Author Topic: New server Hallows.  (Read 6028 times)

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
Re: New server Hallows.
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2015, 11:51:48 pm »
Okay.
Anyone should be able to log in.
you're not in the official list and didn't give any connect info...

also ignore Drav, hes a forum troll.  he never contributes but anytime someone is trying to make a server he tells them they're stupid.
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Mohegan

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2015, 11:57:13 pm »
nods. connect info is private right now dont want too many people trying to get in. still in alpha phase and will be wiped. if you want to connect ill pm you the info jsut dont give it out.
Phobos 47 Bow
Shadow 56 Throwing
Hexed 38 Assassin

Offline Mohegan

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2015, 12:01:44 am »
also i need master maker to auto update so right now everything is manual.
Phobos 47 Bow
Shadow 56 Throwing
Hexed 38 Assassin

Offline Mohegan

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2015, 01:49:01 am »
Ok guys. I'm putting the connectiong info up for tonight.
This is just for feedback and suggestions. Please comment with any ideas/suggestions/requests.
I will repeat that most likely everything will be wiped.
I may keep character datas. Not sure yet.
Anyway... Here it is. Connect at your leisure.
Sewers is live.
But there are no wild monster spawns yet. Will start adding them tomorrow.

http://73.204.142.138:3030/local.zip
http://73.204.142.138:3030/README.txt
Phobos 47 Bow
Shadow 56 Throwing
Hexed 38 Assassin

Offline Mohegan

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2015, 03:34:14 am »
Ok guys. I'm putting the connectiong info up for tonight.
This is just for feedback and suggestions. Please comment with any ideas/suggestions/requests.
I will repeat that most likely everything will be wiped.
I may keep character datas. Not sure yet.
Anyway... Here it is. Connect at your leisure.
Sewers is live.
But there are no wild monster spawns yet. Will start adding them tomorrow.

http://73.204.142.138:3030/local.zip
http://73.204.142.138:3030/README.txt

**UPDATE** Done testing for now. Taking server down. Lots of work to do,  Hopefully will be online tomorrow.

Thanks for all your help.
Phobos 47 Bow
Shadow 56 Throwing
Hexed 38 Assassin

Offline Roarion

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2015, 09:38:47 am »
Okay.

also ignore Drav, hes a forum troll.  he never contributes but anytime someone is trying to make a server he tells them they're stupid.

That's because they probably are. You're going to be spending tons of hours producing a new world less then 20 ppl will play even if its a top tier world.  And after a month or even a week now you wont see more then 10 ppl on at a time. Time invested into making a good world is no where near worth how many people will play anymore.

I've heard so many people argue and say "we just need a good world and it will be awesome and tons of ppl will play" which is no where near true. You could create the greatest rpgwo server ever and barely anyone would play it.

We need new players. We need v6 to be good and attract people. V2 is deader then dead right now and it won't come back. His post had too much truth in it to be trollish.

Mohegan is new at making rpgwo worlds. The chance that everything is fixed in the world is slim. He/She has already said its too much work to fix blacksmithing so they will probably skip it....
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 09:46:17 am by Roarion »
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Nexus V2 - lvl 61 Stealth
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin
Retired - Unless V6 pulls a miracle

Offline Roarion

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2015, 10:05:14 am »
Okay.

also ignore Drav, hes a forum troll.  he never contributes but anytime someone is trying to make a server he tells them they're stupid.

That's because they probably are. You're going to be spending tons of hours producing a new world less then 20 ppl will play even if its a top tier world.  And after a month or even a week now you wont see more then 10 ppl on at a time. Time invested into making a good world is no where near worth how many people will play anymore.

I've heard so many people argue and say "we just need a good world and it will be awesome and tons of ppl will play" which is no where near true. You could create the greatest rpgwo server ever and barely anyone would play it.

We need new players. We need v6 to be good and attract people. V2 is deader then dead right now and it won't come back. His post had too much truth in it to be trollish.

Mohegan is new at making rpgwo worlds. The chance that everything is fixed in the world is slim. He/She has already said its too much work to fix blacksmithing so they will probably skip it....

Long story short if you create a rehash of mickeys world and put it up on the list for you and a few ppl to play a lot of ppl are just going to call it another garbage world that probably won't live long or turn into Hexed status where people dislike the world just for staying up.

If you spend a lot of time making a world with new features it will be underplayed and a lot of your time will go to waste.
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin

Offline Mohegan

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2015, 10:44:37 am »
Though I'm inclined to agree with you roar, I have high hopes for server. Even if it's just a rehash of mickeys files, and I'll tell you why. Carnage.
There are still quite a few people who enjoy playing rpgwo.
Myself among them. If Mysti can put a server up and have multiple players per day. With screwed magics and all the connection issues. I can't imagine that a back to basics server with the standard magics. Skills. Weapons and armors. Throw in a couple of good, challenging quests. Won't bring some playerbase. To me 10 players on at a time is a success. Even in the old days that was avg. You only got up into the 20s and 30s at real busy times.
Phobos 47 Bow
Shadow 56 Throwing
Hexed 38 Assassin

Offline Roarion

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2015, 11:12:19 am »
Though I'm inclined to agree with you roar, I have high hopes for server. Even if it's just a rehash of mickeys files, and I'll tell you why. Carnage.
There are still quite a few people who enjoy playing rpgwo.
Myself among them. If Mysti can put a server up and have multiple players per day. With screwed magics and all the connection issues. I can't imagine that a back to basics server with the standard magics. Skills. Weapons and armors. Throw in a couple of good, challenging quests. Won't bring some playerbase. To me 10 players on at a time is a success. Even in the old days that was avg. You only got up into the 20s and 30s at real busy times.

If you think maybe getting 10 ppl online on peak hours during the first month of a server is a success then go for it. I thought carnage was a failure in all respects. All mysti did was take my Hexed files, rename some items, and put new images over them. The problem with mysti is she can't take criticism at all on her world which results in a very poor admin. If you don't like it get out, and if you complain about broken things you get muzzled or banned. She picks favorites and half the time just makes her friends admins/mods.

I remember a lot more people being online in legacy servers. Hexed broke 40 players 3-4 yrs ago and Hollow Point did 30 which was maybe 2? yrs ago. Older servers yet had way more players then that.

More and more people who use to play this game don't have time to anymore because they've grown up or moved onto other games. No rpgwo server will ever be a success unless you can get new people playing again. There's good and bad servers, but the outcome is always the same.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 11:17:27 am by Roarion »
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin

Offline Mohegan

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2015, 01:06:33 pm »
Carnage was a failure. That is exactly my point.
Phobos 47 Bow
Shadow 56 Throwing
Hexed 38 Assassin

Offline King Dravien

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2015, 04:44:08 pm »
Okay.

I never contribute? Yet my name fills the appeals section of any server.

what do YOU contribute in the 4 hours you play a server? You start on a world and within hours you've already given up. Maybe fishing was broken this time? Maybe its because you're a really unreliable player? Or maybe its simply because you talk about playing the game and helping it but you do tiger ALL to show thats true.
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline Mohegan

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2015, 05:48:45 pm »

This guy is so salty.
Phobos 47 Bow
Shadow 56 Throwing
Hexed 38 Assassin

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2015, 08:16:34 pm »
Okay.

I never contribute? Yet my name fills the appeals section of any server.

what do YOU contribute in the 4 hours you play a server? You start on a world and within hours you've already given up. Maybe fishing was broken this time? Maybe its because you're a really unreliable player? Or maybe its simply because you talk about playing the game and helping it but you do tiger ALL to show thats true.
4 hours of my time ;D

seriously: all I ever see you do on this forum is bitch at people.  if I click your name and look through the list of posts you've made,  and there are maybe 3 posts that weren't trying to insult someone.  you've insulted every person who posted about trying to make a server and even bitched at Mickey about V6...bitching isn't contributing!  either help the people working on servers or leave them alone, telling them to tiger off doesn't do any good to anyone.
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?