Author Topic: Current Task  (Read 3155 times)

Offline Mickey Kudlo

Current Task
« on: April 17, 2017, 11:58:11 am »
Hello, I figured I should let everyone know what I am doing, since lately it is a lot of work I can't really update the server with yet.

Done:
  • New ores, mining, making bars, heating bars
  • removed mining the old ores, removed molds and filled crucibles
  • added ore picks and hammers, usage to make them
  • added ore daggers, usage to make, Dagger skill is free, nerfed daggers, removed old daggers
  • added ore swords, usage to make, removed old swords
  • added ore axes, etc
  • added or maces, etc

Working on or Planned:
  • ore scythe, flail, spear, staff, ua, bow, xbow, throwing
  • ore armors, leather armor, studded leather armor

Then I think I will start a new world for testing them all. Hopefully by May.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!
Like Like x 2 View List

Offline Mickey Kudlo

Re: Current Task
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 11:02:21 am »
Done:
  • Ore Weapons: Spear, Staff, Flail, UnArmed, Throwing
  • Blacksmith making ore weapons:
    • Use <Ore Item> on <hot pit> to get <Ore Ingot> (<Ore Item> is mined ore or any item made with that ore)
    • Use <Ore Ingot> on <hot pit> to get <Heated Ore Ingot>
    • Use <Ore Hammer> on <Heated Ore Ingot> to get <Ore Item>

Working On or Planned:
  • Ore Weapons: Bows, X-Bow, Scythes
  • Minor code tweaks here and there

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 01:43:21 pm »
Updated with all the new ores and weapons.

Will work on tools since they got broken or difficult to make cuz of ore changes.

Gonna let the dust settle before I do armor, wands and other items.

I am doing code changes/fixes as I go. Like I already coded dual Weapon/Wand items but none in world yet.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 11:27:47 am »
Working on armor this week.
 - pure ore armor will have ManaDenial on it, the better the metal, the higher the denial, basically the metal interferes with mana regeneration, might do casting penalties but will see how this works for now
 - adding studded leather that will not have ManaDenial but the AL is lower
 - thinking about adding robes that would have ManaRenewal but the AL is even lower, probably

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 02:05:19 pm »
Working on:
  • fletching and ammo re-work, want to reduce number of skills needed to make arrows and bolts
  • want arrows and bolts to always be re-usable, missed ammo falls to ground, hit ammo goes into target Carry and is dropped at death
  • arrows and bolts can break after being shot but can be re-worked back into ammo

Near Future:
  • Ore wands: wand, orb, short staff, long staff. Each will have a uniqueness to it, not sure yet, but the staffs will also be weapons.
  • Ore shields, might also add Shield skill
  • Thinking of Evasion skill that combines Melee and Missile Defense

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 11:10:16 am »
Working on:
  • Ore shields, might also add Shield skill
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 10:43:57 am »
I have been testing Shields and making tweaks to various things including the client.
Also working on the Win 10 errors.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 04:37:48 pm »
There really hasn't been much player interest in testing the stuff I have been doing on V3. Maybe you want a permanent world? Me too, so I am gonna focus on anything I need for a new world and not get distracted by things that can wait until after a perm world.

• Land Parcels 10x10 with costs at 250 for the first 4 and doubles after that: 500, 1000, 2000, etc. No limit.
  • Alchemy changes: add minerals to potion mixing, randomization of potion recipes, add more roses and plants too, maybe
  • Magic changes: blank runes (blacksmith), rune crafting (anyone with a magic trained), must have a rune to make that rune, rune drops, rune research, spell rune combos mixed on world creation
  • Map Creation: biomes, animals, plants, surfaces, auto creation of towns, roads, quests, etc

My goal is to open something up July 1st
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 11:06:49 am »
I haven't updated the game but have stuff done for a wipe and real world.

• Alchemy is now a mineral and organic mix. Combos get randomized at world creation.
  • Land Parcels are 10x10, costing 250 for the first 4 then doubles from 1000, 2000, 4000, 8000, etc., limited to ... 100 claims

Working on Map Creation now and biomes.

Not sure if I will be able to change magic before July so will probably delay the new world until Mid-July or later.

Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 11:05:49 am »
Got natural map creation done with biomes. Keeping it simple for now with just 5 latitude based biomes (top to bottom): arctic, tundra, plains, arid, desert. They each get their own surface. I spread the plants out among the biomes. Haven't changed monsters yet. That is a whole other task I need to tackle soon but after magic changes.

Working on man-made map edits at creation like a starter town and other towns around the map. They are pretty simple, in theory, to make so I should be able to code it. In V5 I coded auto town making and it looked pretty good... I thought. Also, quests will be part of this, like caves, sewers, dungeons, siege, etc., but that would be an on going thing to work on. And roads from here to there and back.

After this I can open a perm world but don't know when. My goal is mid-July.
Winner Winner x 1 View List

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2017, 12:32:40 pm »
Started a new V3 perm world called Upira. Got the name from a name generator and later found out it means "opera" in some language, Spanish maybe, heh.

Things I NEED to do before opening:
- NPC trader review
- starter town
- middle-town
- road from starter to middle
- monster category edit for biomes
- wilderness monster adding
- magic rune scramble (can NOT do the magic changes I wanted yet, would take too much time, will work on later)

My ideas for server auto-building the world would take too much time right now. I do plan to work on auto quest building somewhat, sometime.
Not adding any quests yet. Want to get something open first. Quests will show up ... when they show up. One per week is a good goal.

There is a lot I want to add before an opening but just gonna focus on basic NEEDs otherwise it will take months to open anything.

Hoping to get all this done this week.

If anyone wants to build maps for quests, then please do.
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2017, 01:46:18 pm »
Done:
- Starter town
- wilderness spawns
- rune scramble

The Guild Town I want to go forward with but gonna code it AFTER I open, so will probably disable Guilds for a few weeks after open to figure it out.

The last thing I want to do before I open is adding Cave quests to the map. In V6, each sector had a randomly generated Cave with monsters and loot. I think I need to at least have that before opening and I should be able to do it in a week... I hope.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2017, 10:09:21 am »
I am almost done with Cave auto-creation. There was some significant foundational work to do for caves and that will support other auto-created quests in the future. I also have a recent physical injury that is slowing me down considerably.

I think I will be able to open this Friday, maybe.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2017, 06:00:03 pm »
Sooo, got Upira up and running. It has some issues. Some got fixed and others still persist but I have been very busy working on it.

Currently:
- dealing with player issues/bugs in Appeals and forums, yes I listen
- reworking monsters, balancing better, which for the most part levels their skills closer and lowered their life. Plus weapon and armor tweaks.
- looking at the guild town changes soon

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2017, 10:23:43 am »
Other than trying to figure out the lag and disconnect issues.... I think it time I finally work on ... The Guild Tab. It won't be a simple, quick thing either since there are several modes: not a member, a member, a leader, etc.
Like Like x 1 View List