Author Topic: New pvp server - Desolation  (Read 5762 times)

Offline Roarion

Re: New pvp server - Desolation
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2019, 08:32:40 am »
Why is everyone so over critical of the only team of people actually making a server. Its not like Mickey is doing anything to keep the game alive. Some bumps in the road, what server hasn't had those?

Sorry but that's just how being an admin works. Everyone complains and then you go and fix what they complain about. You don't cry and say, "All this is made up" you take the feedback and say, "OK i'll fix it". Criticizing Mickey at this point is a meme, if you want to hate find some other game to build a server on.
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Nexus V2 - lvl 61 Stealth
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin
Retired - Unless V6 pulls a miracle
Agree Agree x 2 Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline Zodiak

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2019, 11:43:59 am »
Why is everyone so over critical of the only team of people actually making a server. Its not like Mickey is doing anything to keep the game alive. Some bumps in the road, what server hasn't had those?

Sorry but that's just how being an admin works. Everyone complains and then you go and fix what they complain about. You don't cry and say, "All this is made up" you take the feedback and say, "OK i'll fix it". Criticizing Mickey at this point is a meme, if you want to hate find some other game to build a server on.

As a general statement, this is just.. wrong. I will though in all fairness give you the points for the meme statement.

But if we're talking about complaints (probably should coin this as "Feedback") in the sense of something not working in the intended way because testing was not done then you would be correct and they should respond in a way to let their community know that those issues have been or is being resolved. Unfortunately what your seeing is what happens when you deal with the inexperienced. Though I don't necessarily blame him for being defensive and playing damage control. I will offer the term constructive criticism, you do whatever you want with that, just wanted to put that out there.

Let's be honest though..
Ignorance of the community led everyone to believe that a server could be ran without an admin presence in some form.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 11:47:46 am by Zodiak »
I'm just here watching..

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2019, 01:33:50 pm »
All of this is silly. Ignorance IN the community is what led to there needing admins. The gold thing was never tested? So no one was aware. It was found out two weeks in when people attempted to make guilds. then was fixed. As for this lvl 100 tame.. WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?? Idk what your on about. As for inexperience you are 100% correct. Alot of what we did was by hand so it didnt get a long or great test. I myself am very new to the hole thing. But soapy personally fixed all bugs that were addressed daily for the first few weeks, he didnt even make a player character untill recently. You guys are toxic.

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2019, 03:59:27 pm »
Well today i found out that people tamed a titan who was ment to be lvl 100 but was 40ish instead with high stats. No one reported that it was a mistake. Instead they tamed it. lvled it and used it to farm items. So i guess i cant help dishonest players. Our mistake.
Optimistic Optimistic x 1 View List

Offline Gahok

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2019, 12:53:44 pm »
The gold thing was never tested? So no one was aware. It was found out two weeks in when people attempted to make guilds. then was fixed.
Everyone knew about that 3 days into the server being live. So you want everyone to believe that you and soapy didnt know?

Offline Zodiak

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2019, 01:12:15 pm »
The gold thing was never tested? So no one was aware. It was found out two weeks in when people attempted to make guilds. then was fixed.
Everyone knew about that 3 days into the server being live. So you want everyone to believe that you and soapy didnt know?

Mistakes were made. They fessed up to them. So are you just  on that for arguing sake? I'm not entirely sure your angle at this point outside of just wanting them to hand gold to you. Which obviously isn't going to happen..

Based on Gimpy's last posts (minus the toxic part) he's answered now to the main complaints/issues and given some background.
I'm just here watching..
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline King Dravien

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2019, 01:23:35 pm »
Struggle to have much faith in this since people can’t even make a perm discord invite. Is this server dead yet or has Gimpy given everybody Damon ?
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2019, 04:47:43 pm »