Author Topic: Common  (Read 5221 times)

Offline Saint

Common
« on: September 11, 2015, 09:02:26 am »
Any word on if anyone is close to putting a normal server up? It's been a good chunk of time with even hexxed down and I'm really starting to miss rpgwo :(

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
Re: Common
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 10:01:11 am »
If you played any mysti or tommy world despite the countless conversations on this forum and facebook where myself and others attempt to warn people of the impending outcome, I don't feel bad for you that there is no world to play.

Players had the chance to wait for something good and they didn't, now nobody gives a wolf and neither do I.

Later.
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Saint

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 10:58:29 am »
You know, most players who like a game just want to play that game. I like rpgwo, therefore when there is a server up I play rpgwo because I actually enjoy the game. When you just sit there and bitch about mysti and tommy at least they put or kept a server up. I would be more than happy to play a 'good' server but after watching people bitch on this forum for over a year now I have yet to see one of these 'good' servers put up. I just want to play the game I love man, why does it always have to devolve into these stupid old feuds? If you can put out a server that's so much better than they did then just do it. If you actually care about this game and like playing this game then you should know that every time you chime in on a forum post just to bitch about some old grudge then you're just putting more dirt on top of rpgwos coffin.

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 11:05:37 am »
You know, most players who like a game just want to play that game. I like rpgwo, therefore when there is a server up I play rpgwo because I actually enjoy the game. When you just sit there and bitch about mysti and tommy at least they put or kept a server up. I would be more than happy to play a 'good' server but after watching people bitch on this forum for over a year now I have yet to see one of these 'good' servers put up. I just want to play the game I love man, why does it always have to devolve into these stupid old feuds? If you can put out a server that's so much better than they did then just do it. If you actually care about this game and like playing this game then you should know that every time you chime in on a forum post just to bitch about some old grudge then you're just putting more dirt on top of rpgwos coffin.

Sorry but I am not going to get in to an argument over this, I have explained my position in the past and the reasoning behind the way I feel.

You say to me that you just want to play the game you love, well so do I and unfortunately I find it hard to do that when the only worlds out are ran by inexperienced or just plain stupid individuals that fail at making anything original or creative and run their server without any respect towards the people who actually put in the effort to create the files that they are using. Maybe you feel I am being quite harsh but the truth usually is.

All I have done for the past year is try and convince Mickey and other players that they have been betting on the wrong horse so to speak but not even Mickey will listen to reason. I did care about this game for a very long time, not sure any more if I do. The guy certainly won't be seeing any money from me for whatever garbage he pumps out with the new version. I'm tired of this game and the wolfty people within it.

Offline Saint

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 11:44:29 am »
so why don't you put up an original and creative server Kaios? I understand what you are saying that's wrong but I also want to know your solution.

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 12:36:41 pm »
Nah, it just isn't worth it.

This community has no tigering idea what it wants. Roarion put so much time, effort and I believe some money as well in to making his Future server and despite the fact it held an array of new and creatively implemented content, nobody played because "omg sounds like a modern i don't like dem gun servers!!"

And then because Mickey lets every joe schmoe add their server to the list there is always the chance someone like tommy/mysti or the devils themselves can come along (as they have always done in the past) and put a server up at the exact same time completely ruining the chance of either server retaining any decent sized player base.

It's pointless and tiresome and this community is just too small and picky to make it worthwhile any more.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 12:38:47 pm by Kaios »

Offline Roarion

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 12:44:54 pm »
so why don't you put up an original and creative server Kaios? I understand what you are saying that's wrong but I also want to know your solution.

The solution is get more players to play the game. It's not worth making any sort of server right now to have 5-10 people play it for a week when it can takes months to make a new server. Half of those people will probably quit if they don't like something new added.

I could easily just convert Future content -> Hex server content and put up a server with like 15 very large quests (100x100+) and 20 smaller ones. It would probably take a week to do that, and I wouldn't see more then 15 people online and waste money on a dedicated server.

You can't get 40+ players online like 4-5 yrs ago. Low player population is just a grind fest where you need to make a trader first or hope you know someone online who will gear you up.

