Author Topic: List of Known Issues/Suggestions  (Read 5488 times)

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
Re: List of Known Issues/Suggestions
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2017, 04:41:59 pm »
I am saying you should reduce the XP on the more commonly used actions and spells, not remove it altogether. People will seriously use a spell such as stamina to mana over and over regardless of if they are even doing anything that requires it because it gives tons of XP that can literally net you tons of player levels, not just white magic levels.

Does it make sense to you that I can fail at making a gold bar for example from my starting blacksmithing up until 225 blacksmith when it starts to succeed a bit more? It's approximately something like a raise every 5-10 minutes when the raises are 20k+ for failing to make a thing. That isn't logical and it only promotes afk tactics like sticking something on/in the key or macroing.

Instead you could do things like give greater success XP for difficult to make items that require a number of materials or processes or allow for bulk trade-ins to NPCs that give the related skill XP in return, as a couple of examples.

You talk about wanting to make the game more difficult but all I've seen you do so far is change things that don't necessarily need to be changed which have no effect on the overall difficulty of the game but rather create an annoyance for the players like not having mules for a week or forcing players to get tame which really just makes mining for long periods of time a fruitless endeavour instead of changing the parts of the game that would increase the amount of time it takes to achieve what most would consider to be the end-game content. If a player gets some of the best jewels the first week a server opens that essentially cuts the difficulty down even more because they have the capability to boost their stats so much.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 04:50:43 pm by Kaios »
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2017, 08:17:02 pm »
yea you went crazy with minerals.  26 in game while you only have 41 skills(9 or so that don't need potions) is just too much.  I don't think a research window is needed, just some ini changes...like Kaios said stop over complicating simple stuff!

I think when the idea of mixing something with plants to get a potion was first brought up most of us were thinking something along the lines of 4-5 minerals that could mix with each plant(needing fewer plants this way also). 

for example:
Plant1 + Mineral1 = Skill1
Plant2 + Mineral1 = Skill2

from what I'm seeing(I don't have all plants yet) it seems each plant only reacts with 1 mineral...so you have a bunch of extra crap from mining that is mostly useless(12 physical attack skills on a server with about 15 people...).

the thing with the tin hammer is pretty much the thing with the saw from older servers, I see no reason to change it.  if you want to better the economy you shouldn't make it so 1 person can make everything they need.  let them buy it from another player, or add an npc that sells default tools(trader joe used to sell those didn't he?).
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2017, 04:19:26 pm »
All of the minerals are used for one or more potions. Not all of the organics get used.

You can now make any hammer using any hammer.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Jaster_reylu

« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2017, 07:03:15 pm »
Repairing leather armor(and all the variants) is backwards, it should be use armor on sewing kit, or however u want to fix this issue.

Issue is to fully repair any piece of leather u need like 100 sewing kits as they break so fast during the repair process.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2017, 08:41:28 pm »
Repairing leather armor(and all the variants) is backwards, it should be use armor on sewing kit, or however u want to fix this issue.

Issue is to fully repair any piece of leather u need like 100 sewing kits as they break so fast during the repair process.

Huh? Um, what are u smokin? It is use a tool on an item to repair. You really think it shojld be the other way?

Earlier today i increased uses on sewing kits from 25 to 1000. Not sure if it updated or if it affects old kits.

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2017, 07:40:52 am »
-open granite chest: can't put items in it while it is in your inventory.  it works fine on the ground.
doesn't seem to be limited to granite chests, and also doesn't seem to be a persistent problem, sometimes I can drag stuff around in my inventory into bags/chests, sometimes not, haven't figured out any common factor, just happens.
thought he had fixed this 1 since I hadn't had issues with it since I posted, but weird glitch is still weird(bookshelves for me this time).  since dragging a lot of things from inventory to container on the ground was made more complex(shifting map over and standing next to it doesn't work anymore since you and the container will no longer be on the screen) please fix this 1 soon!
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Thaddeus

« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2017, 12:19:16 pm »
I figure most of this will be pretty low priority, just personal wishes/suggestions I guess:
artifact weapons? currently have only found multiple spots of artifact stones while mining(and reveal ore-ing) and they're also incredibly rare(like 1 per 3 sectors)
magma ore usage, zephyrium alloy usage, onyx shard usage, damon ore usage; not sure what you plan to do with these but they currently just look pretty
rosettes currently make jewelry with the same bonuses as diamonds, should be +5 higher?
elemental oils (fire/ice/lightning) and making elemental weapons
make filled and melted crucibles stackable

(talked with you about some of this in-game, figure i'd just put it down in forums for records sake)

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2017, 10:43:11 pm »
tiny granite rock on ground doesn't check land owner before using...can get into someone's unfinished land underground and annoy the hell out of them before they finish lower level walls.  some noob just killed half my cows using that glitch.

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2017, 12:05:10 pm »
Looked around for a mule for an hour or two, couldn't find one, got bored. All I want to do is actually be able to collect ores while I'm mining but can't do that without a mule, if the difficulty you wanted to add to the game was make it difficult for a player to remain logged in without losing their mind due to boredom then you've definitely succeeded in that regard.
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2017, 11:02:47 pm »
only 2 hours?  I walked 5 full sectors without seeing one...and I've been offering 5k(may offer more soon) with no luck. 

also, how easy would it be to rip someone off if you do find mules?  "5k for mules in town" get the cash, then call them a moron.  there should be a way to buy/sell tames securely if you insist on having this crappy system!

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2017, 05:33:44 am »
pick on ground update: actually tearing down a wall gives 52 xp, so 75 xp from "tearing down a wall" that doesn't exist is definitely bad.

also pies/breads other wheat type items are all in usage, but can't make flour as there doesn't seem to be any wheat(or if there is no usages for harvesting it).

cooking knife goes poof when it breaks instead of giving broken tin item.

mostly cosmetic things:
-buckets have a green bar and durability of 99% left even though they don't break(or did you change that?), and filling with water gets rid of the bar and gives 99 uses left...emptying bucket goes back to the green bar with 99% left.
-calcite mineral looks like a powder, powder looks like chunks.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 05:39:10 am by Greatest »

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2017, 06:02:04 am »
I told you in game a that you'd made cooking completely useless and I had stopped using it, but since I mentioned the thing about wheat-

food stuff:
sliced raspberry 5 food
sliced red apple 15 food
sliced grapes 5 food
sliced oranges 10 food

all of those are use to make dried fruit:
dried fruit 3 food

so a loss of between 2 and 12, not sure why dried fruit would be less nourishing than fresh fruit(only has the water removed).

Offline Tommy

• Global Moderator
  • Attack: 89
    Defense: 88
    Attack Member
  • Peanut butter
    • View Profile
    • A modernized RPGWO+ clone.

• Total Badges: 32
    Tenth year Anniversary Level 6 Ninth year Anniversary
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2017, 03:02:47 pm »
Since you seem to be selling the use of tame, I.E. having to tame mules, etc,
It'd be nice to be able to use /tamefollow and wolf without having to be standing next to them.
Maybe make it so we can target them and use such commands.

Maybe it's also time to fix the /tameuse crash when you don't have an item targeted. >_>

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2017, 07:16:12 pm »
not 100% sure on this, but I haven't made any, and it could be so I'm going to ask:

did making staff a magic weapon mess up jewels for staff?  hard to really put it in words, but for example wands are equipped based on "magic skill" so staff being a magic weapon(even though it is staff skill to equip) could have been thrown off on jewelry making...

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2017, 11:27:03 pm »
Locked this because issues are getting lost in it that I should address.

Start a new topic if your issues are still outstanding. Thanks