Author Topic: STEELTIDE NEEDS AN ADMIN/ ADMIN ASSISTANCE ASAP  (Read 4143 times)

Offline Koth

STEELTIDE NEEDS AN ADMIN/ ADMIN ASSISTANCE ASAP
« on: October 15, 2015, 04:25:26 pm »
Steeltide is in DESPERATE need of an admin. There are a lot of issues that need addressed and Newer players that are having issues and need help. Can you PLEASE get on from time to time or at least make someone an admin or even give Eddie admin back? PLEASE. Its starting to push players away. This is a great server and I dont want to see it go down the gutter. If you do not have enough time to address issues and take care of the server can you please appoint someone that has the time? Thank you..

Offline Roarion

Re: STEELTIDE NEEDS AN ADMIN/ ADMIN ASSISTANCE ASAP
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 09:23:17 pm »
I just put it up for short term, nostalgic reasons. Maybe I can wipe the mines, not sure what V1 has coded for that.

He did say from the start he had no plans on fixing the server, so what did you expect? The guy was upfront with you that it's more or less a temporary server until someone else puts something half decent up or he makes more progress on v6 and people start playing that.
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Nexus V2 - lvl 61 Stealth
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin
Retired - Unless V6 pulls a miracle

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 10:40:54 pm »
I just put it up for short term, nostalgic reasons. Maybe I can wipe the mines, not sure what V1 has coded for that.

He did say from the start he had no plans on fixing the server, so what did you expect? The guy was upfront with you that it's more or less a temporary server until someone else puts something half decent up or he makes more progress on v6 and people start playing that.
  This post is counter productive to the 20 pluse active players who play threw out the day, thanks though for your input.

Offline Roarion

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 08:23:59 am »

This post is counter productive to the 20 pluse active players who play threw out the day, thanks though for your input.

Not really. I understand you are looking for an admin, but I was more or less commenting on the last line he put.  I think you guys are out of your minds asking Mickey to bother to fix the world when he just put it up so you guys would have something to play as a temp server for a bit.

Why don't you ask for admin and fix it Gimpy/Koth? It's not like ini coding is anything near actually knowing how to code. You could easily pick it up / apply random fixes in a few days even if you knew nothing. I can't really see anyone that has decent admining experience coming in and taking the time to fix that run down, old, buggy server versus just putting up a new one. Plus you could fix most of the stuff w/o ever being admin on the server so you can continue playing (def training) your character while you iron out the bugs.

Out of the 200 some appeals 90% of them are, "I wish RPGWO has this impossible feature", "I am a noob post and need help", "The game has a typo", etc. Which are insta delete / 2 second fix.

If you need help fixing it or get stuck you can contact me on Skype and i'll help you along the way.

If you do not have enough time to address issues and take care of the server can you please appoint someone that has the time?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 08:27:30 am by Roarion »
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 09:54:30 am »
haha asking Mickey to do things, nice joke. Eddie had admin on there didn't he? If the server needed an admin so badly why isn't he any more?

And to make changes without server access requires Mickey's intervention at some point either way.
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Roarion

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 11:21:35 am »
haha asking Mickey to do things, nice joke. Eddie had admin on there didn't he? If the server needed an admin so badly why isn't he any more?

And to make changes without server access requires Mickey's intervention at some point either way.

Eddie can't even finish the Nexus server he got that was basically already done besides weapon balance, mob life, and toss in a few quests. The dude just takes other peoples servers, applies a few of his own balance changes, and hosts them (Modern, Rebirth, Nexus, etc). Expecting Eddie to fix Steeltide might be more comical then Mickey fixing it when he has that Nexus world v2 rehash 95% done.
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 12:02:53 pm »
Eddie can't even finish the Nexus server he got that was basically already done besides weapon balance, mob life, and toss in a few quests. The dude just takes other peoples servers, applies a few of his own balance changes, and hosts them (Modern, Rebirth, Nexus, etc). Expecting Eddie to fix Steeltide might be more comical then Mickey fixing it when he has that Nexus world v2 rehash 95% done.

So you expect Eddie to make changes or fix all these stupid little errors but not Mickey lol ya makes sense.

What you are saying is stupid, he had everything done except for weapon balance, mob life, and toss in a few quests, the bread and butter implementations of any server. Yeah that stuff is very minor! We've had this conversation before and you know exactly why things turned out the way they did so stop talking wolf.

