Author Topic: Can u make a Proper Client!!  (Read 4997 times)

Offline JSleezY

Can u make a Proper Client!!
« on: January 24, 2016, 09:36:07 am »
 this v 6 is a joke the client resembels the First client you ever made.. how about a caractor selection menu.. or even a remake button or some kind of help. all i hear is i want money i want something for my time... well make something that suggests you actually spent time on something.. this v6 is worse then v1 mickey your not crative... you are just recycling old ideas and trying to make them seem new, mickey you should just go back to working at mc Donalds you Tool.

Offline Sacrifice

Re: Can u make a Proper Client!!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 08:08:21 am »
Someones jimmies are ruffled.

Offline JSleezY

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 08:57:46 am »
Wow v6 is total trash.. is this is gonna be your Meal ticket mickey.. you should just Quit man. the work you have done on this v 6 Server.. is worse then anything you ever did for v 1 and 2.. you Should have just Completley ReDid your v2 client and worked the autopatch Bugs.. but instead your Wasting your own time on this destined to fail Project.. rule 1 to making Succesfull Games... you do what ever your Player Base Wants. its really Clear that your not gonna Start Making a New Game From Scratch.. and everyone whos played v 1 and 2 can tell you Most likely Didint Put any Effort into v6 as well..

You want Money for your Games.. Stop Thinking you know what peole want.. Give them What they Do want.. Which is V1 and V2 Remastered..
you really think any one person here who says they actually give a wolf about what you want or need.. maybe a little But that quickly Comes to an End when your not producing the Goods.. v6 isn't a big enough Change for you To Justify  the Fact that youve been m.i.a For most of your Games Wonder Years.. the only Thing that was ever Wrong with the Original Rpgwo Was you apparently Hard Coded too much Things to Be able to Make Changes.. or so i have read.. So remake your Results.. But dont hard Code everything.. i mean isnt that essentially what you were trying to do with the other versions of this game.. i dont want to play your new game i want you to Fix the old one.. you do that and its just a matter of Advertising..

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 07:16:23 pm »
do you have pms or something?
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline mechanical keyboard enthusiast

• Attack: 3682
    Defense: 2735
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 11:21:20 pm »
i would pay money to see jsleezy try writing c hashtag if it came with popcorn

Offline JSleezY

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 01:40:02 pm »
lol im sorry for the Slander.. this is just like my fav game ever...

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 02:33:15 pm »
do you have some sort of multiple personality disorder?
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 08:19:36 pm »
Nah pretty sure its a girl on her cycle.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 12:03:47 pm »
What has me confused is...

Someones jimmies are ruffled.

Um... what are "jimmies" ???
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline King Dravien

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 09:50:02 am »
He/she has a valid point. we all loved V1/V2 so Mickey redesigned it completely all the way up to V6 where it now sucks.
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline Jon The Great

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 10:11:53 am »
I loved v1/v2 myself a lot but v6 is needed just to keep up with the technology eventually v1/v2 may no longer work on newer computers.

Offline JSleezY

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 02:12:01 pm »
i am a guy. and i dont know what jimmies are except condoms.. lol and i dont have any disorders that i am aware of.. i just get frustrated with  things i really like not working or being what i know their potential can be, i just never really considered that v6 was still in very early stages.. i assume the client and just about everything is the scratching of the surface with v6. and i have played a bit more v 6 and i see that it does have potential as well.. still need a way to remake tho because there are about 10 -15 skeletons at the spawn that raped me to -5 morale and all my stuffs gone and what not lol..

i'll try to think of ideas to make the game better but i think its safe to say you should make v6 progressive.. and of course who wouldnt love if some of the ideas from v1 and 2 made appearances in v6..

can u delete my charactor PLEAse lol  so i can remake

p.s i Also noticed that you can special all skills by investing skill points.. which i thought was pretty wicked mickey..

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2016, 05:03:27 pm »
we all loved V1/V2 so Mickey redesigned it completely all the way up to V6 where it now sucks.
I don't like agreeing with Drav, but for once he is right...V1 was a great game, V2 had new stuff improving on V1.  V6 just seems like a whole new game, not the rpgwo we all played and loved.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2016, 01:46:22 pm »
we all loved V1/V2 so Mickey redesigned it completely all the way up to V6 where it now sucks.
I don't like agreeing with Drav, but for once he is right...V1 was a great game, V2 had new stuff improving on V1.  V6 just seems like a whole new game, not the rpgwo we all played and loved.

