Author Topic: Game Updated  (Read 8666 times)

Offline Mickey Kudlo

Game Updated
« on: July 18, 2015, 12:25:21 am »
July 9, 2015
- maces added
- removed at death, loosing a level of XP, it wasn't working right with training skills and I was on the fence about keeping it anyways
- added Morale, it kinda like vitae but can be positive or negative and affects skills appropriately. Death gives negative morale, time slowly lowers morale, fun/certain activities will raise morale like fishing, eating, going to a tavern, getting a bath, socializing with NPCs, sports, etc.
- eating apples will raise morale, for now
- finally optimized the map data packets from 45x27 to 27x27 for the partial screen fill, traditional V1/V2 view/look, let me know if anything got broke since a lot of features were hard coded to 45x27 and had to be converted
- stand damage is back! yeah? thorn and rose bushes, etc, will sting you in the butt
- red screen flash when you take LIFE damage, if you don't like it that is ok, I plan an option to turn it off some day
- added some clay uses: pot, pan, morter/pestal, and jug. Jug can be used to transport water and used as a water source, the others don't have a use yet
- special effect animation coded, things like attack hit animation, usage, etc, then eventually things like sound, warping, spell animations, etc.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 04:49:58 pm by Mickey Kudlo »
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Mickey Kudlo

Re: Game Updated
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 12:26:49 am »
July 17, 2015
- changed XP system, attributes now get up to 10% of any XP earned and can raise on their own, the other 90% goes into the skill, cut usage XP in half, cut earned spendable XP in half, did all this cuz skills were raising too fast for my liking
- changed the world map generator, it is now something more like V5 but instead of whole 200x200 sectors being a terrain/biome, the size is 50x50 for terrain/biomes sections, it is now able to create decent looking continents and I can control the elevations for a biome better so there can be plenty of large flat areas for building, like in a Plains biome, before the elevations were all over the place and impossible to really match a biome, this will give us a good balance between "natural" looking and variety plus swamps are back and I also added tundra and acrtic biomes
- optimized a handful of data fields for units and was able to free up about 20% of memory in use, I tested a 4000 world and it was about 1.8 gig used, but got it down to about 1.5 gig and thus getting it to fit on a 2 gig machine, but who knows what I may have broken... or fixed in the process
- may have finally fixed wilderness spawns and starter items

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 10:22:51 pm »
July 24, 2015
- plants on owned land do not have the "crowd" rules applied, will grow unrestricted
- rabbit and rat hides and meat, nothing cookable or eatable yet :(
- world map shows unit colors
- bug fix to world map rarely mixing up upper and lower maps, not sure if fixed
- fixed display of walls
- climb skill, just used on pits for now
- simplified the ground holes, first one is a "hole", second one is a "pit" which leads to lower level, got rid of 2 stages in between, if you fall into a pit, Climb skill used to get out when you hit "move up" button
- help tab added that has usage, help and what's new, only usage is searchable
- option tab
- morale background label lights up green, red or nuetral instead of just the text
- removed the V5 what's new entries

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 03:15:42 pm »
July 31, 2015

- recoded the updater to deal with the .exe as a compress file so it can be downloaded more reliably, you will need to uninstall the updater, download new one then reinstall it

- smooth scrolling map, options for full, half and none, full was giving me flickering so I coded a half that works pretty good
- burden and food label backgrounds will go yellow and red when they values get critical
- morale slowly goes down during play, a 50% chance each v-day, Max is +5, Min is -10
- food that boosts morale can only give the boost once per real day, it resets when the server restarts each night
- camp fires for cooking, can cook a few rabbit meals now including a stew
- can stake ground holes and cover to make a trap
- rewrote the wilderness spawn code to be like V1/V2, gives warriors plenty to train on, will eventually code so areas can be over hunted and spawn less and less often, maybe add a Hunt skill that can spawn/flush out prey when areas get over hunted
- maces are no longer "hammers", their shape is too irregular to hammer stuff properly I figure
- usage on carry items is now treated as a task and doesn't happen just once but will repeat
- removed Forestry skill and moved the usage to Farming like V1/V2 does
- cave ins! nothing can stop them currently, will code that walls will stop them soon

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 10:48:09 pm »
August 2, 2015
- a bug with plants caused "alchemy" plants to die off, got it fixed maybe, wiped plants and readded
- you can use a "water source" item on any plant to grow it, it may not change but it does apply a growth cycle to it
- player made walls will stop cave ins within a 3 range

