Author Topic: Weapons  (Read 1127 times)

Offline Mickey Kudlo

Weapons
« on: April 11, 2017, 04:11:04 pm »
If you don't recall, a weapon rating is the average damage it can do in 10 seconds.

The ore weapons start with tin with a rating of 30.
Each ore increases the rating by 10.
For now, each ore will have 6 weapons in a skill type.

For Sword I have:
- Short Sword
- Sword
- Long Sword
- Broad Sword
- Claymore
- Great Sword

NameSpeedDamageRating2-HandALSkill Req
Tin Short Sword1.51 - 83025
Tin Sword2.02 - 103025
Tin Long Sword2.54 - 123025
Tin Broad Sword3.05 - 133025
Tin Claymore2.03 - 1135True450
Tin Great Sword3.06 - 1535True450

So basically the first 4 are normal, single handed. Fastest to slowest, least damage to most damage. Depending what your style is, attack more often with less damage per attack or attack less often with more damage per attack.
The last 2 are similar, faster/less damage and slower/more damage but since they are 2-handed, you get some AL and a little higher skill required to arm plus a little better rating.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
Re: Weapons
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 04:40:36 pm »
do we really need 4 swords at the same skill?  since each hit takes 1 stam, faster weapons doing lower damage are usually avoided.  running out of stam during a fight means death since you can no longer block, so how about spacing weapons out a little more?  also I read and posted in the other thread first so I had a bit about weapons there too...oops ;D
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline BlackBand

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 09:05:14 am »
--Visual of Weapon DPS--
NameDamage per Second
Tin Short Sword   3
Tin Sword3
Tin Long Sword3.2
Tin Broad Sword3
Tin Claymore3.5
Tin Great Sword3.5

This can basically also represent the stamina use efficiency. Very minuscule difference between them. Obviously, go for highest dps.

May I suggest opening a github? Then add the servers .ini's files to a repository and pass us a link. That way we can send edit requests and add to it as a community. As a trial maybe only upload the item.ini? This way you instead of typing up most of the .ini you can say hey we need a weapon standard or more trees or something. Then you can just look through and pick and decide what you want or don't want. Also, maybe add the bitmap images so we can submit edits or changes.

Also, a bug that always bothered me was the load order for your player image. Why is the chest image above the head image? The layering would probably work best if it was Head->Arms->Chest->Legs it is currently Chest->Legs->Arms->Head.

Disagree Disagree x 1 View List

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 10:47:30 am »
he is currently using the files from the V2 server he last made and editing them as he goes along.  those files are the defaults when you download the V2 server files...

as far as that representing stam use, how and where are you even getting those numbers?  even if you look at just average damage per second it doesn't mention stam difference.  tin short sword's rating of 30 and tin broad sword's rating of 30 are both about damage dealt not stamina used.  if you look at stam usage then even though they have the same rating(which is average dps over 10 seconds) tin short sword would use twice as much stamina.

Offline BlackBand

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 11:44:02 am »
My bad. I see now the association. They do same damage output in 10 seconds. Broad sword only uses 3 stamina over 10 secs. Short sword uses 6 stamina and does the same damage.

If you change the skill requirements you can make it as if the more skill you get the less stamina weapon you can use while keeping a nearly same DPS.
so instead of having 4 the same skill requirement separate them incrementally. And same with the two-handed.

Also in order of listed weapons top to bottom their stamina use to perform their dps damage.
1.1666~

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 10:57:39 am »
What i did to balance out stamina use is increase burden, 50 per teir for single hand weapons and 100 per teir for the 2 handed ones.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2017, 02:21:21 pm »
I don't think people look at burden too much when it comes to weapons, unless there is a major difference.  since you gave swords as your example lets not forget that strength is 1 of the base attributes of that weapon skill...meaning that attribute will be 1 of the 3 most raised by a swordsman.  since each strength point gives 40 burden, that 1 point of strength negates most of that burden, and I've never heard anyone complain about being ob by 10.

which means no one will use the tin short sword even if it weighs 50 less than the tin broad sword.  however, since they're same tier(tin) wouldn't they actually weigh the same?  then again since you have 2 other weapons besides those in there at the same metal/skill level and you mentioned tiers, I'm a little confused by what you're considering a tier now.  are you saying tin broad sword will have an extra 150 burden more than tin short sword?  even so I think most people will ignore the tin short sword...