Author Topic: Enceladus!  (Read 2577 times)

Offline Gimpy

Enceladus!
« on: July 10, 2020, 08:16:21 pm »
New server! Rework from Desolation we did a year and some change ago. Lots of new content and fixes. Noob friend with bonus exp for being PK. Potentially balanced economy! Come play!
Like Like x 2 View List

Offline Ghostreaper

Re: Enceladus!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 11:21:29 am »
So,  just wanted to throw  my 2cents in on this server as now its a little over a week old.

This server has ONE admin who logs in everyday for multiple hours a day, and has actively fixed small bugs and issues for the player base. There are no favorites, no special treatments or handouts and most of all, a level of respect for the players who have chosen to come here and play this server.

There was a small group of players who rewrote the entire set of server files by hand, fixing broken items, removing useless stuff and overall reworking the game to be better then its previously rushed servers.

All weapons have been looked at, many things have changed and everything's pretty well balanced so far for everyone.  Not one player seems to have an advantage or life made easy.

Side note on balancing of weapons,    ONE weapon was chosen. As a guide, and ALL other weapons were then scaled from that.   Not just in range, damage, speed, bonuses.   But they put in the time to test out total xp per hour and made sure that no weapon gives an unfair advantage  to getting ahead of the pack.

Skills here are hard to come by and this server isn't for the " I want easy mode" players. Even minor skills cost 5, while major skills like blacksmithing and mining take 15.  This leaves players having to trade with each other and work together to accommodate needs. This server actually HAS an economy.  Gold from mining only gives 15 coin each. And gold drops from monsters have been balances and made more scarce.

Monster drops have also been balanced.   Your not going to find a element to upgrade your weapon, or the zodiac/photos staff in a few kills.   The value of these types of items. And crystals as well is high. Drop rates seemingly are 1 in 500 for more common items. Up to 1 in 1200 for the more rare stuff.    Once again,   this is NOT an easy mode server.

Cooking has been completely revamped and is now a skill that means something.   Foods have more value and have different  effects. This ties back into economy for traders/cooks/farmers.

Magic system was revamped as well to be a smoother transition and better feel for the higher cost of skills.

So far the world seems fairly healthy with 5-10 players on at any given time. And peaks of 15-18 from what iv seen.

Quests are, from what I can tell so far, made well and have purpose and a balanced feel. No rewards seem outrageous or extreme. And the scaling on quests with the level range of the sector  its in seems to be on par.

Wanted to give my thoughts on the server so far and let everyone who's questioning  the server a highlight.

I have yet to come across anything negative minus a small skirmish in global chat between a player or two , but thats rpgwo and generally one of them just shuts up, or leaves for a while and everyone goes back to their day.

Thanks for listening
HUGE shout out to soapy and gimpy for getting this server up and running and another shout out to all else involved in making this server come to life

~Z

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 01:13:25 am »
This server actually HAS an economy.  Gold from mining only gives 15 coin each. And gold drops from monsters have been balances and made more scarce.
15 gold per ore, land costs 10k, means 667 ore to claim land.  no npcs, no resourcer, and lower level monsters not dropping gold* means no cash.  no cash means no economy!  people trade, barter, or just give stuff away...that isn't an economy!

*1 fighter told me she was level 13 before she got her first gold drop.
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 07:48:03 am »
600 Gold ore is about 4-5 hours of mining. Thats nothing for what it grants you. Npc's arent needed, Some of the lower level mobs drop some of the best gold. Naga for instance drop 300-400g an hour. Theres a thriving economy right now. Sorry you logged in and in the first 2 hours of the first week you werent able to make 50k gold and have no meaning for money. People are making 4-6k a day now in the early 30s. People in the 20s are making 1.5-2.5k a day. THATS an economy.

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2020, 11:32:24 pm »
well I was an alchemist(appealed 10 or so bugs about it over the "2 hours" I played).  leveled up and got mining since it was the only way I saw of getting gold...

I was level 18 with 15 gold from that 1 ore I mined in about 3 hours of mining(str/mining pots and red magic), and really needed land to plant.  if you've completely changed things since saturday I'll check it out again...

also about alchemist, you didn't mention how much they're making...
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2020, 10:04:26 am »
25 players on last night. We mined 200+ gold ore an hour. Not sure where you are struggling.

Offline Verc isnt real

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2020, 01:58:31 pm »
Can you link the discord in this thread also?

Offline Jon The Great

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2020, 02:21:08 pm »

Offline Verc isnt real

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2020, 03:27:06 pm »
This discord link did not work for me.

Offline Jon The Great

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2020, 03:32:43 pm »

Offline Verc isnt real

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2020, 03:36:46 pm »
Also no. Both say no access. Needs discord invite :3

Offline Jon The Great

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2020, 03:38:52 pm »

Offline Steven the Strong

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2020, 10:28:39 pm »
Whats up my people.
Liberty -spear/throw + lots of remakes
(Admin Steventhegreat)
Steeltide -Sword/trader + alot of remakes
(Took a RPGWO break)
Nulona- Swordsman 78 2 damon
Shadow 2 - 30 macer
Ataxia - axer 38 1 damon
Xerxes - 71 macer 2 damon
Xerxes - Admin Cantrell
Shadow 3 - 53 axer 1 damon
Asylum - 38 macer
Nexus - 86 bower -2 damon
Horizon - 38 bower- 2 damon

Offline Steven the Strong

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2020, 10:40:16 pm »
having issues installing this on my new pc windows 10 pro 64bit.
v2 server?
Liberty -spear/throw + lots of remakes
(Admin Steventhegreat)
Steeltide -Sword/trader + alot of remakes
(Took a RPGWO break)
Nulona- Swordsman 78 2 damon
Shadow 2 - 30 macer
Ataxia - axer 38 1 damon
Xerxes - 71 macer 2 damon
Xerxes - Admin Cantrell
Shadow 3 - 53 axer 1 damon
Asylum - 38 macer