Author Topic: Mickey??  (Read 14343 times)

Offline langrian

Re: Mickey??
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2016, 07:13:33 pm »
I just wanna play!

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2016, 04:57:13 pm »
I believe that a new server will be made sometime soon

Offline mechanical keyboard enthusiast

• Attack: 3682
    Defense: 2735
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
    Badges: (View All)
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2016, 06:01:35 pm »
Sacrifice is running it ?

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2016, 06:52:52 pm »
No mickey is currently working on making a working v2. PvP and Stealing.

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2016, 06:57:30 pm »
Yeah I was talking about Mickey.

Offline langrian

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2016, 07:12:21 pm »
Heck yeah! Any idea of a time frame?

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2016, 07:17:38 pm »
Is pvp/stealing opt in or opt out? Are you still forced pvp if you only have trade skills?

IIRC people can still jump through walls or something to steal items...

Offline langrian

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2016, 09:18:49 pm »
Not sure which version it was but they fixed that magic barrier wall jump

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2016, 11:20:05 pm »
Not sure which version it was but they fixed that magic barrier wall jump
the last V2 Mickey ran was 2.(whatever the current version is), and people could still wall jump using warp stones.  I'd love to see a V2 server, I'd even be fine with a forced pk server(even though I'm always a crafter), but as long as that bug is there(and as far as I know it is) stealing is a bad idea.
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline langrian

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2016, 03:47:38 am »
Im ok with pk and stealing.  ;D

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2016, 05:15:57 am »
I'm not ok with stealing if all ways ot going through walls aren't fixed, it just makes things unfun because multiple people will immediately proceed to do so.

I'd prefer non PK though (opt in), it seems like all of the largest worlds have been nonPK and the PK ones were just a small niche..

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2016, 09:14:01 am »
I'm not ok with stealing if all ways ot going through walls aren't fixed, it just makes things unfun because multiple people will immediately proceed to do so.

I'd prefer non PK though (opt in), it seems like all of the largest worlds have been nonPK and the PK ones were just a small niche..

Not that I really care all that much because I don't plan to play any server but the PK worlds have always been 10x more fun than non-PK worlds and used to have a larger player base to go along with them. V2 servers do actually have some fixes implemented to help prevent bumping in to houses and if you have rules and an admin to help enforce against it, it never really becomes a problem.

Unfortunately however the past year or two the type of servers getting put out have been dictated by casuals and non-pk loving care bears and it sucks and it's a part of the reason I don't really want to play this game any more. Back when I cared it had already been a long time since I had played a PK server because of the exact same response from people like you Raikaria, you can't handle a bit of difficulty and obviously you don't care about anyone else that still enjoys this game and wants to play such a world.

You suck.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 09:18:52 am by Kaios »
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2016, 09:36:13 am »

Not that I really care all that much because I don't plan to play any server but the PK worlds have always been 10x more fun than non-PK worlds and used to have a larger player base to go along with them. V2 servers do actually have some fixes implemented to help prevent bumping in to houses and if you have rules and an admin to help enforce against it, it never really becomes a problem.

Unfortunately however the past year or two the type of servers getting put out have been dictated by casuals and non-pk loving care bears and it sucks and it's a part of the reason I don't really want to play this game any more. Back when I cared it had already been a long time since I had played a PK server because of the exact same response from people like you Raikaria, you can't handle a bit of difficulty and obviously you don't care about anyone else that still enjoys this game and wants to play such a world.

You suck.
   And on that note its also thes same players who play for a week then quit anywho pk or non pk, stealing or non stealing. The fact is most people who play pk are respectable about it and chance are you wont have much to steal in the first place. You can prevent stealing in rpgwo a few ways. Non are 100%  but most players wont put the effort in unless prevoked.

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2016, 03:25:15 pm »

You suck.

I wasn't around for the older worlds but everyone constantly yells about the old server backup (steeltide?) and how good it was, and it was non PK and non stealing. The PK worlds I've seen spring up here and there on v2 always seemed to die off fairly quickly and posts like this?

You've been around much longer,are you bored enough to explain what's wrong with casuals? I mean if the game is going to grow, casual is a big market..

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2016, 04:32:58 pm »
You can prevent stealing in rpgwo a few ways. Non are 100%  but most players wont put the effort in unless prevoked.
I'll state again: there is a bug with the create warpstone spell that easilly allows you to bump into someone's house in V2 since you always get a cave(even on top of walls or other items) meaning it is impossible to protect your house from a thief in V2.  in V1 there were lots of ways to protect your house*, they don't work in V2.  so unless you know some new trick to stop the warpstone bug then there is no way to keep people out, and if you do know a trick to stop it please share and I'll be fine with a stealing server.

*leaving an empty space outside your wall->now it means less spaces they have to bump
*rows of empty pits between 2 walls->cave exit/entrance will stack on top of pits
*triple wall->cave exit/entrance stacks on top of walls(/up or /down command twice puts you inside)
these 3 were the best ways I knew in V1
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Online Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2016, 05:17:55 pm »
So, I will get rid of "Create Warpstone" spell :)
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Garion

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2016, 05:46:48 pm »
Can you work on the new PK server and still leave other servers up?  I bought an s-ton of booze for a good-ole fashioned friday rpgwo game night!

Online Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2016, 06:06:45 pm »
It's open.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2016, 08:42:08 pm »
My account bugged and it wont let me logg back in :(

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2016, 08:49:54 pm »
It says account exists if you try to remake it but it alos says bad username right?