Author Topic: The Great Thief?  (Read 1302 times)

Offline Zerlot

The Great Thief?
« on: December 05, 2017, 05:35:05 pm »
Hi all, I created a character and I'm level 5 now... the thing is, I'm trying to create a thief character. I'm beginning to feel like it's a mistake though, since I see all this good loot in people's houses, yet I can't pick it up because the game says it doesn't belong to me.

Well now, I wouldn't be a thief if I didn't pick up things that didn't belong to me, would I?

Offline Jon The Great

Re: The Great Thief?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 07:52:36 pm »
I agree stealing needs to enabled in order for that template to make sense otherwise is wasted.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 12:12:04 pm »
Your talking about Outlaw coding then. If you steal from players or NPC then you go into negative Prestige.

What we have now for thief:
- stealth - allows "backstab", gives bonus to skill roll and thus better critical chance
- lockpick - allows access to extra loot
- trap
- scan

Stealing from players land is more of a bandit/brigand thing unless you lockpick your way in.

So, you want to be able to steal from players and NPC? There needs to be some consequence tho.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Zerlot

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 09:59:35 am »
Your talking about Outlaw coding then. If you steal from players or NPC then you go into negative Prestige.

What we have now for thief:
- stealth - allows "backstab", gives bonus to skill roll and thus better critical chance
- lockpick - allows access to extra loot
- trap
- scan

Stealing from players land is more of a bandit/brigand thing unless you lockpick your way in.

So, you want to be able to steal from players and NPC? There needs to be some consequence tho.

What about like an outlaw status? Depending on the value of an item, my timer is set higher in which guards will attack me?