You are mad because he caught you cheating and you cried to Mickey that he was looking at your account, or some other idiot cried to Mickey that he was "possessing" their mule and making it talk as if that is some sort of admin abuse.

Mickey explicitly told him that he removed him because he didn't think the server needed an admin, and here we are several posts and threads later with players begging for an admin.

Don't be dumb Roarion, I agree with you on a lot but in this case you're being a tool.

Offline Roarion

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2015, 01:48:40 pm »

So you expect Eddie to make changes or fix all these stupid little errors but not Mickey lol ya makes sense.

What you are saying is stupid, he had everything done except for weapon balance, mob life, and toss in a few quests, the bread and butter implementations of any server. Yeah that stuff is very minor! We've had this conversation before and you know exactly why things turned out the way they did so stop talking wolf.

You are mad because he caught you cheating and you cried to Mickey that he was looking at your account, or some other idiot cried to Mickey that he was "possessing" their mule and making it talk as if that is some sort of admin abuse.

Mickey explicitly told him that he removed him because he didn't think the server needed an admin, and here we are several posts and threads later with players begging for an admin.

Don't be dumb Roarion, I agree with you on a lot but in this case you're being a tool.

1) Mob life does not take a long time. I would expect 1-2 hrs to go through them all at a decent rate if you know what you're doing. You literally just have to base it off the mob level, cap it at 500-700 based of end game damage.

2) All the weapons were pretty much in so once again it's just swapping a few numbers and shouldn't take that long. He even had a weapon room which someone already made for him making it even easier.

3) Quests could take a much longer time, depends if you converted from an older server or made them all yourself. This is the one he couldn't finish btw because he had to invest a decent amount of time doing it.

4) I don't care that he caught me "cheating" aka afking on a world with basically no rules until I got alch at lvl 9 and quit. Lol.

5) I didn't say "Eddie should make changes or fix all these stupid little errors". I meant the exact opposite of that saying that he could finish Nexus instead of wasting time on that server.

6) I expect Gimpy/Koth someone who cares about that world to step up and fix it.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 01:54:04 pm by Roarion »
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin

Offline Koth

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2015, 02:14:22 pm »
If given the opportunity I would step up and do my best to "fix" steeltide cause i do care about it and it does have a decent player base. But thats the thing, enough people play this server and dedicate enough time to it that someone should at least give it some tlc from time to time... I care enough about the game to have stayed in the community since 2002 and id hate to see it go under (again) because no one wants to spend a little time taking care of the server.. There are just a few issues that would take no time at all to address and fix and idk why that cant be done with 20 active players?

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2015, 03:24:25 pm »
words

you aren't denying you complained to Mickey though

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2015, 04:22:53 pm »
If given the opportunity I would step up and do my best to "fix" steeltide cause i do care about it and it does have a decent player base. But thats the thing, enough people play this server and dedicate enough time to it that someone should at least give it some tlc from time to time... I care enough about the game to have stayed in the community since 2002 and id hate to see it go under (again) because no one wants to spend a little time taking care of the server.. There are just a few issues that would take no time at all to address and fix and idk why that cant be done with 20 active players?

Sorry Koth, I don't think anyone will get the chance to fix the stuff.

Offline King Dravien

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2015, 05:24:25 pm »
Mickey ill give you $10 for admin. Nobody else is offering you the cash you desire!
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline Roarion

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2015, 09:45:30 pm »
words

you aren't denying you complained to Mickey though

Anything you've said so far idc about. I'm sure Eddie knows why I blocked him. "And that's all I have to say about that." - Forest Gump.
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2015, 04:39:49 pm »
Mickey ill give you $10 for admin. Nobody else is offering you the cash you desire!

You can have it for free, fuk face.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Quarth

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2015, 04:53:51 pm »
Oh Mickey please dont..

Offline King Dravien

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2015, 05:14:53 pm »

You can have it for free, fuk face.

Ok then give it to me for free, fuk face.
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2015, 08:39:34 am »
why Drav of all people?  you just know hes going to ban a few people as soon as you give it to him!
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline King Dravien

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2015, 08:48:21 am »
why Drav of all people?  you just know hes going to ban a few people as soon as you give it to him!

I promise not to ban a single person.
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus