Author Topic: Complicated, extensive Usages or Simple, Easy Usages?  (Read 900 times)

Offline Mickey Kudlo

Complicated, extensive Usages or Simple, Easy Usages?
« on: August 07, 2015, 02:38:21 pm »
I made a change (but as of this writing, have not updated V6) that made making coins a lot easier but still requires the crucible and coin mold but as passive tools in your Carry. Using a Copper Bar on a [Furnace] to make coins uses Crucible and Coin Mold. So much easier.

Now, should this change be made to Blacksmith when it comes to weapons, tools, etc?

Currently to make a Tin Heavy Axe:
- heat medium tin bar on [furnace]
- use [hammer] on heated medium tin bar to make tin heavy axe head
- use tin heavy axe head on a [tree branch] to make Tin Heavy Axe

Would change to:
- use medium tin bar on [furnace] to make tin heavy axe uses [hammer] as a passive tool and 1 [tree branch] as a supply item

Just realized it would need some tricky coding to allow the [hammer] tool power to apply to the [work] that is needed to get the usage done other wise a tin hammer would be the same as a hessite hammer.

Can do this change though and [hammer] tool power would apply:
- heat medium tin bar on [furnace]
- use [hammer] on heated medium tin bar to make tin heavy axe, uses 1 [tree branch] as a supply item

This sounds better I think.

Plus I think I need to merge Tinker skill into Blacksmith.

You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
Re: Complicated, extensive Usages or Simple, Easy Usages?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 04:12:30 pm »
Plus I think I need to merge Tinker skill into Blacksmith.
could also merge refining into blacksmith.  I don't get the reason it is off by itself besides taking twice as long to use the next metal(since you have to level refining first to make bars then blacksmith to actually make anything).

as far as removing the step of putting a handle on a weapon,  I thought you had it this way so there could be other types of handles available.  for example: make an axe head and use it on a branch to get a basic axe, make an axe head and use it on a metal bar to get a battle axe.  if that wasn't your plan I'm suggesting it as an idea now, as I think it could make for some unique crafting ideas.
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?