Author Topic: Hallows is Open  (Read 13650 times)

Offline Mohegan

Re: Hallows is Open
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2015, 06:20:48 pm »
the files are still up to manually download
http://10.0.0.4:3030/Hallows.zip
Phobos 47 Bow
Shadow 56 Throwing
Hexed 38 Assassin

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2015, 06:25:43 pm »
don't bother playing this server.  short list of reasons why:

1 he still has molds
2 he swapped runes after people worked hard mining mag making runes and learning spells
3 he still has molds
4 I don't have a 4
5 he still has molds
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Roarion

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2015, 10:55:33 pm »
the files are still up to manually download
http://10.0.0.4:3030/Hallows.zip

Internal IP? AKA no one can download from that link.
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Nexus V2 - lvl 61 Stealth
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin
Retired - Unless V6 pulls a miracle

Offline Mohegan

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2015, 12:34:35 am »
oops hsf must have reset when i uploaded new files

http://73.204.142.138:3030/Hallows.zip
Phobos 47 Bow
Shadow 56 Throwing
Hexed 38 Assassin

Offline Mohegan

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2015, 12:35:08 am »
working on auto updates as i go.
Phobos 47 Bow
Shadow 56 Throwing
Hexed 38 Assassin

Offline maerrigan

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2015, 08:34:45 am »
I can't log on, it keeps failing to connect to server.

Offline Mohegan

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2015, 09:11:57 am »
I should have realized the firs ttime this hapened that server is doing an autoreset at 3 AM. But it's not booting back up. It's up now I'm goin to see if I can disable that.
Phobos 47 Bow
Shadow 56 Throwing
Hexed 38 Assassin

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2015, 11:24:29 am »
From what I have seen, your world is just another RPGWO world that we have all seen before. I highly recommend you figure out something different otherwise you and your players will get bored.

A few ideas that come to mind:

- Maze Runner world: 1000 size world, all flat, middle sector unclaimed except middle life stone, all else is PLOT and each sector is a maze all connected. I know I made a maze world before but I never gave traders a place to claim so this would give them something. The editor can make mazes very easily.

- Seige world: 1000 size, middle sector is the castle that is constantly under attack, can only claim land inside castle walls

Plus, you will need to actually add new content and not just use the existing stuff.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Mohegan

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2015, 12:14:31 pm »
I'm not even sure how to run a siege yet.
Phobos 47 Bow
Shadow 56 Throwing
Hexed 38 Assassin

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2015, 01:22:30 pm »
You can't use the internal siege code for this idea. You would need to script it. I can get you started with some scripts.

Offline Jon The Great

« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2015, 02:37:22 pm »
Mazer runner sounds cool if only had time... Lots of triggers.

Offline hazze

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2015, 08:35:40 pm »
Can you explain a bit more on maze world? What is it about?

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2015, 08:59:59 pm »
you have to make it through the maze, the farther in you go, the bigger the monsters are...quest like rewards for making it to certain points.  I've never seen a full world done that way, but I remember the maze event admins would run on certain servers.  randomly placed monsters and walls that changed around when invisible triggers were walked over, I think I even saw someone get pked in there once(was pretty funny).  though I got stuck in a 1 tile area once because of a faulty trigger, the events were usually pretty fun...and the thought of a full world made that way sounds like even more fun!

Offline Roarion

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2015, 09:36:07 pm »
you have to make it through the maze, the farther in you go, the bigger the monsters are...quest like rewards for making it to certain points.  I've never seen a full world done that way, but I remember the maze event admins would run on certain servers.  randomly placed monsters and walls that changed around when invisible triggers were walked over, I think I even saw someone get pked in there once(was pretty funny).  though I got stuck in a 1 tile area once because of a faulty trigger, the events were usually pretty fun...and the thought of a full world made that way sounds like even more fun!

You could probably make a wall that decays into an open wall and alternate the decay time on multiple sets of that wall to get the world to auto change after a certain time has passed.

I have some maps that do this actually but switch from damaging to non damaging items.

