Author Topic: V3 server files incomplete?  (Read 2457 times)

Offline Duregar

V3 server files incomplete?
« on: November 22, 2017, 10:49:37 am »
Hey All,

Been away for a while, and I have noticed the public servers are all offline so I was going to set up a v3 server on my comp to play as a single player. I have noticed there seems to be a lot of stuff missing from the server ini's available in the link on the home page. I do not see a ton of usage entries for a lot of basic stuff like potions cooking, etc. I also don't see monster entries for farm animals. So, are the v3 server files incomplete, or have certain things been added to the exe coding?
Sad Sad x 1 View List

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
Re: V3 server files incomplete?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 05:50:37 pm »
alchemy usages are from the server he based on Dune, the weird server with spices.  most cooking usages are in there, just no usages for harvesting/using wheat...if you add those usages it allows all the other usages for breads/pies that are there.

the ini files from Hex are still floating around somewhere, if you want to make a server and need files to use as a base I would suggest those.
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline Duregar

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 06:16:00 pm »
Ok ty, and what are the minerals for.......dolomite etc? I also didnt see any items for spices, so do they need to be added? Also noticed that plants trees etc dont spawn automatically, i seem to recall they were automatically added at generation in the past, so i am ghessing they need to be set somehow?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 06:19:31 pm by Duregar »

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 09:49:02 pm »
ignore the alchemy part of my last post, I barely looked at those files(when using Edit->find in notepad the only time potion came up was with fervor spice, drej potion and first aid usages). 

on Upira(Mickey's last server) mineral powder was mixed with a plant extract to make a potion.  those usages are not there.  you could add them if you want, but my advice to you would still be to use Hex files since it is the best, most complete set of files out there right there...atleast I think(there may be something else out there, but we all know Hex files were good).
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline Duregar

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 06:37:04 pm »
Thanks for the replies Greatest. I actually found the problem last night, think the files were corrupted because the server didnt generate the alchemy usages when i fired it up. The hex files i found were causing a client version conflict and wouldnt run, even when i tried switching to the v2 server. Didnt have enough time to look deeper into that problem yesterday.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 09:41:08 pm »
Alchemy potion usages are all generated and stored by the server. They do not show up in the usage list. Like Greatest said, mix mineral powder with an organic to get a potion. Only some combos work.

Farm animals are there: sheep, cows, your sister, etc.

You need to hit the "Add Content" button on the server to add all the plants and trees. Do it after you have a map you like. Also may need to "Deepen Ocean".
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 06:52:55 am »
Alchemy potion usages are all generated and stored by the server.

does that mean you completely changed the V1-V2 usages and hardcoded something people like playing around with? 

ie: if someone wanted to use a different method from using a powder on a plant, and just use the old system would that not work?
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 01:54:42 pm »
The old way of doing alchemy is still there. It just basic Usage: use alembic on cut plant to get potion. A copy paste from V2 usage.ini would add it.

In V3 where the server randomizes the potions combos, I used SUBTYPES in item.ini for the server to read and then figure out combos to get potions. The server stores the combos in ALCHEMY.DAT file in the DATA folder. If the file is missing on start up, it recreates the combos. Plus if a new potion does not have a combo, it will make one.

For powders:
Code: [Select]
Subtype=Alchemy_Powder
For plant extracts for skill potions:
Subtype=Alchemy_Extract

For ground rose for life/stam/mana potions:
SubType=Alchemy_Rose
For the mushrooms for attribute potions:
Subtype=Alchemy_Shroom
Plant extracts also got these SUBTYPES so the server knows they can be used to create higher tiered potions: II, III, IV, ..., up to X
Subtype=Alchemy_Major
Subtype=Alchemy_Mega
Subtype=Alchemy_Giga
Before the potion combos determined, the system picks an item to be each the Major, Mega and Giga item.

Life/stam/etc Potions use:
SubType=Potion_Rose_Powder_50_100ROSE gets mixed with POWDER with Alchemy skill range 50-100 to make the potion.

Upgrading to II, III, IV, etc is like:
SubType=UpgradePotion_6040_Major_100_1506040 is the potion ID(like Life Potion I) and MAJOR is the random MAJOR subtype extract, 100 to 150 is skill needed.

Attribute potions use:
SubType=Potion_Shroom_Powder_50_100
Skill potions use:
SubType=Potion_Extract_Powder_25_75

I think I used subtypes for backwards compatibility but who knows.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Duregar

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2017, 07:11:17 pm »
Ok I kinda like the random generation idea. Writing uses for them is a bit of a challenge this way, since the info is random and hidden to some degree.
If I understand correctly, there are now 10 variations of each potion, and there is an extract + powder to make tier 1.......potion 1+ a different powder makes tier 2.....etc. So this means that a use for adding bonuses to armor like we could do in v2 will require 10 entries for each level of potion, and some idea as to what the bonus for each tier is to match the giveskillbonus of the use entry. So are the tiers a static bonus each, or a range, and is that info in the dat file?

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2017, 10:41:20 pm »
way overcomplicated, but I sort of like it.  that said even if I work on server files again I probably won't use it :P

@Duregar: you still have to define your potions in item.ini, so you can change things there to fit your other usages.
Disagree Disagree x 1 View List

Offline Duregar

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2017, 03:23:21 pm »
Hey Greatest, just found out that the potion definitions already exist in the v3 item ini. The only thing thats missing is the usages for pots on items. The v2 usages use * as a target, which im guessing is a wildcard for any item. Has something changed in the v3 engine to make that obsolete?