Right, V6 does have some fundamental differences from V1/V2. Mainly the skill/XP/level system is different but similar. XP gain is way less thus a 1000 skill in V1/V2 is more like a 100 skill in V6. Skill rolls in combat is different and wide ranging.  Being able to use ALL skills even if they are un-trained in V6 is different. You can spend XP on attributes and skills in V6. V1/V2 only allowed attributes. And so on...

The world design is different as well. For those of you who want/like pre-built towns/quests/NPCs that "spoon feed baby food to you" then the world, at first, will be weird and empty until players/NPC come and build the towns. Not sure if I ever explained my ultimate world design goal that I want to achieve? Taking a month off was good since now I see issues that I was blind to before, like the skeleton idea isn't quite right and I need to revise it.

V2 was a clone of V1 with parts improved, like multi-maps and multiple items at a spot. V6 is more like a child of V1/V2. Similar but different, updated, modern, sassy. WTF does "modern" mean anyways?

It been 16 years since I started RPGWO and so my RPG ideas have "evolved" for better or worse. I don't expect everyone to like/love V6, at least not yet in the early alpha stage. But this is the time, early in development, to influence me and be part of the process. Very few have spent a significant amount of time on it to really say anything about it really.

OK, I am lost in thought now and gonna post this, heh.

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2016, 06:45:06 pm »
WTF does "modern" mean anyways?
you brought this on yourself so I'm not apologizing: modern means unlike you, something isn't old!

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2016, 11:00:44 am »
43 is middle aged!!!

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2016, 03:14:41 pm »
I am trying my best Q_Q

Offline Flambelk

• Attack: 95
    Defense: 92
    Attack Member
  • Plundering the Internet since 1996.
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 29
    Invisible Tenth year Anniversary Karma Good
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2019, 03:43:34 pm »
I agree (I have to point that the person who made the original post in question was very rude). 

To this day, I still prefer V1.
V2 did bring some improvement (multiple mining levels never quite convinced me much, however the possibility of making dungeons with multiple levels is clearly good).

Of course you can improve the inner workings of the client.

I always thought improving the ways in which item, usage and spells data is created, modified, stored, would have helped RPGWO a great deal. Making more user-friendly would have been great.

RPGWO is a sandbox game, of course the game was created by Mickey, but also RPGWO fed from the creative minds and ideas of people who throughout the time, created their own servers and content, sharing that dream of seeing people having fun in a cool sandbox RPG Word Online. Making some sort of interface to facilitate that creation of content would have been great.

IMO that is all that RPGWO needed. And adding some sort of features that encourages further social interaction within the game too, like hunting in party, sharing exp, etc. Community is the core.

I don't want to sound mean, many years(10?) have passed since even V2 came out, and I don't really think RPGWO has gone anywhere during this time (also, the graphics of the newer versions, I find them unappealing).
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 03:46:45 pm by Flambelk »
The signature you entered contains possibly offensive language. Please change it.

Offline King Dravien

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2019, 03:37:35 pm »
I agree (I have to point that the person who made the original post in question was very rude). 

To this day, I still prefer V1.
V2 did bring some improvement (multiple mining levels never quite convinced me much, however the possibility of making dungeons with multiple levels is clearly good).

Of course you can improve the inner workings of the client.

I always thought improving the ways in which item, usage and spells data is created, modified, stored, would have helped RPGWO a great deal. Making more user-friendly would have been great.

RPGWO is a sandbox game, of course the game was created by Mickey, but also RPGWO fed from the creative minds and ideas of people who throughout the time, created their own servers and content, sharing that dream of seeing people having fun in a cool sandbox RPG Word Online. Making some sort of interface to facilitate that creation of content would have been great.

IMO that is all that RPGWO needed. And adding some sort of features that encourages further social interaction within the game too, like hunting in party, sharing exp, etc. Community is the core.

I don't want to sound mean, many years(10?) have passed since even V2 came out, and I don't really think RPGWO has gone anywhere during this time (also, the graphics of the newer versions, I find them unappealing).

Why cant you zebras just let this game stay dead. It died when Roarion stopped working on it.
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2019, 07:34:59 am »
Why cant you zebras just let this game stay dead. It died when Roarion stopped working on it.
isn't it obvious?  what is dead may never die!
Like Like x 1 View List