Heck Future is entirely from scratch and only 75% of its content was played by 1 person. 3-4 players got to around 50% I would say. New creative servers don't work because most are just playing for nostalgia sake.

Edit:
Kaios posted when I was typing this out, I agree with his opinion also.
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Nexus V2 - lvl 61 Stealth
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin
Retired - Unless V6 pulls a miracle

Offline Saint

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2015, 01:04:15 pm »
I know man but it just sucks for the 15 people still hanging around that there currently isn't a server to play on.

Offline Lord Balmung

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2015, 01:29:45 pm »
*cough*

Offline Azreal

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2015, 02:25:17 pm »
could help test v6, its getting a wipe at the start of oct with micky adding some new fetures, its helped my rpgwo fix in the absence of a server :P

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2015, 03:22:21 pm »
If Kaios gives up on RPGWO it will be pure CHAOS.

Edit: Not really.

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2015, 03:45:51 pm »
If Kaios gives up on RPGWO it will be pure CHAOS.

Edit: Not really.

You jest but it's a rather serious issue to just blow off dedicated players like that. I can guarantee that without any veterans around to help Mickey out with the costs of creating his new version, there won't ever be a new version to play. This is a niche game that not everyone can get in to and without any players who already have a history with the developer it won't be easy to make money.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2015, 05:41:08 pm »
Kaios is partially right about V6 needing veterans to be successful. For an RPGWO feel, I need the veterans to help steer me but I got a lot done on V5, a whole year of work, with very little feedback from veterans and the V5 content was compatible with V6 and carried over very well saving about... 6 months of work.

I have no idea what will happen with V6 as far as population once I officially advertise it. I know that my retro style of game is more accepted now a days than 15 years ago when 3D was the only way to go. But I am having fun making it and am enjoying the veteran involvement, like the good ol' days :)

Oh and FLAME WAR! FLAME WAR! FLAME WAR!

Oh and I ran into the Steeltide V1(i think) files, full data copy, probably towards the end of its life since the map looks very built up. Want that turned on?
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline yeahs

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2015, 06:10:17 pm »
A big problem RPGWO has are the server owners taking their servers down when people dont immediately start playing, not the playerbases fault. especially with smaller pool of players to draw from these days. I agree with Saint, people who want to play will eventually hop on and play the game if the server atleast has some quests and a starting area.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 06:13:57 pm by yeahs »

Offline yeahs

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2015, 06:13:21 pm »
Id like to see steeltide turned back on until you get RPGWO6 up to speed, anyway you could wipe the player houses though? The quests, nostalgia, and world design alone would make me play it

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2015, 01:18:34 am »
are you going to run the steeltide files in V2?  what do you have against flame wars?  why is this thread titled common?

yes open a server!
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Saint

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2015, 10:42:26 am »
Yes please mickey, it'd be great if you put a server up for us to play.

Sorry about not testing V6 though, something about the movement makes me nauseous. !!I DON"T MEAN THAT IN A FLAMING WAY!!. Like I think it's something in my brain or eyes, I get motion sick when I play V6 XD not your fault

Offline mechanical keyboard enthusiast

• Attack: 3682
    Defense: 2735
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2015, 12:33:15 am »
Yes please mickey, it'd be great if you put a server up for us to play.

Sorry about not testing V6 though, something about the movement makes me nauseous. !!I DON"T MEAN THAT IN A FLAMING WAY!!. Like I think it's something in my brain or eyes, I get motion sick when I play V6 XD not your fault
Did you disable movement animations in options?

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2015, 02:47:01 pm »
Yeah, V6 has an option to turn smooth movement off. Look in the OTIONS tab.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2015, 03:15:39 pm »
so were you just teasing us about the ST files?  I'm willing to play it even in V1.  right now the only open server has items that sell to npcs for 75 gold spawning right beside the start point and about 30 npcs to buy them...not to mention molds, multiple chars per account, too many free skills, and the only rule being to exploit as much as you'd like.
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?