Author Topic: Hunt Skill  (Read 1570 times)

Offline Mickey Kudlo

Hunt Skill
« on: August 03, 2015, 12:22:10 pm »
For now, wilderness spawns are unlimited and will keep coming back. On next map wipe, I plan to code it to keep track of what spawns and to slowly spawn less and less in each 50x50 area/terrain. It would slowly regen back over time but areas are likely to be over-hunted by players.

So, how about adding a Hunt skill that warrior types can get that allows them to basically spawn animals in an area. Currently, there is Walk and Run mode. Eventually we will have Sneak as well but we can have a Hunt move mode. It would move the same speed as walking, would use 1 stamina per move but has a chance to "flush" out an animal. These animals could be the regular monsters of the terrain or special, Hunt only monsters that only a hunter can find. Like a "White Stag" and his horns make an awesome bow or trophy item. A players Hunt skill would determine what gets flushed out.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
Re: Hunt Skill
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 06:19:09 pm »
sounds neat, but also easily abusable.  I can just see someone walking around someone's land with hunt turned on to spawn a bunch of monsters to kill them...
is there was a way to make it only work on unclaimed land?

theres also the option of walking around in a walled in area(2 spaces to walk back and forth with a larger fenced in area beside it) and spawn a bunch of animals all penned in somewhere...
will there be a limit to the number of hunt spawned animals around at 1 time?

I've been away for a while(I got 44 hours of overtime the last week, my boss is crazy), some of the new updates you made sound like fun...so I'll probably be testing them out a lot tomorrow  this is my first day off in about a month I'm just relaxing today and doing nothing else!
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Flambelk

• Attack: 95
    Defense: 92
    Attack Member
  • Plundering the Internet since 1996.
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 29
    Badges: (View All)
    Invisible Tenth year Anniversary Karma Good
Re: Hunt Skill
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 03:00:21 pm »
I don't think overhunting is a good idea.
Does it add anything fun to the game? IMO I don't think so.

When you make a game, one always comes up with lots of ideas of think that would "make sense", but one must always keep in mind that a game has to be fun to play.

IMO people would find it frustrating and anoying if the area where they are hunting suddenly becomes slower.

Hunt mode, on the other seems to add something interesting. Another idea would be to make hunting drop extra materials from professions such as cooking or leatherworking.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 03:05:23 pm by Flambelk »
The signature you entered contains possibly offensive language. Please change it.