Author Topic: V7 Good, Bad and Ugly  (Read 1739 times)

Offline Mickey Kudlo

V7 Good, Bad and Ugly
« on: June 20, 2018, 03:36:03 pm »
Time to let me know NOW, early in development and planning, what in V6 that was bad and needs to be addressed.
And what is in classic versions that needs to be added too. I looked at the forums a bit but it a lot to go over, so I am hoping players can help me out there :)

Some things on my list:
- cleaner tactical maps
- smoother movement
- pre-built worlds with towns, roads, quests
- armor, damage types, magic, guilds, guild towns
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
Re: V7 Good, Bad and Ugly
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 03:58:56 pm »
honestly the thing I think I liked least about V6 was the graphics.  I know RPGWO has never been big on graphics, but the new style you went in, I thought it was just weird...

also MAGIC!  this is something you never added in V6(as far as I can remember), and left a lot of stuff impossible in classic versions(since you asked).

besides that all I can really complain about are usages...but you've never listened to me about those :'(

edit: also the auto tool thing was weird.  ie: walking into a spot auto-mines, but you have to click the other side of some items to auto-use on them.  also this got annoying when mining and walking over a stone broke it, though thinking back you may have fixed that bit. ???
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 04:04:18 pm by Greatest »
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline yeahs

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 08:28:27 am »
optimization is key. keep the run system the same as classic with tiles. when you get over 200 it feels awesome, better than the walk/run system that takes stamina.

steeltide was a good server for larger playerbase, big main city that was the hub for trading, respawning after sieges, warpstones, condos, safe zone. the sector around 3,3 in steeltide was filled with player owned plots which made it look like a suburb and lively game.

add in the guild system for sure.

pretty much keep alot of the features from v1-v3, the complexity and sandboxiness is this games niche.

eventually add in more endgame content instead of endless leveling. I know in some MUD(text based rpgs) like Aarwold they have a reborn system where you restart from 0 but with an added bonus.

add more crafting features, like gems or enchanting to upgrade items. +hp, +damage, +armor.

more complicated suggestion: add more abilities to combat. status effects etc.. make it so damage isnt the only thing you use to kill someone. target legs can break the leg, they have to use first aid or something to heal their leg. achaea has a good pvp system that follows this. as a runewarden, you can insta kill someone if you break 4 of their limbs.

this game should take alot from text based rpgs because its pretty similar, all commands are instant(no casting bar), just with cooldown timers.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 08:31:22 am by yeahs »

Offline Saint

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 08:53:50 am »
Have to agree with Greatest, the v6 graphics just didn't get it done. I'd prefer to see a more V2 graphics approach and UI combined with a big upgrade under the hood. V2 had that rpgwo charm that the new versions didn't. So in my opinion, start with V2 as a base (recoded if needed) and give it a massive upgrade under the hood and work out new features from there.

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 01:03:37 pm »
add more crafting features, like gems or enchanting to upgrade items. +hp, +damage, +armor.

more complicated suggestion: add more abilities to combat. status effects etc.. make it so damage isnt the only thing you use to kill someone. target legs can break the leg, they have to use first aid or something to heal their leg. achaea has a good pvp system that follows this. as a runewarden, you can insta kill someone if you break 4 of their limbs.

this game should take alot from text based rpgs because its pretty similar, all commands are instant(no casting bar), just with cooldown timers.
lol I feel like I've suggested all of that before
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?