Author Topic: World Map December 2015  (Read 2688 times)

Offline Mickey Kudlo

World Map December 2015
« on: February 02, 2016, 01:34:34 pm »
Here is the current world map for you to check out.
Light blue squares are starting locations.
Light red squares are tribe locations.

It doesn't look very pretty from this scale but when walking around it has seemed a pretty good layout and feel.
Comments?
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline King Dravien

Re: World Map December 2015
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 02:32:18 pm »
16 years in the making. #MasteredMSPaint
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 02:49:31 pm »
Lookin good, when is the wipe

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 05:59:36 am »
in case you're posting this for ideas about next map: I'm still against oceans!  I'm ok with rivers and lakes, but from what you've said about wanting it to be a newly discovered continent I'd say oceans are bad for the scenario(and for gameplay).
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 01:35:09 pm »
in case you're posting this for ideas about next map: I'm still against oceans!  I'm ok with rivers and lakes, but from what you've said about wanting it to be a newly discovered continent I'd say oceans are bad for the scenario(and for gameplay).

It is about 60/40 land to water ratio. We can try 80/20 but I don't wanna get rid of it completely. I for sure want it on the map edges then a little bit inside. Keep in mind that I also want underwater to be explorable when "water breath" potions/spells show up. Having plants, fish, resources, ruins, etc. that are only found in deep waters.

Also, I guess I don't understand why the oceans are bad. Can you explain, maybe give a play thru?

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 02:49:18 pm »
bad for scenario because oceans surround continents, don't make up parts of them.  meaning you're making an entire world not a new continent...but you could do a full world and just change the scenario.

bad for gameplay because it leaves less usable/claimable land.  not bad just for players, but also for quests and monster spawns(we've all seen smaller servers get almost fully claimed before with no space for a new player to get started).

edges should be fine as ocean, and lakes/rivers could give plenty of water(20% might look better, but might be too low).

if you're adding underwater stuff larger lakes should be fine for that, unless there is some specific reason you want it as ocean.  I'd have to know more of your underwater plan before I can really comment on it(but it sounds like a sneaky way to drown nosey people).
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 11:01:22 am »
OK, I get it. It just depends on the type of area to make. Is it like Australia (a big land mass) or Hawaii (a bunch of sizable islands). It can go either way really and I can see try anything and everything since we using a short wipe schedule, we can experiment and explore.

Here is an example of a 80/20 world that I think meets what you want but it is 1000 in size for testing.

Offline Roarion

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 10:27:15 pm »
bad for scenario because oceans surround continents, don't make up parts of them.  meaning you're making an entire world not a new continent...but you could do a full world and just change the scenario.

bad for gameplay because it leaves less usable/claimable land.  not bad just for players, but also for quests and monster spawns(we've all seen smaller servers get almost fully claimed before with no space for a new player to get started).

edges should be fine as ocean, and lakes/rivers could give plenty of water(20% might look better, but might be too low).

if you're adding underwater stuff larger lakes should be fine for that, unless there is some specific reason you want it as ocean.  I'd have to know more of your underwater plan before I can really comment on it(but it sounds like a sneaky way to drown nosey people).

The reason water sucks is that you can't build walls on docks and the monsters are usually worthless or much more dangerous with little reward compared to other land mobs. If you keep bigger lakes away from the noobier areas I think you would be fine.
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Nexus V2 - lvl 61 Stealth
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin
Retired - Unless V6 pulls a miracle

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 07:33:59 pm »
make a larger water area with claimable with better terraforming so that you can fill in watery areas with dirt.

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2016, 07:34:36 pm »
how hard would it be to make an erosion system where water spreads and land moves and stuff.