Author Topic: List of Known Issues/Suggestions  (Read 5496 times)

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
List of Known Issues/Suggestions
« on: July 28, 2017, 03:33:08 pm »
Issues
  • Walking over objects with auto tool slot filled uses the tool on the object (eg. walking over granite with pick equipped breaks the granite, walking over plants with farmer's scythe equipped farms the plant). Not the worst thing but could be annoying depending on what you have equipped and what you're doing.
  • Food max is too low, raise it from 120 to at least 500.
  • Allow for movement with zero stamina, being trapped in place is very annoying especially on water. This would also make climbing over mountain terrain less of a pain in the ass.
  • No temperature? /temp command works but I don't see any warm/cold effects being applied to my character. Different temperatures for the new biomes would add an interesting layer to them.
  • Farming should start with clippers.
  • Players don't start with a fire stopper.
  • Sector spawns look as crappy as they did in V2. Not enough mobs that are scattered and spawn too close to the 50x50 edges.
  • I don't know if enemies and combat is still borked but you should fix that ASAP.

Suggestions
  • Get rid of evasion and return melee/missile defense as separate skills, it's too easy to spec all defenses and an attack. Unless you want everyone to go throwing. Starting with magic resist is fine if the amount of skill points still limits you from specializing all 3 defenses and an attack.
  • Mules are pretty essential and at this point most people expect them and rely on them, I don't see any point in restricting them to some weird taming dynamic or not having them at all. Make them cost more than 1k gold if you want so players are required to purchase land at first for storage purposes.
  • Worms suck. If you want to have unearthed graves or something underground that's fine (even though I hate those too) but randomly spawning mobs from dirt is just obnoxious.
  • Players shouldn't start with the dagger skill.
  • The UI is kind of all over the place. Attack, Target, Offensive/Defensive stances, Scan, Sneak and all those other options should all be on the same side as profile and aiming and should be placed somewhere you can spell them out entirely. You have all this space on the right side but don't make use of it. Some of the stuff crammed in to the options tab such as appeals, mail and hotkeys should be somewhere else. Magic tab could have a place of its own to be instantly accessible.

Will probably have to add more stuff in a subsequent post because the editing option on this forum is dumb and doesn't last forever. Other people should feel free to post things here too.
(Insert witty signature here)
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Gimpy

Re: List of Known Issues/Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 09:13:47 pm »
I agree with all of those except for changing evasion. i only say that because im not sure how you could do that with out wiping

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 11:27:55 pm »
Walking over objects with auto tool slot filled uses the tool on the object (eg. walking over granite with pick equipped breaks the granite, walking over plants with farmer's scythe equipped farms the plant). Not the worst thing but could be annoying depending on what you have equipped and what you're doing.
walking up stairs breaks the stairs...I think you broke something when you added the auto tool slot instead of allowing auto mine tools to be defined in an .ini, honestly besides mining when is auto anything really a good idea?
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 03:24:33 am »
Issues
  • Walking over objects with auto tool slot filled uses the tool on the object (eg. walking over granite with pick equipped breaks the granite, walking over plants with farmer's scythe equipped farms the plant). Not the worst thing but could be annoying depending on what you have equipped and what you're doing.

Sooo, should I filter the Usages down? Like just mining and farming?

• Food max is too low, raise it from 120 to at least 500.

I reduced food use. 120 should last 2 real hours. It actually has given food some value. We haven't played long enough to know tho.

• Allow for movement with zero stamina, being trapped in place is very annoying especially on water. This would also make climbing over mountain terrain less of a pain in the ass.

It does allow movement with ZERO Stamina. It eats your Life BUT... no Stamina greatly reduces Swim and Climb so if your Swim or Climb suck balls... you go no place.... I didn't change this code, pretty sure. Just how Climb works.

• No temperature? /temp command works but I don't see any warm/cold effects being applied to my character. Different temperatures for the new biomes would add an interesting layer to them.

Yes, I need to add Temp to biomes soon.

• Farming should start with clippers.

Farming what? Can you be more specific. You want to get rid of Farmer's Scythe? I did in V6 so no problem.

• Players don't start with a fire stopper.

So? You lucky I gave you candles and a fire starter.

• Sector spawns look as crappy as they did in V2. Not enough mobs that are scattered and spawn too close to the 50x50 edges.

Not supposed to be edges. They supposed to be everywhere. And not supposed to be too many. It is called "hunting" for a reason. You sound like a trader who feels they can go anywhere, anytime with zero risk.... reminds me, I need to add Worms back.

• I don't know if enemies and combat is still borked but you should fix that ASAP.

Fixed. Really weird overflow bug with monster attacking that should have shown up 15 years ago.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 03:44:33 am »
Suggestions
  • Get rid of evasion and return melee/missile defense as separate skills, it's too easy to spec all defenses and an attack. Unless you want everyone to go throwing. Starting with magic resist is fine if the amount of skill points still limits you from specializing all 3 defenses and an attack.

