Author Topic: New server Hallows.  (Read 6024 times)

Offline Mohegan

New server Hallows.
« on: August 06, 2015, 01:50:53 pm »
New server Hallows is in the works. medium sized map, 8x8. Fantasy themed.

A little info about me:

Been around since the early days of RPGWO. I believe the first or second phobos was when I started. Back then I was only 12 or 13, I think. I'm 24 now. Have been playing on and off since then and have seen many servers come and go. I have played and enjoyed many of them but for me, my greatest enjoyment was Phobos. With Steeltide or Nulona(cant remember which) as a close second.

What I would like to do is take what I enjoyed the most out of these servers and combine them.
I don't want to give too much away.
All of the weapons, armours, magics, crafting and monsters will all be based off of the Legacy files.

I will definitley be implementing Player-killing to some extent, to what extent I have not determined.  Tradeskillers have not been forgotten. There will be a system implemented protecting those who wish to play the game simply for its crafting.

I'm quite new to hosting a server. I have tinkered around a bit for my own and close friends enjoyment when V1 rpgwo server files were first released, but nothing more.
I will be recruiting mod/s and admin/s for the server.
I will not accept any cheaters. Or power abusers.

Any who are interested in helping make RPGWO great again. Please respond here with qualifications.  I will need help adding content. I want to roll a server out as quickly as possible, but don't want to release something half-assed.

I will consider all worthy suggestions or ideas for the server and content.

For anyone interested in help making maps, quests, and towns, The data files can be found below.

I will greatly appreciate any help that is given.

Data files for Legacy: http://www.rpgwo.com/download%5Cclient2.files.zip

Phobos 47 Bow
Shadow 56 Throwing
Hexed 38 Assassin

Offline Mohegan

Re: New server Hallows.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 01:52:07 pm »

A little info about me:

Been around since the early days of RPGWO. I believe the first or second phobos was when I started. Back then I was only 12 or 13, I think. I'm 24 now. Have been playing on and off since then and have seen many servers come and go. I have played and enjoyed many of them but for me, my greatest enjoyment was Phobos. With Steeltide or Nulona(cant remember which) as a close second.

What I would like to do is take what I enjoyed the most out of these servers and combine them.
All of the weapons, armours, magics, crafting and monsters will all be based off of the Legacy files.

I will definitley be implementing Player-killing to some extent, to what extent I have not determined.  Tradeskillers have not been forgotten. There will be a system implemented protecting those who wish to play the game simply for its crafting.

I'm quite new to hosting a server. I have tinkered around a bit for my own and close friends enjoyment when V1 rpgwo server files were first released, but nothing more.

Any who are interested in helping make RPGWO great again. Please respond here with qualifications.  I will need help adding content. I want to roll a server out as quickly as possible, but don't want to release something half-assed.

For anyone interested in help making maps, quests, and towns, The data files can be found below.

NOTE*
I know there is another server currently in the works and until I recieve further word about the release/progress of that server. This project will go forward.
Phobos 47 Bow
Shadow 56 Throwing
Hexed 38 Assassin

Offline Mohegan

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 02:45:02 pm »
Got a town setup. How to load town into server?
Phobos 47 Bow
Shadow 56 Throwing
Hexed 38 Assassin

Offline hazze

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 04:58:34 pm »

Dump script, put filename.rsf in client folder (same folder as client2.exe), /open filename as admin. Offset is diagonal bottom right to your character start.

Offline Mohegan

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 05:10:18 pm »

Dump script, put filename.rsf in client folder (same folder as client2.exe), /open filename as admin. Offset is diagonal bottom right to your character start.

Got it, thanks mate.
Phobos 47 Bow
Shadow 56 Throwing
Hexed 38 Assassin

Offline Roarion

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 08:37:03 am »

A little info about me:

I will definitley be implementing Player-killing to some extent, to what extent I have not determined.  Tradeskillers have not been forgotten. There will be a system implemented protecting those who wish to play the game simply for its crafting.

Any who are interested in helping make RPGWO great again. Please respond here with qualifications.  I will need help adding content. I want to roll a server out as quickly as possible, but don't want to release something half-assed.

So legacy as in Mickeys V2? Have you considered fixing or adjusting mobs/weapons/blacksmithing/armor sets in that world?

