What usage system should V3 use?

V1/V2 stamina based system
3 (60%)
V6 work based system
0 (0%)
Other, specify below
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: V3 Usage System  (Read 1281 times)

Offline Mickey Kudlo

V3 Usage System
« on: March 20, 2017, 01:06:15 pm »
Option1:
V1/V2 uses a Stamina based system that charges the player X STAMINA per usage attempt whether it success or fail. On success, it gives the final item produced. This can produce items fast but has an upper STAMINA limit that keeps usages on the low end. Like 100 stamina charge would be the practical limit and thus really complicated items may be too easy to make, from a balance stand point. But we have had this system for 17 years and been just fine. Can always have item stages like "<item> : 10% complete" up thru 90% then "<item>". Only one person can do the usage at a time except for failed XP.

Option 2:
V6 uses a Work based system that requires X WORK to get the final item. It charges 1 STAMINA per turn and does N WORK per turn based on your skill. It uses a divisor on your skill to get work done that turn, for example, if your skill is 200 and the divisor is 50, then 200 / 50 = 4 work done that turn. It takes longer to make items but does give more Failed XP. This also mimics Combat stamina usage, with 1 attack = 1 stamina thus traders match fighters more closely in XP gain. This system allows high/unlimited amounts of Work for more complicated usages. Multiple players can work the same usage at the same time and share the XP.

A V6 world is currently up and running if you want to try out the Work based system. Farming, mining, blacksmith, etc.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
Re: V3 Usage System
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 03:12:59 pm »
I didn't like the work system in V6 for some things but I did for others.  any chance we can have a combination of the 2?
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Tommy

• Global Moderator
  • Attack: 89
    Defense: 88
    Attack Member
  • Peanut butter
    • View Profile
    • A modernized RPGWO+ clone.

• Total Badges: 32
    Badges: (View All)
    Tenth year Anniversary Level 6 Ninth year Anniversary
Re: V3 Usage System
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 12:29:55 am »
I didn't like the work system in V6 for some things but I did for others.  any chance we can have a combination of the 2?

I like the idea of being able to have more than one player working on a usage at the same time. I think it'd be a pretty interesting idea to incorporate that for complicated things such as building walls, etc.

It doesn't make sense too much, in my opinion anyway, to have it be that way for simple everyday things, like potion making and/or cooking(?).