Evasion is being able to dodge incoming physical attacks. That why I combined them. And I made this change months ago.

• Mules are pretty essential and at this point most people expect them and rely on them, I don't see any point in restricting them to some weird taming dynamic or not having them at all. Make them cost more than 1k gold if you want so players are required to purchase land at first for storage purposes.

tiger your mules! You get them when I tigering ram them down your tigering throat.

• Worms suck. If you want to have unearthed graves or something underground that's fine (even though I hate those too) but randomly spawning mobs from dirt is just obnoxious.

Again, why do traders think they can live risk free???

• Players shouldn't start with the dagger skill.

Why not? I nerfed daggers and it nice I gave traders a free gift, yo.

• The UI is kind of all over the place. Attack, Target, Offensive/Defensive stances, Scan, Sneak and all those other options should all be on the same side as profile and aiming and should be placed somewhere you can spell them out entirely. You have all this space on the right side but don't make use of it. Some of the stuff crammed in to the options tab such as appeals, mail and hotkeys should be somewhere else. Magic tab could have a place of its own to be instantly accessible.

Putting the Tactical Map View in the middle messed it all up. It still needs work and bugs sorted.

I don't want to make this game too hard to play but no pussies allowed. We all veterans here.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Zer0smage

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 03:48:25 am »
Billy likes this!

Offline Jaster_reylu

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 06:18:08 am »
kaios means when u create a character with farming skill, u should start with clippers........  starter item or whatever ur code thingy for it is..

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2017, 10:22:13 am »
He is completely right about evasion, i think one way to balance it would be to make it str dex quick /4 or str dex quick wisdom /5

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2017, 10:47:30 am »
Sooo, should I filter the Usages down? Like just mining and farming?

Sure that sounds fine

I reduced food use. 120 should last 2 real hours. It actually has given food some value. We haven't played long enough to know tho.

I have played long enough to know that it adds nothing in the form of challenge but adds plenty in the form of annoyance. It doesn't give food value because you haven't changed the value of food, I'm eating apples and oranges and berries which is plenty to maintain 120 food and removes any purpose for higher tier foods. Oranges give 20 stam btw lol.

It does allow movement with ZERO Stamina. It eats your Life BUT... no Stamina greatly reduces Swim and Climb so if your Swim or Climb suck balls... you go no place.... I didn't change this code, pretty sure. Just how Climb works.

This is incorrect. On water with zero stam, can't move. On land with zero stam, can't move. Anywhere with zero stam, can't move. So if you're swimming you become trapped in place at zero stamina, if you're starving you become trapped in place if you have no food left. It does not consume life at zero stamina like it should, you just can't move.

Farming what? Can you be more specific. You want to get rid of Farmer's Scythe? I did in V6 so no problem.

As in players who create characters with the farming skill don't start with any clippers.

So? You lucky I gave you candles and a fire starter.

f u c k yo candles

Not supposed to be edges. They supposed to be everywhere. And not supposed to be too many. It is called "hunting" for a reason. You sound like a trader who feels they can go anywhere, anytime with zero risk.... reminds me, I need to add Worms back.

I can move around just fine as a trader, I am looking at it from the perspective of a fighter. The monster spawns are garbage for leveling and that's all there is to it. Bigger groups in clusters is more efficient.

Evasion is being able to dodge incoming physical attacks. That why I combined them. And I made this change months ago.

It's dumb to have them combined because now players are essentially leveling up two defenses at once, for the cost of one defense. I have no idea what made you think this is a change that was necessary.

tiger your mules! You get them when I tigering ram them down your tigering throat.

chill BRO

Again, why do traders think they can live risk free???

Again, if you want to add in unearthed graves that's fine but worms aren't hard, just annoying. You should opt for less things to be annoying when you want people to play a game.

Why not? I nerfed daggers and it nice I gave traders a free gift, yo.

Exactly, it removes any viability for dagger to be a PvP weapon and ruins the skill for anyone who might have wanted to use it as a fighter. I'm never gonna use dagger to kill anything more than farm animals when I don't have melee defense... er, evasion. And I can use any practice weapon for killing farm animals.

I don't want to make this game too hard to play but no pussies allowed. We all veterans here.

Difficult is cool, no arguments from me on that point.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 10:49:21 am by Kaios »
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2017, 11:03:26 am »
Oh and another major issue, you got rid of fletching and made arrow and bow making done with the Bow ATTACK SKILL? I don't think you thought that one through entirely because players can now easily level up with their Bow not by fighting monsters but by failing in making arrows or some wolf. Wtf man.
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Light Elf

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2017, 12:54:49 pm »
Based on your attitude towards suggestions and ideas from your Dedicated, and Veteran players, I dont see this server lasting long, Your coming into this with the "tiger you all I'm doing what I want and I dont give a tiger what you have to say attitude" And I will tell you right now that will do nothing but drive players away.