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 12:46:24 am »
August 4, 2015
- let there be blooood!
- fixed an item bug (maybe) that may have been making items dissapear, related to usage and probably other crap
- can use a [hoe] directly on seeds on the ground to plant
- shortened stone and brick walls, wood walls still need work
- anything blocking or on top of "move up/down" items, like a Ladder Up, will be ignored, like say if a player named "test" is standing on a Ladder Up item, they will be by passed!
- fixed bug with using Move Up/Down button on a ladder, moving you back where you came from
- re-drew the smoke item

I pretty much have been updating all week long with little things here and there, like adding/removing bugs and such.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 11:31:37 pm »
August 19, 2015
- ping used to measure latency that is used to try to smooth out movement and combat
- simplified coin making, don't need to load crucible, melt contents then use on a coin mold. I created a usage that does all of that at once, where the crucible and coin mold are passive tools that just need to be in your inventory. Will probably simplify blacksmith weapon/tool making in a similar way.
- shortened wood walls
- can make stone, brick and wood doors and windows
- can tear wall/door/windows down
- level up animation
- everyone gets a tin knife at start... cuz they sooo useful
- Bows, bows, bows! ... oh and arrows and all the crap that comes with making them. Only thing missing is the flying arrow animation from shooter to target.
- all arrows shot fall to the ground near the target whether they hit or not, also they have a 2% chance to break
- fixed an item disappearing on the map bug, maybe

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 05:14:50 pm »
August 22, 2015
- UnArmed got a damage boost based on skill value to bring it better in line with armed weapons
- fixed bug with bows loosing the target being selected

August 26, 2015
- got flying arrow animation added for bows
- added the other half of bows, makable, total is 32 now, 8 sets of short, normal, long and great
- quickness now directly affects movement speed (walk or run), reaching maximum effectiveness at 100, run skill always used quickness but it only affects if you use stamina or not when running
- quickness now directly affects weapon speed, reducing wait time
- quickness now directly affects usage speed, reducing wait time
- removed the quality merge restrictions, it always merges quality/life unless you are picking something up, you must merge items in your carry manually
- usage and usage button popups now show at the beginning the skill name and min skill needed in ()

August 27, 2015
- bows wear and tear properly now
- broken arrows can now be refined back to ore bars, this also includes nails
- chat 100-200 characters sent as 2 chat packets, was buggy but got it fixed
- fixed usage failed message about missing unknown catagory item
- fixed usage showing "nothing" for some usages, like using heated bars to make bigger bars showed "nothing" as result
- player levels 1-4 are protected: no PK, no death all item drop, no morale below 0
- comfort food eaten list gets reset whenever your morale goes down instead of when the server reboots

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2015, 04:37:44 pm »
September 1, 2015
- fixed undead to be saved/loaded on a restart, increased spawn rate
- Line Of Sight fog
- added story right before player creation
- cave ins happen 4 away from walls, it was 3 but 4 allows no wall needed in middle of a 10x10 plot
- mana goes up when intel is raised, karma goes up when wisdom is raised

September 7, 2015
- containers put on hold, coding got messy/buggy so I need to rethink it and try again later
- /g to global now else it just local chat
- stone arrows that any Bowyer can make, for when you run low/out of ammo and there is no blacksmith around
- can cut up mongrel carcasses, get meat and cook it, yum!
- can cut up and cook rat meat, yummier!
- camp fires have fire damage that destroy/burn almost everything
- wind added, affects smoke floating direction, wind direction can change every so often
- light and darkness, added candles and candle holder
- clippers added, haven't added any usage yet since there is a lot to do
- Line Of Sight improved for underground, also a little smoother transition from spot to spot by showing what you could see at you last spot until you fully get to your new spot
- knife on apple to get seeds
- increased xp per level on levels over 5
- increased strength factor to burden, was 30, now = 40

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2015, 04:45:05 pm »
September 23, 2015
- wiped world and players, 2000 size map, I know I said October 1st but got ready early and didn't feel like waiting
- biome changes and additions, plants, trees, ore, etc, some animals but most animal/monsters I am waiting to add after wipe since it is easy and I needed to focus on things that can only be added pre-wipe
- player and skill level XP increased so it is harder to level
- trade skill rolls 75% to 100%, it was 50% to 100% pre-wipe
- combat skill rolls are curved upward now with most rolls occuring at the higher end, it was 0% to 100% pre-wipe and was too random
- can choose start spot, 5 choices in player creation
- land claiming disabled until I can recode some things
- wilderness spawns will slowly spawn less and less if players keep killing things in the area but it does slowly come back
- merged refining into mining
- merged tinker into blacksmith
- removed "head" intermediate items like "tin pick head", usages to make such items will require [tree branch] as a supply item

September 27, 2015
- gave rabbit and rat food more food value
- added normal sized golems with lower stats, made existing "Giant" with higher stats
- monster level shown in status
- rebalanced some monsters
- furnace refine heat shown and actually applies to usage now
- reduced stats on psycho rabbits cuz they were hurting me :(

