Author Topic: Gallows Admin corruption (quitting)  (Read 3291 times)

Offline yeahs

Gallows Admin corruption (quitting)
« on: March 10, 2017, 01:19:27 pm »
I had fun being the first to reach 30 as a fighter, but Im going to quit while im top because the admin Tommy plays favorites because i was leveling faster than his new friends. If you want to play on an unfair server where you the admin gives handouts to certain players be my guest, but its not for me :). heres some audio I found on youtube. Its kinda sad to listen to because Jaster was apart of what made Tommy shut down the server in the first place but now he seems as he just wants to be liked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpA7f3tbrN0&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 01:22:51 pm by yeahs »
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Eat Me

Re: Gallows Admin corruption (quitting)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 02:00:40 pm »
:(

Offline King Dravien

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 03:32:35 pm »
Bookmarked that video for a fun listen.

Glad i didnt even bother to look into the server. I didnt even read the post about its release.  I got a message from Rowah saying "Tommy says you should come play his server"   Cant wait to reply to him with that youtube link.

Tommy will always be remembered as the guy who kept opening servers just to kill RPGWO a little more each time.

RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Tommy

• Global Moderator
  • Attack: 89
    Defense: 88
    Attack Member
  • Peanut butter
    • View Profile
    • A modernized RPGWO+ clone.

• Total Badges: 32
    Badges: (View All)
    Tenth year Anniversary Level 6 Ninth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 06:53:05 pm »
Oh, yey.. More drama.
For the record, not that it matters, I didn't add stealth vision to any monsters that are already in world and it was added to very few other monster categories that are to come. These categories make sense as they are a monster type that make sense to have stealth vision as they've had it in the past (vampires) if I recall correctly. And they are going to be the source of stealth vision pots. These pots, as of current plans have the values of 30, 50 and 75. Which is subject to change.
I talk a lot of wolf, and I'll be the first to admit it.
Also, the only Damon in the world was an auto drop and was found and claimed by Koth.
I did /meteor for wolfs and giggles last night, but no Damon was spawned in doing so.
I also am inclined to mention that on several occasions I asked Marakech (the OP of this thread) to stop abusing bugs and he failed to do so. It was in the /rule already that abusing bugs will get you banned, which the rules have been revised the other night to give a three strike you're out approach.

Namely the bug that he continued abusing after I asked everyone to change change their memorized warp locations IF they were in a quest, was warping into the now, and at the time of the notifications, no warp quest reward spot. When I caught him doing so I told him directly to change his warp, and took it as a sign of faith that he did it. Then later found him doing it still so I made him change it then and there and made him make a warp stone so I could verify and let him off with a warning. I can provide server logs as they are, unmodified, for these occasions if Mickey is willing to look them over when I get home, if needed (only to Mickey as I don't know what is in them in regards of communications between players and the such and I’d rather not potentially put their privacy at risk).

Also when I explained to him that he was exploiting a bug and how it was a bug, he continued being disrespectful and being an overall bad ‘influence’ because he was talking down to me, the admin of the server, blowing me off like my points of view were invalid. This is EXACTLY the same as going up to one’s employer and telling them that everything they are paying to to do is null and void and that they should let you whatever you want to do.

Furthermore, I have reported the video on youtube. You MAY repost it as audio without spewing my gorgeous mug in the video. My face need not be on there at all. You may also repost it if you would like if you go through and blur any identifying things of me such as my face and my name badge for Walmart. BTW the clearance balloon on my head was named Clarence, he popped so I made a hat out of him!

Aside from that my lunch is over and I didn't get to eat my food because I spent the entirety of my lunch writing this.
Best of luck, and thanks for the feedback!

Offline Roarion

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 07:14:11 pm »
Also when I explained to him that he was exploiting a bug and how it was a bug, he continued being disrespectful and being an overall bad ‘influence’ because he was talking down to me, the admin of the server, blowing me off like my points of view were invalid. This is EXACTLY the same as going up to one’s employer and telling them that everything they are paying to to do is null and void and that they should let you whatever you want to do.

Maybe I don't understand your post fully but it sounds like you messed up and allowed players to memorize on quest land? If that's the case that's your fault and not a bug. You screwed up and should log into every account and re-memorize the warps. Players are players and you cannot blame them for taking advantage of your mistakes. Fix what you messed up.

This is not a job - it's an online video game. If you can't take a little smack talk from players or deal with them when they are upset step down now.

I did /meteor for wolfs and giggles last night, but no Damon was spawned in doing so.

Why? So you can admin troll players and upset them?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 07:16:03 pm by Roarion »
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Nexus V2 - lvl 61 Stealth
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin
Retired - Unless V6 pulls a miracle

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 12:22:52 am »
I normally stay quiet among the complaining that goes on in the forum, I mean I will answer questions but I don't normally criticize people.

