you cant always be "helpful" and the kind portion no matter how nice you are you have to do a job aka enforce chat ban people kill multis etc

as long as admins arnt paid you generally get a specific group mature people that do it for the love of the game which dies very quickly because most the players love to bend rules exploit hack etc, they arnt getting paid period let alone paid to get told off etc. Or the other type of admin is a pure self serving one, such as "my power amuses me" or "im gonna cheat for my friends" there are very few admins ever that fall outside of that range but im sure i will hear people scream about this

not everyone wants forced pk....

many people dont want whipes but at the same time many people DO want whipes if you dont ever whipe a server especially if its pk you get people that are to powerful a level 100 runing up going hmm im gonna own me a level 20 cause it makes me giggle

also after a whipe your player base does increase because everyone wants to become the next best thing on it.

These are my thoughts and why there are issues just thought id share that even your "easy" solutions are not so easy your trying to sound like there should be people quiting thier jobs to update a non pay game scheduling thier life around it.

I did not say "easy" I said simple. I said partially not completely forced pk, or better yet optional pk.

I know some people want wipes but people who are worried about getting killed can avoid forced pk areas.

Everything that can be found in forced pk areas should also be in non-pk areas.

There is no need to have admins schedule their lives around the game, I have been a admin of  small MMO before and this is how I did it.  Lets say there is an annual festival, so I post that the festival is some time in the month of January. Then when it becomes January I choose a convenient week and I post that. Finally some time during the week when I have time I start the festival, and I post an announcement, for me it worked quite well.

I thought more regular events like sieges are automated?

Your right posting the times of regular events, it's not a good idea.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 10:15:33 am by THEAC »
Not a Democrat... not a Republican... just one out of those many George W. Bush haters.

Those of you that are Americans, become an independent.

My RPGWO username? That is a secret only noobs know :)

Offline Dan

New Worlds
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 10:24:39 am »
Quote from: Lil Snow Bunny
I agree.

I agree with your agreement.

Offline chronolink

New Worlds
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 12:20:00 pm »
Quote from: Dan
I agree with your agreement.

And I agree with you agreeing to that agreement

Liberty - lvl 56 Swordsman ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 65 Macer ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 19 Suicide Archer ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 18 Swordsman ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 57 Thrower ~ Retired
Shadow - lvl 12 Thrower ~ Retired
Arcanium - lvl 22 Rifleman ~ Retired
Chown -R us ./Base

http://fuhrorcity.myminicity.com/

Re:Jew Tee ( From: TheUnderTaker )
and your a bigger twat now than before now tiger off and leave me alne you turtle ass tigerer
TheUnderTaker is a member of the Administration group and has 6 posts.
Sent on: Today, 04:11 PM

Offline P90

New Worlds
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 12:51:11 pm »
Quote from: chronolink
And I agree with you agreeing to that agreement
We are concurred on that issue.

Offline T d eternal

New Worlds
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 01:23:39 pm »
thats exactly nulona - cept the staff blows - and most of the characters there.. since nobody goes pk really - or wouldnt when i played there
lib (don't remember)
Steeltide1 - lvl 45 Thrower (Retired)
Steeltide2 - lvl 74 Mage (Retired)
Steeltide2 - lvl 50 Unarmed Attack (Retired)
Nulona - lvl 76 Mage (Retired)
Nulona - lvl 38 Thrower (Retired)
Nulona - lvl 40 Macer (Retired)
Oceanic - lvl 46 Mage (Retired)
Nexus - lvl 68 Mage (Retired)
Nexus - lvl 65 Dagger (Retired)
Dementia - lvl 54 Mage (Active)

Offline chronolink

New Worlds
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 01:51:46 pm »
Quote from: P90
We are concurred on that issue.