Weapons/Armor mostly for PVP in those files.
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Nexus V2 - lvl 61 Stealth
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin
Retired - Unless V6 pulls a miracle

Offline Mohegan

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 10:13:26 am »
Yeah those are some of the main things I plan to take a look at.
Phobos 47 Bow
Shadow 56 Throwing
Hexed 38 Assassin

Offline King Dravien

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 11:57:50 am »
A new server to crash and burn so hard even UT will roll in his grave
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline Mohegan

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2015, 04:23:41 pm »
**Update

Starting Town and the First quest is finished. Going to move on to to weapons/ armours and tradeskills.
Phobos 47 Bow
Shadow 56 Throwing
Hexed 38 Assassin

Offline Mohegan

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2015, 04:33:41 pm »
A new server to crash and burn so hard even UT will roll in his grave

FYI Nobody is forcing you to play.

Like I said, I'm a newb at this but I been playing RPGWO a long time. I really just want to put up something decent to play for myself and others who are looking for the same. If we can make it a great server. Awesome. If it's wolf. Lesson learned.
Phobos 47 Bow
Shadow 56 Throwing
Hexed 38 Assassin

Offline Mohegan

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2015, 04:58:04 pm »
@Roarion

You're saying these weapons and armor are balanced for Pvp? Or are you saying that I need to balance them if I'm going to implement PVP?
Phobos 47 Bow
Shadow 56 Throwing
Hexed 38 Assassin

Offline Roarion

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2015, 05:06:19 pm »
@Roarion

You're saying these weapons and armor are balanced for Pvp? Or are you saying that I need to balance them if I'm going to implement PVP?

Need to be fixed
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin

Offline Mohegan

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2015, 05:10:00 pm »
Lol. What does? The weapons seem very balanced to me.

The Blacksmithing I would love to rework but the damn things needs a complete overhaul. I'mg going through testing to make sure everything works right now. As long as it does I'll probably just leave it alone.
Phobos 47 Bow
Shadow 56 Throwing
Hexed 38 Assassin

Offline Roarion

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2015, 07:12:37 pm »
Lol. What does? The weapons seem very balanced to me.

The Blacksmithing I would love to rework but the damn things needs a complete overhaul. I'mg going through testing to make sure everything works right now. As long as it does I'll probably just leave it alone.

Most people hate that style of blacksmithing.

Seems very balanced and is actually balanced are different things. You put on the best armour +6ed and got hit by the player with the best weapon +6ed while taking into account max heal / health potions? Did you even check black magic? Did you take into account what level pvp is starting at?

Did you check weapons / armour on monsters at all?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 07:16:34 pm by Roarion »
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin

Offline Mohegan

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2015, 07:43:17 pm »
No, I dont think the skills or weapons need work. I think its the armors...Yes?

Phobos 47 Bow
Shadow 56 Throwing
Hexed 38 Assassin

Offline Mohegan

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2015, 08:03:09 pm »
Okay. Weapons seem okay with a few alterations. Black magic is completely tigered....Armor seems to do nothing. Will look into this. Perhaps Black magic will be disabled for this server since barely anyone uses anyway.
Phobos 47 Bow
Shadow 56 Throwing
Hexed 38 Assassin

Offline Mohegan

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2015, 08:03:45 pm »
Armours will get a bump in defense as well to allow weapons to remain the same. Rather than editing both.
Phobos 47 Bow
Shadow 56 Throwing
Hexed 38 Assassin

Offline Mohegan

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2015, 08:39:14 pm »
Probably will have to redo mosnters accordingly.
Phobos 47 Bow
Shadow 56 Throwing
Hexed 38 Assassin

Offline Mohegan

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2015, 09:21:35 pm »
Okay.
Anyone should be able to log in. I need a few to come in and test some content. All that is up right now is sewers and town. You will need to manually download the files.
Sewers is huge and will provide a few hours of gameplay if anyone just wants something to play. Content has been added for any traders/crafters. There are no wilderness spawns.
I will be redoing ALOT of stuff. And adding some content over the next few hours so there will be some occasional lag.

If you are interested
PM me for Server info.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 09:24:59 pm by Mohegan »
Phobos 47 Bow
Shadow 56 Throwing
Hexed 38 Assassin

Offline Mohegan

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2015, 11:34:38 pm »
blah
Phobos 47 Bow
Shadow 56 Throwing