Author Topic: Upcoming V3 Server - Eden  (Read 7606 times)

Offline mechanical keyboard enthusiast

• Attack: 3682
    Defense: 2735
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
    Badges: (View All)
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
Re: Upcoming V3 Server - Eden
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2018, 12:43:32 pm »
The various tame commands control mules, traders, garbage like that. I'd probably be ok with just leaving it at untrainable, so you can still tame chickens, since there's a hotfix for that in V3

Offline Dredi

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2018, 03:09:12 pm »
The various tame commands control mules, traders, garbage like that. I'd probably be ok with just leaving it at untrainable, so you can still tame chickens, since there's a hotfix for that in V3

I wouldn't do anything that affects mules, traders or anything else. I'd just make all monsters untameable by default. Either way I think we'll release it untouched, and if it starts causing problems, then look into disabling it.

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2018, 03:12:24 pm »
farm animals(the problem causing the lag) don't need the skill to be tamed.  they keep reproducing even if they aren't tamed as long as there are some of them tamed and they don't despawn.

also even if you don't have the skill and there is a monster your level or lower, you can still try to tame it(and often succeed) the tame skill itself only improves your chances of taming and increases the level above yours you can tame...and since you can only have a limited number of tames this way the tame skill isn't an issue.

with golems from blue magic I never really saw a point in the tame skill though since the higher level golems were much stronger than anything you can tame as a low-mid level player.  also since you can only have a limited number of tames this also isn't an issue.
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2018, 04:04:51 pm »
need to remove/nerf golems too

Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Eat Me

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2018, 12:02:03 am »
farm animals(the problem causing the lag) don't need the skill to be tamed.  they keep reproducing even if they aren't tamed as long as there are some of them tamed and they don't despawn.

also even if you don't have the skill and there is a monster your level or lower, you can still try to tame it(and often succeed) the tame skill itself only improves your chances of taming and increases the level above yours you can tame...and since you can only have a limited number of tames this way the tame skill isn't an issue.

with golems from blue magic I never really saw a point in the tame skill though since the higher level golems were much stronger than anything you can tame as a low-mid level player.  also since you can only have a limited number of tames this also isn't an issue.

Taming/blue magic golems can both be exploited for "training rooms."  Tame limit doesn't stop someone from just un-taming once things are behind a fence.  Removing both of them wouldn't be a bad change, as you would just be removing the temptation for players to be dirtbags.  The solution for the farm animals (needing to feed them to make them propogate) works pretty well as long as there's a spawn that can be used to obtain the animals in the first place. 

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2018, 05:15:02 am »
seems you forgot untamed monsters on player's land get wiped every day at server restart...I'm not sure how many people would go through daily creating enough golems for a tame room just to have to do it again the next day.

nerfing golems I'd get, removing them is bad since some people(crafters like me) use them to keep safe from things like clones/worms.  if however there aren't going to be any weird spawny things, then removing should be fine...

Offline Saint

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2018, 12:02:01 pm »
Isn't there a way to restricted how many tames a person can have? maybe instead of throwing out taming all together just set a really low cap?

Offline Dredi

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2018, 12:03:15 pm »
Isn't there a way to restricted how many tames a person can have? maybe instead of throwing out taming all together just set a really low cap?

There is. We were just discussing it on Discord moments ago. The problem becomes that traders and mules also count towards this limit, so we can't set it too low.

Either way, we're considering options right now. I've found quite a few things we can use already.

Offline Saint

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2018, 12:06:57 pm »
the link for the discord in the original post is dead, any way we can get a fresh link?

Offline Dredi

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2018, 12:13:36 pm »
I posted a new one a few posts ago

Offline Zer0smage

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2018, 07:25:50 am »
Yeah I agree with Greatest. When I've played traders in the passed or a mage I'd summon golems to protect myself or my trader friends. I think leaving taming alone would probably be the best idea.

Offline Dredi

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2018, 11:17:20 am »
The current plan is to keep golems in, but lower their stats to somewhere near the blue magic level required to summon them (maybe 1.25x the blue magic level?) and make them not give out any XP when killed.

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2018, 02:00:24 pm »
I'm excited for the first balanced server.

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2018, 04:45:43 pm »
I figured out what happened to my char earlier:

when creating an account you have a large number of points for use so I grabbed a crap load of skills(only specced a few), and I got an error.  error didn't stop anything so I played...

just tested again and got the same error: pktCreate:  Error, skillcount exceeded

clicking ok creates the char and lets you play, but then won't let you log in again after logging out!

Offline Dredi

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2018, 08:42:54 am »
I figured out what happened to my char earlier:

when creating an account you have a large number of points for use so I grabbed a crap load of skills(only specced a few), and I got an error.  error didn't stop anything so I played...

just tested again and got the same error: pktCreate:  Error, skillcount exceeded

clicking ok creates the char and lets you play, but then won't let you log in again after logging out!

This seems to happen whenever selecting 13 or more skills on the initial character selection. Won't be a problem for the most part, but might surface itself if someone picks out all the low skillpoint requirements. Probably won't be able to fix this myself as I suspect it'll be part of the core game, but I'll see what I can do.

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2018, 07:16:40 pm »
Probably won't be able to fix this myself as I suspect it'll be part of the core game, but I'll see what I can do.
fewer skill points?  your starting number is really too high.  I got every skill I wanted in the game by level 5 and had a few specialized.

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2018, 10:39:54 pm »
There is alot wrong with this server, and few seem to understand that and or listen. Best of luck!

Offline Dredi

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2018, 06:20:09 am »
Probably won't be able to fix this myself as I suspect it'll be part of the core game, but I'll see what I can do.
fewer skill points?  your starting number is really too high.  I got every skill I wanted in the game by level 5 and had a few specialized.

Will be lowered on the live server, it's just a bit high to make testing on a single character a bit more feasible.

Offline Dredi

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2018, 06:24:14 am »
Little update here:

Testing has been completed, the test server is now down and I'm currently building the live server. I'm giving the server a tentative release date of 22nd of June, but I don't want to promise this 100%. If I end up having to do overtime at work I might not have time to finish work on the server. I'll confirm the release date next weekend.

If you have any questions, feel free to hop on discord and poke me with @Dredi

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2018, 11:17:52 pm »
did you actually make changes?  I ask this because when I tested the server(before that bug) all the crafting usages were the exact same as the ones Mickey wrote, and you mentioned lots of things you wanted to do in the original post.