Author Topic: Adding a Art or Request Tab  (Read 1828 times)

Offline GroovyGuy

Adding a Art or Request Tab
« on: September 03, 2015, 07:00:59 pm »
I have made some example replacement art that can be used for current mobs and items. Can submit in sheet form if need, but here is a few.

None of these are the actual final drafts just tons of reworks and examples!

Offline Azreal

Re: Adding a Art or Request Tab
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 03:17:38 am »
these look awesome, the ring animation would you be thinking for level up?

also the furnace/oven would look great as well

Offline Jon The Great

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 08:06:36 am »
Keep it up. The graphics are awesome!

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 05:22:00 pm »
The artwork does look good but... I am reluctant to use it.

In V1/V2, artists would come and go and the artwork became a big disjointed mess, although Rummager did stick around a while and contributed A LOT that I used, props to that. But Rum was an exception and he didn't stay forever and I don't expect any artist too especially when I am known to jump around on projects. I really want the artwork to be consistent which means an artist would need to redraw EVERYTHING to their style. It kinda stifling of me to have an artist draw my way too.

And sadly, I will never know where the artwork really came from and if it has copyright issues that will sting me later on.

And the artwork is tooo detailed. I am going for, not 8-bit... but 4-bit old school, heh.

I still don't know what, if any, animations I will do or need, so I have hesitated adding more monsters/animals as of yet. Well, I have done some drawings.

I do want an artist to help just not sure how.

Realistically, I would have an artist add more versions of something existing that I already drew. Like different facings and sizes but still true to my art style.

Current needs:
- smaller, human sized golems. The current ones work well for "giant" golems so need normal sized ones.
- smaller and larger scorpions. The one drawn above is good since you can see it is a rework of my existing one, just get rid of the detail work.
- larger rats for the higher level ones
- smaller and larger spiders
- smaller and larger alligators
- zombie and skeleton verions of everything

Don't do any animations. And I guess have them facing left or right? Not sure if gonna use the whole left/right facing movement idea.

You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!