Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
Picks
« on: August 08, 2017, 07:43:13 am »
so I've noticed that all picks have about the same durability, and with "work" removed from the old V6 code(thank you for that it was annoying) there doesn't seem to be a big difference between picks.  so I was wondering: is there any point of having the different metal picks besides just showing off who can have the highest metal pick?

if not I had a few ideas:
-having more durability for higher tier picks(the most basic of course)
-reduced stam usage for higher tier picks(-1 every few tiers? or is that too op?)
-mining bonus from using higher tier pick
-chance to get more ore from higher tier picks(ie every few levels gives you +1 to the ore you mine)
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Mickey Kudlo

Re: Picks
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 12:23:56 pm »
Currently Picks do have a skill bonus (also Hammers too) that boosts Usage. It should show up in the Item View. Tin = 0, Bronze = 5, ..., Mithril=45. It is 5+ per ore level.

I just increase durability a bit. Tin=1000,Bronze=1200, ..., Mithril=2800, so it 200+ per ore level. This will show up next time I update but probably will only affect new picks/hammers.

Reduced Stamina Cost is an option, easily doable in Usage right now but might be too OP?
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Jaster_reylu

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 06:59:44 pm »
having the bonus on the picks and hammers is too OP, i mean within what? 2? 3? days of server opening all ore types were mined...

with a mithril pick u need what..err.....425 mining to mine all the ores?

mithril hammer means u only need 425 bs to make all the things?

EASY MODE

i mean wolf....i can almost do EVERYTHING even if i dont pay for perks mickey!  =P
what am i supposed to get for my 20$?
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 11:46:29 am »
hadn't noticed the bonus on picks before(I'm using a better 1 now).  I have to ask though, how exactly does that bonus work?  it doesn't add the same way jewels do...

@ Jaster: the whole server is easy mode(except for getting a mule).

@Mickey: I'm not old!  fluorite powder really makes it look like someone has bad hemorrhoids(wow I spelled that really wrong earlier)!
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 01:07:03 pm »
When the Skill Value is calculated during a Usage, it adds that to it. It doesn't show up in Skills list so it is a "passive" boost.

I am thinking that I need to scale the Skill Req double. Right now the ores add about 50 skill req per level (mining, smithing, arming, etc) so it goes from 50 to 550 or so with the 10 ores. Probably need to make it 100 per ore level but that is something I would do right before a wipe, like at the end of this year probably, or I could do it anytime I guess.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Jaster_reylu

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 07:00:51 pm »
as long as u make sure magntite dont end up 400 to mine or something stupid, mages b needy with them runes.

also, if u do this and DONT wipe...there will b problems.
make sure u do this whenever u wipe the world.

dont b dumb.