Author Topic: Mules(needs its own thread)  (Read 2272 times)

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
Mules(needs its own thread)
« on: August 01, 2017, 09:02:47 am »
Mules are in the game now, find a wild mule and get some1 with tameskill to tame it for u
so many things are wrong with that system...but for now I'll just ask questions:

-do you actually need the tame skill or can they be tamed like anything else(I've tamed several purple worms without the tame skill)?

-if mules have to be tamed, does that mean it is possible to have more than 1 mule? 

-if you're taming/selling mules and you already have 1 and tame another to sell, is it possible to give everything on your mule to another player by accident?

-will every mule you own(if it is possible to have multiples) have its own inventory?

-if so, isn't that way too op?

-if not and there is only 1 mule inventory for every mule you own, isn't that still way op?

- if in fact you can only tame 1 mule, how screwed is everyone who starts after the last "tamer" decides they want to use a mule instead of just selling them?
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
Re: Mules(needs its own thread)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 10:06:29 am »
Mules are important for so many things in this game; a light source, food storage so the food doesn't spoil, mining/ore storage, gear storage for fighters that have less than optimal strength as well as potion storage, tool storage, etc.

There is no good reason not to re-implement them in the way they were originally added.
(Insert witty signature here)
Agree Agree x 1 Disagree Disagree x 1 View List

Offline Jaster_reylu

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 05:51:07 am »
You do need tame.

Yes u can have more than 1

If ur stupid enough to sell the wrong mule, then yes ur items r gonna go with the mule.

Yep every mule its own inventory.

Why is it op? I mean it already has infinite burden....how much stuff do you have that it needs to carry.......damn gypsies

If noone is willing to get tame....then they would be very screwd.

Informative Informative x 1 View List

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 06:20:03 am »
Why is it op? I mean it already has infinite burden....how much stuff do you have that it needs to carry.......damn gypsies
always had infinite burden, but limited space.  if you can now have 10 mules with infinite burden, then you really don't have to worry about ever taking anything off of it at home...

more questions:

-since mules are tamed like normal monsters now, can they be killed like normal monsters?
-if they can be killed, what happens to the items they were carrying?(go poof or drop to ground)
-if they drop to ground(best case) can anyone pick them up or will it be like when a player gets killed and only the owner can pick them up until a certain time has passed?
-why are you giving updates/info and answering all the questions instead of Mickey?
-if they can be killed and they are super rare and can only be obtained with the tame skill, isn't that tigered up more than we already thought?

Offline Thaddeus

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 10:44:11 am »
They still can't die (can't be attacked before or after taming) acts like your old mule would have
-^
-^
questions are being answered, information is correct so... origin matters?
-still can't kill 'em and "super rare" is a bit misleading, it takes some effort to find one sure, but after taming it only takes 10 minutes for a new wild mule to spawn
(and they only spawn/move around in a limited area around town, like few sectors each way)

and if you want to have 10 mules following you around all the time... ok? seems like a pain in the ass to me.

only downside(s) so far is universal to all tames, they seem to be rather unresponsive when following, taking a long time to catch up from the time you start moving
and tames don't swim now for some reason(unless that was changed last night, have been mining ever since) so recovering a mule could be a little tedious if it gets left way out in bumtiger nowhere
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 10:50:21 am by Thaddeus »

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 11:56:34 am »
tiger off Jordan, don't disagree with my post and give nothing in response. Until other features are implemented to alleviate the necessity of a mule I'm absolutely correct in their value.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 12:56:28 pm »
Mules are a resource that needs to be gathered. Why is that bad? Give Tamers a bone----r.

Mules were ALWAYS Over-Powered in my opinion. I do need to set alchemy ingredients to Zero burden tho since there are just too many now.

I guess I don't see why mules are a "necessity" especially when all I hear is BURDEN is not a factor in player creation. *shrugs*

I see this and the other "issues" as more and more like a spoil child throwing a tantrum. I am really confused but maybe my ideas are.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 01:20:27 pm »
Burden is definitely a huge factor I'm not sure how you got the idea that it isn't but a player will still choose the attributes that best suit their needs in terms of min-maxing. A fighter that starts out with dex/quick or int/wis as their main attributes cannot carry around a weapon and a full set of armor without a decent amount of strength and that's considering they are carrying nothing else. Depending on how quickly durability diminishes most fighters are going to need multiple weapons if there is not a blacksmith readily available to repair their weapon every X amount of hours.

If mules are so overpowered I don't really understand the logic in allowing players to have multiple mules. As a fighter I could acquire several and keep them parked outside of quests or in sectors where I'm primarily doing my leveling, keeping them stocked with whatever items and gear I'd require. Sure there's no burden limit but there is an item limit and I can recall countless servers where I've filled my mule to capacity and still required further storage. You're over complicating one of the minor issues in the game when there are so many other things that should be focused on instead.

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 07:42:33 pm »
I guess I don't see why mules are a "necessity" especially when all I hear is BURDEN is not a factor in player creation. *shrugs*
burden is not a factor in weapon choices is what we said.  when 2 weapons have 1 that hits more often and does more damage no one cares about it having 300 higher burden, when crafters are trying to gather materials to craft burden is a huge factor.  the threads where you were told burden of weapons was no big deal was true, but going mining and only being able to bring 4-8 ore back to your base when you have to go several plots away to mine and only have 10 quickness(this may just be me but I never invest in quickness since I'm always ob before I get a mule) is crazy!

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 07:04:36 pm »
Cocaine Vampire just confirmed you do not need the tame skill to tame mules.  so even though I still don't like the way mules are set up, it isn't quite as horrible as we thought.

Offline Zorb

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2017, 12:15:13 pm »
We cant find any mules in the world. Phteven has been looking for days. searched for three hours today. i'm helping now, but i haven't seen a mule in weeks.
ZEB (and sometiems Zorb)