Author Topic: List of Known Issues/Suggestions  (Read 5486 times)

Offline Jaster_reylu

Re: List of Known Issues/Suggestions
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2017, 05:57:25 am »
worms seem to be a monster spawn underground kaios, so every 50 x 50 space is a worm spawn, surfaced land wont change that...u gotta claim land and build 20 walls i think to kill a spawn.
nope!  he already said surfacing doesn't do anything, and neither does walls.  it isn't a standard monster spawn its a random thing that happens at certain times.  it really does seem to be 10-15 min increments where if you kill them all off they come back again later(similar to gravyn clones).

as far as the previous "Test" world I tried it out, appealed a bunch of stuff and he never fixed/updated any of it.  with that I left the test world, thinking as you just said that he was making changes and hadn't updated on the test world.  that wasn't true, a lot of the issues there that I appealed are still problems on "Upira".

Im pretty sure he said to post issues in forums as he wasnt going to be lookin at appeals.

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2017, 07:02:35 pm »
worms seem to be a monster spawn underground kaios, so every 50 x 50 space is a worm spawn, surfaced land wont change that...u gotta claim land and build 20 walls i think to kill a spawn.
nope!  he already said surfacing doesn't do anything, and neither does walls.  it isn't a standard monster spawn its a random thing that happens at certain times.  it really does seem to be 10-15 min increments where if you kill them all off they come back again later(similar to gravyn clones).

as far as the previous "Test" world I tried it out, appealed a bunch of stuff and he never fixed/updated any of it.  with that I left the test world, thinking as you just said that he was making changes and hadn't updated on the test world.  that wasn't true, a lot of the issues there that I appealed are still problems on "Upira".

Im pretty sure he said to post issues in forums as he wasnt going to be lookin at appeals.
if you look at the forum posts I've made you'll clearly see I did that as well.  very few of the problems I found and reported(both here and in appeals) were fixed before Upira opened.  of those "fixes" that were made, it was mostly removing something from the game completely to work on it later...none of those things were actually fixed(or if they were they weren't added back to the game).

now can we stop arguing about this and leave this thread as an actual report thread for bugs as it was intended?
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2017, 07:16:20 pm »
however,since he wants problems posted here instead of appeals, I'll post all the stuff I've appealed:

-pick on ground: supposed to give tiny granite, it doesn't.  gives 75 xp per try though, too much for nothing.
-dirt: goes poof even when in a chest.  without mules there is no way to keep enough dirt to level land.
-boiling cooking pot: single use.  makes anything that needs to be boiled super clicky.
-open granite chest: can't put items in it while it is in your inventory.  it works fine on the ground.
-tin->silver: there are a few items made of tin that when broken down give you silver ore.  silver ore is useless, and tin is super rare for some reason*.

these are just my appeals, there are several more and I don't think everyone who plays uses the forum...so it isn't good to have an appeal system in game and not use it if you don't tell people you don't use it in the game.

*I've mined 3 tin the entire time I've been playing, while I have over 20 hessite that I took the time to drag back home.  mostly it gets left on the ground because it is heavy and I have no mule...

Offline Jaster_reylu

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2017, 08:18:59 am »
Mules are in the game now, find a wild mule and get some1 with tameskill to tame it for u

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2017, 09:35:29 am »
more on purple worms, not only do walls and surfacing not stop them from spawning, they can even walk over walls...

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2017, 10:04:44 am »
I'm not wasting points on the tame skill to tame a single thing when as a trader I need so many other skills first and I don't have the time to waste what could possibly be hours wandering around looking for a stupid mule to tame. I'll give the game a try again when Mickey stops acting like an idiot.

I also didn't see a single post from him or anything in the game updates mentioning anything about mules so thanks for that.
(Insert witty signature here)
Love Love x 1 View List

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2017, 10:02:18 pm »
-the /tamemarch command no longer works
-cobalt hammer(level 3) works on tin(L1) but not bronze(L2), while bronze hammer works on both tin and bronze

Offline Jaster_reylu

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2017, 05:43:28 am »
Np
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 05:45:53 am by Jaster_reylu »

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2017, 07:19:40 am »
food balance...max food is 120, most decent foods give more than 120.  I know this seems odd, but if you're not going to raise the cap can you lower food amounts given?

also thanks for fixing that weird destroy everything when someone has an auto tool equipped.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Thaddeus

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2017, 11:26:12 am »
-open granite chest: can't put items in it while it is in your inventory.  it works fine on the ground.
doesn't seem to be limited to granite chests, and also doesn't seem to be a persistent problem, sometimes I can drag stuff around in my inventory into bags/chests, sometimes not, haven't figured out any common factor, just happens.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2017, 01:09:49 pm »
Hammers are progressive. You need the best one you have to make the next best one. Subtypes in usage is limited is why I had to do this, I think.

