Author Topic: Is It Over?  (Read 3049 times)

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
Is It Over?
« on: September 30, 2017, 06:09:26 am »
So recently any time I log in to play(only a couple times a week here lately) I'm the only person online.  so  just wondering where V3(the second) stands.
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?
Dislike Dislike x 1 Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
Re: Is It Over?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 03:21:42 pm »
I'd have continued playing at least for a little while if mules weren't a pain in the ass to get but that pretty much killed it for me. I've logged on one time since I stopped playing and there was only one other person online.
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 05:55:50 am »
getting a mule was tough, it took me over a week of offering 5k in globals before I got 1.  hopefully Mickey changes that when he updates things, and maybe a wipe might get more people playing.  though I'm not sure he'll do a wipe before he finishes working on magic...
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline Dripless Trout

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 07:49:54 pm »
It ain't never over. RPGWO is ride or die!
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Acamus

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 02:35:21 pm »
I don't know what the big deal about mules is.. just go exploring, wouldn't you be going out exploring anyways? I found a mule within the first 5 sectors explored and I'm up to 4 now.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 02:39:01 pm by Acamus »

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 11:40:27 am »
I don't know what the big deal about mules is.. just go exploring, wouldn't you be going out exploring anyways?
I definitely would not!  as a crafter I stick close to home except when I'm out mining, and I don't think mules spawn underground...

also do you know how many hours it would take me to explore 5 sectors?  I have 10 quickness, none of my skills require that attribute so I never raise it.  that means I move at a snails pace and without a mule(being ob) even slower.
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline Jaster_reylu

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 07:25:07 pm »
u whine a lot for someone with the name greatest.

other than ur exception complaining skills...what are u exactly the greatest at
Like Like x 3 Funny Funny x 1 View List

Offline Pepin

• Attack: 12
    Defense: 13
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
    • Email

• Total Badges: 37
    Linux User Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 03:30:57 pm »
Savage^^^
#
Funny Funny x 1 View List

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 08:41:23 pm »
...what are u exactly the greatest at
ask your mom!
Like Like x 1 Funny Funny x 1 Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline Acamus

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2017, 02:12:28 pm »
Well I'm a pure trade skiller, and all I do is run around the world looking for abandoned houses and alchemy ingredients. I don't know why you would ever start with 10 quickness, everything you do will require quickness since most things require you to move. Once I get a few run jewels, It takes me about 10 minutes to fully (depending on if the monsters are really high level I might miss the middle of the squares) explore a sector. It is definitely not normal for trade skillers to not have any run capability. I always specialize my run since I'm always running around everywhere. An extra 20 points in alchemy is not worth losing 250 run. :P

I glitched my character too much to continue now I think. I made the mistake of putting some cows in a house and now I can't enter the house cuz the warp is blocked and whenever I log in I freeze up after walking 3 steps. Oh well. Time to wait another few months and try again on a new server.

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2017, 06:49:37 pm »
Well I'm a pure trade skiller, and all I do is run around the world looking for abandoned houses and alchemy ingredients. I don't know why you would ever start with 10 quickness, everything you do will require quickness since most things require you to move. Once I get a few run jewels, It takes me about 10 minutes to fully (depending on if the monsters are really high level I might miss the middle of the squares) explore a sector. It is definitely not normal for trade skillers to not have any run capability. I always specialize my run since I'm always running around everywhere. An extra 20 points in alchemy is not worth losing 250 run. :P
the fun thing about sandbox games: everyone can play their own way!  if you like running around you can, if you want to completely ignore a stat that doesn't add to any of your skills you can.  also I usually go mining smithing early, that means a few ore and I'm ob.  it doesn't matter how high your run is when you're at double your burden, you can't move very fast...

I glitched my character too much to continue now I think. I made the mistake of putting some cows in a house and now I can't enter the house cuz the warp is blocked and whenever I log in I freeze up after walking 3 steps. Oh well. Time to wait another few months and try again on a new server.
it isn't you, the server keeps glitching/lagging...it takes a couple minutes to even log in sometimes, then after a few minutes in the game it happens again and makes it pretty much impossible to play(I'm 10 steps outside my house right now, down from 23 and can't seem to make it home).
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline Zerlot

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2017, 12:43:02 pm »
it isn't you, the server keeps glitching/lagging...it takes a couple minutes to even log in sometimes, then after a few minutes in the game it happens again and makes it pretty much impossible to play(I'm 10 steps outside my house right now, down from 23 and can't seem to make it home).
[/quote]

Since hearing that people still want to keep V3 alive, I've been trying to log into that myself and found the lag to be atrocious... I find myself waiting at the loading screen to log into the server for like 5-10 minutes. This is what originally caused me to move on to V6 and just play that, but I'm not gonna hang around V6 if the majority of people are wanting to stay on V3.

Offline Dripless Trout

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2017, 12:34:09 am »
Mickey, no pressure, when are we going to have servers we can at least log in to and get our friends hopelessly addicted to?

every time i load up the game, i only get as far as the RPGO loading screen, and it never gets past that.
Sad Sad x 1 View List

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2017, 02:47:30 pm »
I think the world is too big at 2000x2000 and it gets stuck processing all that crap. I tried before to hunt the issue down but could not figure it out.

Probably need to just start a new world at 1000x1000. I will start a poll and see.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Zerlot

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2017, 10:26:27 am »
I am not able to connect to V3 Upira at all anymore. Did Mickey take the game down for maintenance or something? It's been down for like the past week or so.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2017, 09:01:53 am »
Got it back up. OS Server may have been hacked again but game data looks ok.
Funny Funny x 1 View List

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2017, 09:19:04 pm »
still doing the same thing...you sure you fixed it?
Funny Funny x 1 Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline mechanical keyboard enthusiast

• Attack: 3682
    Defense: 2735
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2017, 05:35:54 pm »
How does it keep getting hacked, don't have remote desktop public
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2017, 11:09:54 pm »
I think I figured out what was lag killing Upira. All the items that spawn into monsters... newborn sheep/cows and chicken eggs. Plus players were using the floating map "barns" and the system was trying to spawn the animal/monster into a small map and it went bat wolf cray cray. A little more time will tell.

Offline Firefox

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2017, 01:59:43 am »
I have been playing 10-12 hrs/day on upira since mick fixed it on 11/26 (and it has been running beautifully) but it went down tonight at 10:30 pm EST and hasn't been back up since.