But in this case, it is pretty tigering sad that you guys want to create drama over the only server for this game. People have been asking for a server for months now and someone comes out with one and people just tigering complain.

People are acting like he tigering gave deity boosts and spawned full damon for the guy, when in reality basically nothing productive was done. Was it wrong, technically yes, but is it worth all this, I think not.

I mean people are saying oh we shouldn't let RPGWO die, lets make  a new server, I would love to play.

But then some life is breathed back into it and people just try to start wolf, it is really disappointing.

Offline Tommy

• Global Moderator
  • Attack: 89
    Defense: 88
    Attack Member
  • Peanut butter
    • View Profile
    • A modernized RPGWO+ clone.

• Total Badges: 32
    Tenth year Anniversary Level 6 Ninth year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 07:00:04 am »
I

Maybe I don't understand your post fully but it sounds like you messed up and allowed players to memorize on quest land? If that's the case that's your fault and not a bug. You screwed up and should log into every account and re-memorize the warps. Players are players and you cannot blame them for taking advantage of your mistakes. Fix what you messed up.
I have taken note because you're right, I should have handled it differently. I will do better next time!

This is not a job - it's an online video game. If you can't take a little smack talk from players or deal with them when they are upset step down now.

You're right, thanks for taking my statement out of context, like everyone else is doing. Let me clarify:
I am volunteering my time and money and putting the server up to try to make the game as civil as possible, apparently though it's okay to yell and spit at the one that feeds them, right?
Yeah they're players and I've been super lenient because the community count is so small! I should just let them all do they want, right? So that the project and time myself and my other admin put so much time into can be just wasted 100%.

Why? So you can admin troll players and upset them?
I mean, I could just go around killing them. I mean that used to be okay, apparently, right?

------

Also, it seems that I have missed some key points to the original post.

I did not spawn anything for any single person (EXCEPT a few resin collectors as I failed to fixed them in two updates cus' I made mistakes in the code twice.). If I ever gave any single person an item they either paid for it with something of equal value, (ie.  When I had to change the quest reward temporarily in the quest (because I didn't handle the situation correctly by logging into EVERYONE's accounts and changing their memorized warp locations!) into an item that does nothing and is unobtainable anywhere except that exact point, making it a .. token of sorts for the actual request that you have to give to an admin to claim.) If I did give anyone an item, such as food, etc or in this case a glass, which has the wrong image I did '/giveall glass' and there were quite a few people online.
and the item was generally useless!

I haven't given aid to any players with the spawning of monsters either! What on God's green earth would I have to gain from favoring one or two players? I did change a few  duplicate monstercatagories in the overworld, for example the rat sector replaced a mongrim sector which we had FOUR of.
I mean can just be an admin that just does everything in the shadows, like you yeah? Except I can't, I'm not that kind of person. I am not getting paid to do this, as you said earlier it's not a job. I'm doing this because I want to. I want to be able to at least enjoy the server without people that aren't even playing the server going around bitching and moaning about how bad it is and how I am ruining the game based on a few audio clips and such that are taken completely out of context and skewed almost as well as a shady reporter. I am not saying I am perfect, however, but the amount of wolf that spewed and the number of assumptions that are made on a daily based on these 'shady' and biased claims has gotten WAY out of hand.

Thanks for all the appeals by the way, Roarion! Some of them are very informational and genuine concerns and you have been heard! I made changes to content you appealed about in a few of them and set them aside for the next update which is aimed for release for today! And then I went to bed, because I made silly decisions the last few nights in pushing myself to stay up WAY too late and get WAY too many hours of sleep to work on and interact with the community of this server. Sorry again for trying to keep the community alive and trying to come up with new things and ideas and such for the game!

Overall though, there have been many people that have told me I have done a good job and that I should keep up the good work!

For everyone that IS enjoying the server, Thank you and please continue to have fun!

Offline Jaster_reylu

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 01:06:25 pm »
I had fun being the first to reach 30 as a fighter, but Im going to quit while im top because the admin Tommy plays favorites because i was leveling faster than his new friends. If you want to play on an unfair server where you the admin gives handouts to certain players be my guest, but its not for me :). heres some audio I found on youtube. Its kinda sad to listen to because Jaster was apart of what made Tommy shut down the server in the first place but now he seems as he just wants to be liked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpA7f3tbrN0&feature=youtu.be

#1 u werent / arent lvl 30
#2 u werent / arent top level
#3 nothing was handed out
#4 u didnt find that audio, u recorded it on discord as Guest.

dudaz still terrible.

=(
Like Like x 1 Love Love x 1 View List

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2017, 02:32:43 pm »
tommy is kind of dumb tho like why are you tigering around with my land you idiot, bad server
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Jerz92

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2017, 11:13:05 am »
I was gonna make an account and come play but this kind of... situation is exactly what I don't miss abuot the game and it's just happened too many times before so I'm not sure I'll bother