Not sure if tons of walls decaying like that would lag the server. I know client side too many items decaying at once on your screen can cause lag.

Edit can make mazes, but I would use them as a template for you to draw more/edit more since they seem semi boring but get a lot of work done.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 09:39:43 pm by Roarion »
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Nexus V2 - lvl 61 Stealth
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin
Retired - Unless V6 pulls a miracle

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2015, 11:50:24 pm »
I am pretty sure I made a world called Labyrinth maybe around 2008-2012 time frame. I think it was a 400x400 map, ALL a maze, with a start area in upper left that had basic NPC traders. There was no claiming or mining. Just run around in the maze and fight monsters until ... whatever. Locksmith became really important cuz players could get through whole sections quickly.

Didn't read the book, just saw the movie, in Maze Runner, the center sector was safe, farmable, usable. The maze was all around them and opened in the morning, closed at dusk and changed after it closed and also released giant spiders at night time. Once a month, an elevator in the middle gave supplies and a new person. There was no real way out until they blew a hole in the wall and got out and back to their parents and found out it was a TV show and they won prizes and crap.

Possible RPGWO plan:
- 1000 size map, 6 depth, 100 ore respawn?
- middle sector all unclaimed except a giant plus from side to side to 4 openings into the maze, rest of map is PLOT
- life stone and start spot in the middle
- no NPCs, no collectors, no mules?, ok, maybe Rolo
- remove medium to high level ores/gems from mines, put in the maze so warriors can barter with traders
- all alchemy plants go into maze, all roses go into the maze except yellow(stamina)

Maybe putting too much in maze. Maybe put all ores back in?

That leaves 24 sectors to fill with maze maps. Can add 1 sector at a time as they get made with varying difficulty and rewards. Probably have the maze halls be 4 wide. Looking in the editor and making some mazes, it would be pretty easy to make like one 200x200 maze per week. I could maybe contribute that but I would not run the thing or admin it. But I can see the mazes get boring fast for players since it would be monotonous.

If players want it then I would help but the whole "mold" issue is... well, not sure. I did it cuz there would be too many choices using a filled crucible on an anvil. I believe it broke the usage choice box. I am not even sure that is how you do it in V2, heh.

Offline Mohegan

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2015, 12:13:41 am »
I saw the Maze Runner too and I really like the idea of that.
Phobos 47 Bow
Shadow 56 Throwing
Hexed 38 Assassin

Offline Mohegan

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2015, 12:14:09 am »
How large can you make a Map in RPGWOEDIT2
Phobos 47 Bow
Shadow 56 Throwing
Hexed 38 Assassin

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2015, 12:58:50 pm »
How large can you make a Map in RPGWOEDIT2

I tried a 1000x1000 and it gave memory errors on the undo map but it worked-ish. But you would just be doing 200x200 maps and I tested that a lot last night and it all worked fine.

I gave it some thought and I do NOT think I will be helping. The main reason is... your a newb admin, sorry. If it was Roarion then I would help cuz they have proved themselves, you know. I will still provide support but not map making at least until you have proved your self for a few months or so.

Good luck!

Offline Mohegan

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2015, 02:50:09 pm »
Okay great! No, Mick, that's okay. You've helped me a lot already Mickey and I appreciate all you've done. Also a shoutout to Nomad, Greatest, Roarian, and Alexander for helping make it all possible. You've all been great and I couldn't have done it without you guys.
Phobos 47 Bow
Shadow 56 Throwing
Hexed 38 Assassin

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2015, 04:33:19 pm »
If players want it then I would help but the whole "mold" issue is... well, not sure. I did it cuz there would be too many choices using a filled crucible on an anvil. I believe it broke the usage choice box. I am not even sure that is how you do it in V2, heh.
hot sheet on anvil?  simpler work around would have been to split usages from all on anvil to some(armors and weapons maybe) being hammer on hot sheet...or even hot sheet on hot sheet to make a larger sheet then hot large sheet on anvil for armors...or even add a second type of anvil*...

there are about 12 different types of anvils used for different jobs, but you could have gotten away with just adding 1.  maybe anvil and double horned anvil?