You damn well should be s0n

Liberty - lvl 56 Swordsman ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 65 Macer ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 19 Suicide Archer ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 18 Swordsman ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 57 Thrower ~ Retired
Shadow - lvl 12 Thrower ~ Retired
Arcanium - lvl 22 Rifleman ~ Retired
Chown -R us ./Base

http://fuhrorcity.myminicity.com/

Re:Jew Tee ( From: TheUnderTaker )
and your a bigger twat now than before now tiger off and leave me alne you turtle ass tigerer
TheUnderTaker is a member of the Administration group and has 6 posts.
Sent on: Today, 04:11 PM

Offline Zoex

New Worlds
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 03:43:42 pm »
Thats why I say what we have here is fine, we just need new people to run it.

We all want just about the same thing, but none of us have the power to basically do a clean up of all the trash that runs the game now.

Offline Dark Elf

New Worlds
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006, 05:49:24 pm »
there are 7billion think u can do to make a new server work.

one would only need to find a good staff to help. like td eternal and zodiak on oceanic know nothing and are crap. there used to be a good amount of people that left shadow to play there...then about 3 days after they wre made admins i noticed players coming back to shadow. coincidence?     maybe but i doubt it.

its more than jsut friendly admins. u need ones that are worth a tiger. u need a @@@who is patient enough to teach the lower level admins how to make everyhtig work, like how to properly make a quest and not just randomly put monsters down and call it a monster bash and stick a storm mace in it. ud need admins that can draw and help create new content. not jsut keep doin the same old crap. id like to see a crzy son of a bitch do and animate movement for players and mosnters....but that would be to much work heh.

i think the pk / nonpk thing should be like luny, u start off noon pk so u can get good enough to defend urself, then turn pk. but once ur pk u should STAY pk. so no pussies like dravien who i made go non pk 5 times a  week.

servers dont need ALOT of events. i liked how conquer did thiers, they did 1 event every weekend and a unique event for every holiday of the year heh.

anyway there so a wolf load more that u can do but im not hgonna sit here and see if i can actualy count to 7 billion.
And Jaster Reylu, I appreciate your encouragement to get him to "delete" my site. However he barely had any control over it at all. Nice to know where you side, though

Offline Gizza

New Worlds
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2006, 06:08:34 pm »
I wouldnt mine a Server like that.
But i want Lunatik back it was a hard server (exceptfor 150+ Jewels and the damon dropping too much)

Offline LeonTheEdge

New Worlds
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2006, 10:30:12 pm »
I know this might not be the place to speak of, but from what I've seen in the quests so far, there's no fun in it, it really is a monster bash, someone should make like 3 key symbol items, shove em in a maze, then after you get the keys, bring em to someone to make whole, go back in the dungeon & open the treasure door, & that is a good quest for a game like this in my opinion!

Offline King Dravien

New Worlds
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2006, 06:13:55 am »
Quote from: Dark Elf
there are 7billion think u can do to make a new server work.

one would only need to find a good staff to help. like td eternal and zodiak on oceanic know nothing and are crap. there used to be a good amount of people that left shadow to play there...then about 3 days after they wre made admins i noticed players coming back to shadow. coincidence?     maybe but i doubt it.

its more than jsut friendly admins. u need ones that are worth a tiger. u need a @@@who is patient enough to teach the lower level admins how to make everyhtig work, like how to properly make a quest and not just randomly put monsters down and call it a monster bash and stick a storm mace in it. ud need admins that can draw and help create new content. not jsut keep doin the same old crap. id like to see a crzy son of a bitch do and animate movement for players and mosnters....but that would be to much work heh.

i think the pk / nonpk thing should be like luny, u start off noon pk so u can get good enough to defend urself, then turn pk. but once ur pk u should STAY pk. so no pussies like dravien who i made go non pk 5 times a  week.

servers dont need ALOT of events. i liked how conquer did thiers, they did 1 event every weekend and a unique event for every holiday of the year heh.

anyway there so a wolf load more that u can do but im not hgonna sit here and see if i can actualy count to 7 billion.

I NEVER WENT PK TO BEGIN WITH WTF!
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage