Author Topic: Gallows down  (Read 6519 times)

Offline Eat Me

Re: Gallows down
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2017, 02:01:24 pm »
Any tips on logging in today?  I get a slew of errors when I try.

Offline Powerfox

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2017, 02:47:13 pm »
Tommy has emotional problems man. This hurts the community so much, we had 30+ for the first time IN YEARS. now when a new server rolls out, people will be nervous to grind because it might literally not be there the next day. Eh. I say no more servers unless the person putting up the server is willing to make sure a second person has the files.

Yeah its really dumb and immature to do stuff like this.  Practically every server ends up with admin drama/corruption because the only people who are willing to host servers are obviously not fit to be in control of a server/community.

I have the technical experience and years of experience hosting very popular servers for other games/managing their communities.  Main issue is as I have said in some other threads is that all my years of RPGWO was with V1 so I really don't know the ins and outs of V2 let alone any of the custom sets of V2 files available.

I'd be happy to team up with someone who is very knowledgeable about V2 and able to provide new balanced content (As well as helping me out balancing my own ideas in line with V2).  I don't have any friends in this community nor do I particularly care if people wanted to suck up to me, I'd sooner call people out publicly and/or punish them for seriously trying to get free stuff.

It'd have to be someone who is serious with a proven track record and not a drama queen though. Even if just for the initial setup to get something ready that has a good all around balance.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 02:51:49 pm by Powerfox »

Offline Eat Me

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2017, 06:04:02 pm »
God damnit, I just wanna play some RPGWO.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2017, 06:24:20 pm »
rpgwo.com was up then down again. ISP is again looking into it.

They posted the connect.ini file so you can get into Gallows.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Eat Me

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2017, 06:26:38 pm »

Yes, those worked fine yesterday, today I get a slew of errors when I accept the user agreement.

Offline Eat Me

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2017, 07:09:38 pm »

Yes, those worked fine yesterday, today I get a slew of errors when I accept the user agreement.

The errors I'm getting are:

Unknown line in connect.txt...
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML
4.01//EN""http://www.w3.org/TR/html3/strict.dtd">

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Service Unavailable</TITLE>

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" Content="text/html;
charset=us-ascii"></HEAD>

<BODY><h2>Service Unavailable</h2>

<hr><p>HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.</p>

Unkown line in connect.txt...
</BODY></HTML>

Offline MattDog

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2017, 07:15:54 pm »
i just redownloaded this after not plaing for years and i wanna play any servers out there and main site is down rpgwo.com

Offline MattDog

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2017, 07:16:41 pm »

The errors I'm getting are:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML
4.01//EN""http://www.w3.org/TR/html3/strict.dtd">

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Service Unavailable</TITLE>

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" Content="text/html;
charset=us-ascii"></HEAD>

<BODY><h2>Service Unavailable</h2>

<hr><p>HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.</p>

Unkown line in connect.txt...
</BODY></HTML>

also getting these errors too

Offline Eat Me

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2017, 10:51:25 pm »
I suppose we're the only ones having this problem.  Darn.

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2017, 12:36:16 am »
Hey guys, when RPGWO.com comes back up you shouldn't have any trouble downloading the game. If the connection server isn't working properly by then you will have to edit your connect.ini with the proper information then make it read only to connect to the server.

Offline Eat Me

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2017, 01:00:36 am »
Hey guys, when RPGWO.com comes back up you shouldn't have any trouble downloading the game. If the connection server isn't working properly by then you will have to edit your connect.ini with the proper information then make it read only to connect to the server.

This still doesn't work for me.  Dunno, m8, that's what I did and it allowed me to play yesterday.  Today I made no changes to it and all I've gotten is errors. I've even gone back to make sure time and time again that I've got the info correct and I am still unable to connect.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 01:04:51 am by Postulio »

Offline Eat Me

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2017, 01:15:37 am »

This still doesn't work for me.  Dunno, m8, that's what I did and it allowed me to play yesterday.  Today I made no changes to it and all I've gotten is errors. I've even gone back to make sure time and time again that I've got the info correct and I am still unable to connect.

NVM, I'm a fool, a damned fool.

Offline yeahs

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2017, 04:52:19 am »
Tommy has emotional problems man. This hurts the community so much, we had 30+ for the first time IN YEARS. now when a new server rolls out, people will be nervous to grind because it might literally not be there the next day. Eh. I say no more servers unless the person putting up the server is willing to make sure a second person has the files.

Yeah its really dumb and immature to do stuff like this.  Practically every server ends up with admin drama/corruption because the only people who are willing to host servers are obviously not fit to be in control of a server/community.

I have the technical experience and years of experience hosting very popular servers for other games/managing their communities.  Main issue is as I have said in some other threads is that all my years of RPGWO was with V1 so I really don't know the ins and outs of V2 let alone any of the custom sets of V2 files available.

I'd be happy to team up with someone who is very knowledgeable about V2 and able to provide new balanced content (As well as helping me out balancing my own ideas in line with V2).  I don't have any friends in this community nor do I particularly care if people wanted to suck up to me, I'd sooner call people out publicly and/or punish them for seriously trying to get free stuff.

It'd have to be someone who is serious with a proven track record and not a drama queen though. Even if just for the initial setup to get something ready that has a good all around balance.

id be very interested in playing your server when it comes out, sooner the better

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2017, 07:08:48 am »
Just don't play this server. Sector spawns are absolutely terrible, quests are limited and get boring fast, Tommy will take consideration/suggestion from certain players more seriously than others and will implement their ideas in an attempt to be a "liked" admin but what he's really doing is making stupid additions for the morons that want to stand in front of mobs all day grinding their defense. The one thing I find the most fun about this game now, the building/land ownership aspect of it, was ruined since Tommy wiped out my underground animal farm.

0/10 would not recommend.
(Insert witty signature here)
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline King Dravien

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2017, 11:11:53 am »
Sometimes its hard to tell if Kaios is trolling or not. from what i see if Tommy cant copy/paste it from somebody elses files then it wont exist. If only Roarion would open a server and stop the madness!

RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2017, 12:35:54 pm »
I gave up on my ISP to fix rpgwo.com so I redirected the URL to another place and it seems to be working now. Browser cache may need clearing but mine eventually started working without doing it. This fix includes rpgwo.com website and the updater.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!
Love Love x 1 View List

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2017, 08:21:15 am »
Sometimes its hard to tell if Kaios is trolling or not. from what i see if Tommy cant copy/paste it from somebody elses files then it wont exist. If only Roarion would open a server and stop the madness!

I'm not trolling, the grinding aspect of this game is so boring to me now but I do still enjoy building a nice looking house and playing around with some of the other mechanics. I was trying to get an animal farm going and animals giving birth is one of the mechanics this game has to offer but apparently that's not allowed on Tommy's server.

Some players claimed it was lagging over the weekend and that's why he wiped out my animals (about 4 plots worth I believe) but I've played other servers before where animal birthing has worked just fine and had little to no effect on the server itself. Tommy is an idiot, it took me a week to get those animals and I just wanted to enjoy the game for a bit but he tigered around with my land for no reason and ultimately gave me enough cause to go play something else instead.

Also I'm not convinced my animals even had anything to do with the lag since I was never given a chance to log on and kill them for the meat, I bet it's still lagging on occasion from something else though.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 08:22:55 am by Kaios »
(Insert witty signature here)
Like Like x 1 View List