Author Topic: Macro - bot abuse.  (Read 1787 times)

Offline Kalose

Macro - bot abuse.
« on: December 14, 2017, 04:47:16 am »
I understand plenty of people find this an ok way to play the game but... In my own personal opinion it breaks the economy and play of the server. Players using a macro or bot to endlessly grind levels whilst asleep/at work or generally afk. Means that those skills are now illegitimately gained. Either macro's should be built into the game engine itself or a bannable offence. The whole point of playing a game is to Play the game. Yes the grinding is long and sometimes boring but, if you are not playing rpgwo for the grind..why on earth are you here. It doesn't just effect the leveling aspect either. It also effects the social aspects that some players claim to love, being online with 8 players..and only 3 of those players talking socially whilst others macro or bot. Its just not good, and if rpgwo plans or is trying to regain a larger community. Well allowing cheaters in a community really doesn't help it. Why would new players stick around when they have no chance of competing against a machine running another users account for them. Little rant over.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Soapy

• Global Moderator
  • Attack: 50
    Defense: 61
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 29
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Posts Karma Good Search
Re: Macro - bot abuse.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 04:59:54 pm »
I understand your frustration. Here's my thoughts.

Macro's = ok

Bots = not ok

Simple macro's like a mouse button to simulate holding down F12 or to have a spell on your mouse is simply no problem. However, i don't think doing this endlessly AFK is ok. But if i wanna go make a sammich while my guy grinds up 4000 cut petals, I shouldn't be penalized for managing my time efficiently.

Now if your botting or doing long term AFK macro's that's where I agree it shouldn't be aloud.

Either way, not like many people are playing the current V3 server Dredge unfortunately. Was about 10-15 active but it seems the botter ran people away and we have about 5-7 active =/ So whats the diff if anyone bots or afk's?

It's always been difficult and a touchy subject in RPGWO and I think it will continue to be.
Yee...
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Jon The Great

Re: Macro - bot abuse.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 05:25:56 pm »
You can also hire someone to play for you. Some countries you get people to work for $2 to $3 an hour you could have someone playing all day for you!
Creative Creative x 1 View List