You have never actually even played your own game enough and interacted with players enough to understand how we actually play your game, alot of the changes you have made are useless, annoying, inconvenient and a complete change from the way we ACTUALLY used to ENJOY playing your game, Right now your server is a half ass mess of a piece of wolf and You don't seem to have the attitude to want to fix it, I would just not bother wasting any more of your time right now if that's how your going to approach things Mickey.   
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2017, 09:02:59 pm »
I am actually 100% with light elf on this one, i tried telling you what i thought about the test server and you just shrugged it all off with empty replies. Kaios of all people who hardly even plays any more put in a well wrote suggestion and input on what some flaws where from his perspective, and you just blew it all off. Keep in mind thats some one who played thousands or hours  in your worlds. And thats not an an overstatement. If thats the approach you are going to take with v3 or rpgwo in general now and days then i think i will truly retire my self from this game.
Like Like x 2 View List

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2017, 09:08:13 pm »
Exactly, it removes any viability for dagger to be a PvP weapon and ruins the skill for anyone who might have wanted to use it as a fighter. I'm never gonna use dagger to kill anything more than farm animals when I don't have melee defense... er, evasion. And I can use any practice weapon for killing farm animals.

i made this point already, why wouldnt you use UA? This way every one naturally has a built in fighting skill and just make UA dynamic with bare hands. Higher you get it the more damage you do?
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2017, 11:53:19 pm »
and I thought I was the only 1 who noticed Mickey was making the game he wanted without caring what anyone else said ;D

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2017, 01:48:23 am »
and I thought I was the only 1 who noticed Mickey was making the game he wanted without caring what anyone else said ;D

It's more than fine if he wants to implement his own ideas, it's his game and he has creative license over it but if he ever wants to monetize it again instead of messing around for free then he should be willing to compromise or make adjustments. Preferably in a timely manner but the simple fact he's working on V3, made the changes he has so far and opened a server is more than what we've seen for a long while so I'll take it. I'm a bit surprised he didn't just do a test world opening for a day or something so we could get some of those core changes out of the way before players put some real work in to a server but oh well.

Don't be so harsh dudes.

Offline Jaster_reylu

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2017, 06:01:37 am »
kaios, i think mickey was sad that not many tried out the test world, and upria is the real test world. he made alot of changes and never put them live on that v3 test world

with the changes hes wanting to make to a bunch of the skills this world will require a wipe within 4 or 5 months anyway (depending how fast he gets to the updates i guess)
Disagree Disagree x 1 View List

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2017, 11:44:51 am »
  • Worms continue to spawn on claimed and surfaced land underground. Worms spawning in mass amounts in general is still annoying, mine for 10 minutes and you have 5-10 worms spawning for every 5x5 area mined out.
  • Gold on NPC traders? "Hey guys I want to make a difficult server but here just get all your gold by selling random garbage to the starter NPCs"
  • Seems to be a severe lack of farm animals spawning, more specifically chickens but I hardly see cows as well.
  • Still no mules. Even worse you made every single thing heavy as tiger.
  • Using a pick on the ground is an action. Says it yields tiny granite but does not but provides experience anyways. Success message is "You tear down the wall" so most likely this is unintended.
  • I read an appeal that reported an issue regarding shields, they may not be working as intended but since I'm not a fighter and haven't used them I don't know the specifics.

Hurry up and make some changes so players can actually start progressing or indicate if you're going to wipe so we don't waste any more time because current state of this server is broken, to put it lightly.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 11:47:13 am by Kaios »
Love Love x 1 View List

Offline Jaster_reylu

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2017, 04:00:36 pm »
worms seem to be a monster spawn underground kaios, so every 50 x 50 space is a worm spawn, surfaced land wont change that...u gotta claim land and build 20 walls i think to kill a spawn.
Disagree Disagree x 1 View List

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2017, 05:16:08 pm »
worms seem to be a monster spawn underground kaios, so every 50 x 50 space is a worm spawn, surfaced land wont change that...u gotta claim land and build 20 walls i think to kill a spawn.
nope!  he already said surfacing doesn't do anything, and neither does walls.  it isn't a standard monster spawn its a random thing that happens at certain times.  it really does seem to be 10-15 min increments where if you kill them all off they come back again later(similar to gravyn clones).

as far as the previous "Test" world I tried it out, appealed a bunch of stuff and he never fixed/updated any of it.  with that I left the test world, thinking as you just said that he was making changes and hadn't updated on the test world.  that wasn't true, a lot of the issues there that I appealed are still problems on "Upira".

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2017, 11:59:06 pm »
more auto tool issues:
-plough in auto spot does nothing.
-seeds in auto spot plants 1 then removes from auto spot