Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
tribes
« on: November 10, 2015, 12:32:44 pm »
- tribe possible addition, if they find claimed land, they attack and destroy everything on it or if they run into walls then break them down
I'll start off by saying I like the idea of tribes. 

however, why should npcs/monsters be able to grief a player's land if another player can't?  I think if you're going to add an ability to allow tribal warriors(is that a good thing to call them?) to grief owned land then any player should be able to do the same.  now I know you're going to say thats a bad idea because 1 or 2 people will destroy everyone, which of course they will, but thats sort of my point.  there needs to be a way to keep monsters/players/tribal warriors from getting onto your land, and if they can break walls then what is the point of even owning land?

if a player has land but no walls I'd have no objections to having a way to grief/destroy/rob them as long as there was a way to find out who did it(retribution is a must), but walls and locked gates(is locksmith even on your to do list lol) should keep people out.

also I remember in V5 someone broke all the tribal stones in a few minutes after you added them.  there needs to be a way for them to reset to a certain amount.  if 1 is broken and the amount of tribal stones isn't at max it gets reset to another spot on the map.  total number of plots in game divided by 100 for a start number(I think in a 10X10 sector world with 10 space plots you'd start with 1600 plots?) sounds easy enough, so 16 to start.  then the number of claimed plots would decrease the amount of tribal stones on the map, for example if half the game map was claimed you'd be down to 8, but they wouldn't go away unless they were destroyed...that also doesn't take water plots into consideration ???
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Roarion

Re: tribes
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 08:06:20 pm »
- tribe possible addition, if they find claimed land, they attack and destroy everything on it or if they run into walls then break them down
I'll start off by saying I like the idea of tribes. 

however, why should npcs/monsters be able to grief a player's land if another player can't?  I think if you're going to add an ability to allow tribal warriors(is that a good thing to call them?) to grief owned land then any player should be able to do the same.  now I know you're going to say thats a bad idea because 1 or 2 people will destroy everyone, which of course they will, but thats sort of my point.  there needs to be a way to keep monsters/players/tribal warriors from getting onto your land, and if they can break walls then what is the point of even owning land?

if a player has land but no walls I'd have no objections to having a way to grief/destroy/rob them as long as there was a way to find out who did it(retribution is a must), but walls and locked gates(is locksmith even on your to do list lol) should keep people out.

also I remember in V5 someone broke all the tribal stones in a few minutes after you added them.  there needs to be a way for them to reset to a certain amount.  if 1 is broken and the amount of tribal stones isn't at max it gets reset to another spot on the map.  total number of plots in game divided by 100 for a start number(I think in a 10X10 sector world with 10 space plots you'd start with 1600 plots?) sounds easy enough, so 16 to start.  then the number of claimed plots would decrease the amount of tribal stones on the map, for example if half the game map was claimed you'd be down to 8, but they wouldn't go away unless they were destroyed...that also doesn't take water plots into consideration ???

Bomb breaks wall. Bomb takes lots of skills to make and lots of resources. Bomb blows up items also (aka you might blow up some of the goodies).

Defense systems like traps, sentry like NPCs, multi ore walls which have better defense.

Had something like this in Future where the best wall took like 4k coal and 1k iron to break, but it would be worth all that trouble to attempt to get revenge / great items from an endgame player. You might say that's a grind, try raiding a good base on RUST. Made certain mobs drop supplies also.

Got rid of the system though since too many QQed about the chance of someone robbing them b/c they would make crappy granite walls.

If the same was done in v6 maybe it would depend on how dangerous a sector you live in, something like Dragons would stomp your house.
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Nexus V2 - lvl 61 Stealth
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin
Retired - Unless V6 pulls a miracle

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 04:43:36 pm »
I did add tribes.

I updated it so tribes will attack and destroy anything on claimed land except walls or anything that blocks, like a tree. So for now, if walled, you are ok. I still need to add an alert or history message so you know a tribe visited, maybe.

Not sure I will code it to add them back in if they get removed by players. The players are subdue-ing the land so they shouldn't spawn back. Or they should not spawn back near a town. So build enough towns and it could eliminate them completely... when town building comes some day. For now I am just manually adding them.

One defense idea I have for magic is Ward spells you can cast on land that will keep things off.

Damage type I think is the main factor that affects this. If walls have 1000+ (or infinite) armor on the normal damages (thrust, bash, cut, etc) then nothing gonna affect them except special damages like "MegaBash" or what ever.

But... ultimately, no ones land is ever 100% safe. I don't want it to be too extreme but from the start I decided this isn't your normal, safe, online game where players are spoon fed baby food and coddled (for their $$$) and told everything is gonna be alright... it ain't! The previous humans that lived there centuries ago were driven out or killed. I plan to give you (and me) a real freakin' challenge to stay there. Actually, I just want to put in a lot of ways to kill you all... hey, at least I am honest :)
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 06:25:51 pm »
Actually, I just want to put in a lot of ways to kill you all... hey, at least I am honest :)
why do you hate us crafters so much? :'(
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline King Dravien

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 12:57:45 pm »
Actually, I just want to put in a lot of ways to kill you all... hey, at least I am honest :)
why do you hate us 10minplayers so much? :'(
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 01:33:29 pm »
A tribe that went bad. I guess I put them in too high an area to start.
I dont feel too bad, heh.

You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!