Author Topic: status effects/weapon bonuses  (Read 711 times)

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
status effects/weapon bonuses
« on: May 30, 2017, 02:45:51 pm »
I think I asked about this before but couldn't find it, so I figured now would be a good time to ask about these again...

so I'll start with status effects:
bleeding damage - caused by certain weapons or traps steadily lose small amount of hp until it is dealt with(give first aid an actual purpose).

tripped - caused by traps(or maybe some strange weapon skills that use a lot of stam) no big issue just stops movement/attacking for a moment while char gets back to his/her feet.  could also take more damage from attacks while char is down, and have weight of armor and char's strength as factors in how long it takes to stand back up.

ensnared - another 1 caused by traps, can attack while ensnared but can't move until trap is undone(really make trap skill useful).

arrow to the knee(yes I said it) - slows character movement a little based on type of arrow used versus type of armor worn

and weapon bonuses: you know how maces cause stam damage?  I'd like to see other weapons cause different effects as well, but not really sure what.  I could see daggers being the prime cause of bleeding damage status effect, but besides causing status effects I'm stumped...but I'm sure others have ideas about it.
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Mickey Kudlo

Re: status effects/weapon bonuses
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 01:47:48 pm »
bleeding damage - caused by certain weapons or traps steadily lose small amount of hp until it is dealt with(give first aid an actual purpose).

Bleeding is really the same thing as poison damage though except I could add blood trails.

tripped - caused by traps(or maybe some strange weapon skills that use a lot of stam) no big issue just stops movement/attacking for a moment while char gets back to his/her feet.  could also take more damage from attacks while char is down, and have weight of armor and char's strength as factors in how long it takes to stand back up.

Yeah, after I re-work player images, I could do a rotate 90 degree to show, they are laying prone. It could also have stealth and missile cover bonuses.

ensnared - another 1 caused by traps, can attack while ensnared but can't move until trap is undone(really make trap skill useful).

This is kinda like the Ice spell/trap. Can add a perm/delayed stuck effect. One thing I did in V6 was "indicator icons" that showed on the tactical map, upper left, that show effects on a player, like Over Burden, Swimming, In Mud (slowed down), etc. I plan these some day cuz it isn't clear sometimes what is affecting the player.

arrow to the knee(yes I said it) - slows character movement a little based on type of arrow used versus type of armor worn

*shrugs*  Can be hard to tell when slowed since movement is blocky as is. But sounds like a "Speed Stun" effect.

and weapon bonuses: you know how maces cause stam damage?  I'd like to see other weapons cause different effects as well, but not really sure what.  I could see daggers being the prime cause of bleeding damage status effect, but besides causing status effects I'm stumped...but I'm sure others have ideas about it.

Each weapon type has a unique effect already:
Sword - thrust/cut/bash damage
Axe - Shield break (more important now since I improved shields)
Flail - ignores shields
Spear - range 2
Staff - weapon AL
Scythe - critical chance
Mace - Stamina damage
Dagger - doesn't have anything but is free but has reduced damage
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!