Author Topic: Grandeur  (Read 228 times)

Offline Zodiak

Grandeur
« on: September 21, 2019, 10:10:49 am »

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I've come around with ideas/work, and it's finally time to give some information on a server that myself and a couple others have been working on for quite a while.

So we're happy to introduce Grandeur,

We’ll be using systems added to V3 as well as numerous ideas to freshen up combat and the progression of the player from start to end. End, you say? Yes, that is exactly what we’re striving for, a system that will include dungeons and gear progression that will feel rewarding and let you team up with your friends (or solo) with defined objectives. While rounding out the end game portion we also have been working on the other portions of the game to give you a better gaming experience as you level. This includes things like quest lines, class fantasy, skills for each class and spec, level progression, story line, and much more. We want that rush you have with so many other games and may have had first playing RPGWO. We have planned every system to be interesting and to serve new and veteran players alike.

Some of the planned features of the servers are..
Arenas (PVP) with timed events
Reputations
Dungeons (Solo / Group)
Class Specific Armor
World Bosses
Removal of AFK Progression
Class Halls
Towns / Cities
Events
and much more..

Below is a teaser to one of the classes specialization choices..

We'd love to hear your thoughts and we'll continue to give out more information as we see fit.
Like Like x 2 View List

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 167
    Defense: 95
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
Re: Grandeur
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 05:05:16 pm »
same crafting systems as before, or is this 1 of those quest worlds where there is no crafting?  from your description it seems like the 2nd...really hoping it isn't.
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Zodiak

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 05:22:06 pm »
same crafting systems as before, or is this 1 of those quest worlds where there is no crafting?  from your description it seems like the 2nd...really hoping it isn't.

Sorry for the confusion on the crafting. We WILL have crafting, I won't say "same as before" purely off the base of how the "norm" is. I'll give some more information on it at a later date, but we do infact have a full crafting system in place.

Offline Zodiak

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 07:47:20 am »
Gathering Update (#1)

Among many changes that are coming with Grandeur we’ve spent time making sure that gathering materials is fun and rewarding. We felt that skills like mining and farming were in a sense necessary, but also not very exciting or engaging so we took some action towards that.

Mining
As you mine you’ll find yourself at times discovering extra hard deposits of rock and ore, these may take a few extra swings to get through, but your hard work will not go unpaid as you’ll see from the bountiful amount of ore and rock you harvest, but that’s not all you may find as you mine. As you delve more into the underworld you may find troves of items, seemingly buried there to be hidden away from adventurers, but who are hiding these troves? Who knows, but you may just so happen to catch one in the act of hiding “their” treasures..

Herbalism
Formally known as ‘farming’, this skill has been reworked not to just be a plant and wait game, but also reward those that like to adventure out and harvest as they are hunting down mobs to kill. Don’t be confused, planting and harvesting are still in place, but word is there is a group that seems to send out their botanists to collect these wild herbs as well, so keep an eye out while harvesting.

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 08:00:53 pm »
what you posted about mining, to me atleast, sounds like "we're going to kill miners with underground spawns".  if that is your plan, why?
Sad Sad x 1 View List

Offline Zodiak

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 09:28:20 am »
what you posted about mining, to me atleast, sounds like "we're going to kill miners with underground spawns".  if that is your plan, why?

Not sure where "we're going to kill miners with underground spawns" was pointed out, but I understand your concern and how much worms and other underground atrocities may have scarred, but I assure you that is not how this will be set up.
Like Like x 1 Useful Useful x 1 View List

Offline mechanical keyboard enthusiast

• Attack: 3904
    Defense: 2954
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2019, 01:22:41 pm »
I am excited to have a non-PVP house decorated in 30 differently coloured walls with dozens of statues in varying ores.

Offline Pepin

• Attack: 12
    Defense: 13
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
    • Email

• Total Badges: 37
    Linux User Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2019, 01:53:10 pm »
Gem studded statues.
#
Creative Creative x 1 View List

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2019, 06:17:11 pm »
Not sure where "we're going to kill miners with underground spawns" was pointed out, but I understand your concern and how much worms and other underground atrocities may have scarred, but I assure you that is not how this will be set up.
it was what I took from "but you may just so happen to catch one in the act of hiding “their” treasures..".  not sure how you'd set something like that up without it involving monsters, but now I'm looking forward to finding out.

Offline Pepin

• Attack: 12
    Defense: 13
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
    • Email

• Total Badges: 37
    Linux User Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2019, 04:59:41 pm »
What if they were docile and didn't kill miners?
#

Offline Jerz92

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2019, 12:41:50 pm »
Cool, i'd play.  Any ideas how you're gonna get a playerbase?  As that is, more than anything, what is killing off each server as it comes up
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List