I bet the chest issue is related to the expanding of the inventory view. Will take a look.

Worms are staying. I changed wilderness spawns (includes underground) to not spawn on top of players. Also underground surfacing now act like walls to stop spawning. Need 50 to stop in an area.

Yeah, looks like minerals are dominating mining. I will see what I can do.

My wife says I am an idiot sometimes... maybe Kaios and my wife are colluding?!?!
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Thaddeus

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2017, 01:25:59 pm »
I feel like there needs to be a way to make a tin hammer that doesn't require another hammer, some way that a person can learn blacksmith after creation and still be able to use it without another player helping them.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2017, 01:28:56 pm »
AND for those of you who think I am NOT listening to players.... I DO.
I have already fixed and tweaked many a thing players brought up but there are things/fixes I want too.

Offline Jaster_reylu

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2017, 04:22:35 pm »
I have already fixed and tweaked many a thing players brought up but there are things/fixes I want too.

Yes...like dual wielding daggers n wolf.

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2017, 04:47:17 pm »

How about not allowing players to make mass amounts of gold by selling garbage to the NPC traders. How about a fletching skill instead of having arrows and bolts nonsensically made through their attack skill. How about changing the requirements on jewelry making so it's actually difficult to achieve higher tier jewels instead of diamond jewels in the first week. How about increase the mining requirement on those gems and better ores as well. How about lowering the fail experience and the success experience gained on easily repeatable tasks so someone can't get over 200 base blacksmithing in several hours just by failing to make a gold bar. How about increasing the difficulty to learn and cast higher level red, white and blue magic spells as well as lowering the white magic experience and overall experience gained for constantly casting stamina to mana and other consistently used spells. I could keep going.
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2017, 07:33:14 pm »
Hammers are progressive. You need the best one you have to make the next best one. Subtypes in usage is limited is why I had to do this, I think.
I get that they are progressive, but making a new tool from tin needs a tin or bronze hammer.  my lowest hammer at the time was cobalt.  thankfully you can use a cobalt hammer to make a bronze hammer and a bronze hammer to make tin tools...but honestly if a hammer can work a lower metal then shouldn't any other higher hammer also work that lower metal?

ie your current set up allows:
-tin hammer can work tin and make bronze hammer
-bronze hammer can work tin and bronze and make a cobalt hammer
-cobalt hammer can work bronze and cobalt and make an iron(I think, I keep getting tiers confused) hammer

my thoughts on this would be:
-tin hammer can work tin and make bronze hammer
-bronze hammer can work tin and bronze and make a cobalt hammer
-cobalt hammer can work tin, bronze, and cobalt, and make an iron hammer

and so on and so forth as long as it is a lower tier metal than the hammer you're using you should be able to use it...instead of us needing a hammer of every ore type

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2017, 08:36:39 pm »
this 1 is minor, but green bar on tools is way off on how much durability is left, my current pick is at 9% and the bar is still over half

also bronze hammer on broken bronze item doesn't seem to work, not so minor :P
edit2: if you log out/in then try again it tells you item is not in need of repair...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 08:43:48 pm by Greatest »

Offline Zer0smage

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2017, 11:50:43 pm »
Are there artifacts in the game or only artifact stones?

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2017, 07:09:48 am »
ignore my last post about hammers(I was dealing with annoying kids and posted it ass backwards).  all hammers seem to work on tin, what I was getting at is: if they all work on tin shouldn't they also work on any metal between tin and themselves?

game stuff
-turning off "enable animations" in settings doesn't stop the weird player movement(toward item being used).
-if you get the not your land message while mining, then try to use an item in inventory it won't let you because the system wants to keep trying to mine...easy to stop, but annoying when it happens.
-when running from monsters if they hit you your character stops to get hit more even when you've clicked far away from that spot.

ini stuff:
-milk gives 0 food(and no usages for making anything else).
-oil wells have no usages and can't be moved, when ore respawns under them they don't go away and makes the spot impassable.
-using pick to mine(not in auto spot) doesn't work because of the tiny granite option(that doesn't actually give tiny granite)

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2017, 03:51:26 pm »
For next update... changed it so any hammer can make any hammer. Also, use heated tin ingot on ground to make a tin hammer for those who train BlackSmith after creation.

@Kaios, Jewelry i wanted to rework it like ores but needed a whole month to do it and decided to open a world first. Magic I had changes planned there too but again, decided to push it until later.

I don't understand why players should not be able to gain XP from casting over and over? and from failed XP? Aren't those fundamental parts of the game and of life, learning from mistakes? I am curious how you plan to police that? And when should I release V3 server? Now or wait more months?

And dang it, Alchemy waaay too bulky and a mess now. Need an Alchemy research window to simplify it.
Like Like x 1 View List