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2015, 04:54:27 pm »
September 30, 2015
- /landclaim re-enabled, must be 5 parcels away from any PLOT claims, cost starts at 100 and doubles after each claim
- can grind minerals and organics for alchemy which is trainable now
- can make alembic and alchemist mixer but no usage yet

October 12, 2015
- added making of life and stamina potions, check usage, this isn't the final way it will be done, just an intermediate step to get where I want for making potions
- added 2 more map scrolling options to try, Pop Shift and Shift Pop, since full/half was flickering for me and I tried and tried to fix it but nothing but V5 had the same issue so I suspect it a OS issue maybe
- jerky food, it never goes bad but gives no morale bonus, other cooked food goes bad after about 5 v-days
- can break medium/large bars back to small bars

October 13, 2015
- all usage actions costs 1 stamina per action just like combat (attack/defend), but just like in combat, your stamina doesn't regen until you stop actions and rest
- reduced work for rose harvesting and potion brewing, wasn't worth it spending 40-60 stamina to get a 20 stamina potion, so should be a little better
- usage will repeat on stacks of items

October 20, 2015
- got final alchemy code in, you need to discover recipes before you can brew a potion, just life and stamina potions for now
- added metal mortar and pestals

October 22, 2015
- added skill potions, minor give 5 boost for 5 minutes, major 10 for 10 minutes, megas 15 for 15 minutes, gigas 20 for 20 minutes
- the basic formula for a potion is [organic],[mineral] for a minor potion, for major and higher add a [mineral] to the end
- for attribute potions, the first item will be a rose ingredient
- for skill potions, the first item will be a non-rose plant ingredient
- reduced burden of all ingredients, in their final form before mixing, to ZERO because it has turned into a similar rune mess like V1/V2 has
- 1 v-day is now 2 real hours, it was 4 real hours
- re-worked the website some what, still working on it

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2015, 10:54:58 pm »
October 29, 2015
- added shields and a shield skill, basically when attacking a target with a shield armed, the attacker must first get thru the shield skill roll then get thru the defender weapon skill roll in order to get a hit. If a shield blocks then it takes wear and tear damage from the weapon that hits it but is reduced based on the shields power/durability.
- combat XP doubled due to the "risk" involved, traders were leveling faster and with no risk, makes me want to add fun stuff for them to dig up soon too, muuhhahahaha! ... maybe
- can use hand on Resurrect Stones to attune, before it gave a no rights message, should be fixed now
- plants on owned land not unlimited growth now, they are just doubled density from un-owned land, otherwise plants take over you land and fill every single space and trees seem to kill everything off then block off your land entirely

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2015, 11:23:57 am »
November 5, 2015
- seeds can now be placed on the ground only underground and they will not die or disappear
- "ground pit" renamed to "cave hole down" to be clearer indicator you can walk on it
- cave hole up/down degrade to nothing after about 30 v-days, basically cave in, ladder up/down stay open
- both cave holes and ladders can be removed with a shovel/pick, it should remove the lower/upper connected item as well
- can dig a cave hole up while under ground
- shields can get a "heavy hit" that can severly reduce it's life and break faster, this happens when a shielded attack exceeds the shield value of the shield, you get a red "heavy hit" message letting you know
- added more monsters including humanoids that drop coin like human zombie, goblin and grayvyn, no tribes though

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2015, 01:31:55 pm »
November 11, 2015
- tribal members will attack anything on player claimed land except walls or anything that "blocks" movement
- torches

November 13, 2015
- can use pebbles on the ground to pave cobble road/floor, stamina use is zero when running
- /landlist
- plant growth changes on owned land only:
  - seeds do not sprout
  - seeds must be planted in ploughed ground or directly with a hoe
  - plants should not die on owned land but a lot of them after maturing will grow back into roots which will not be seen until they grow back up again
  - harvesting "crop" plants should leave roots in ground that will grow again (this has always been the case if you didnt notice)
  - since crops have protection from death on your land I needed to balance it out so owned land plants now grow at 50% rate than wild plants do

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2016, 05:22:05 pm »
February 17, 2016

- !!!WIPED MAP AND PLAYERS!!! loyalty bonuses added

- wipe loyalty bonuses: 10 copper per level, 1 skill point per 5 levels, tier 2 starter items for level 10 and greater
- can Master skills during player creation
- attributes can be set to zero during creation except Life
- player dynamic image: body, hair, shirt, pants. Nothing armed shows yet.
- can repair bows now
- added raw gems to mining but no uses yet
- increased all ore rarity cuz it was way too abundant and easy to find
- life stones scattered all over the map
- magnetite ore and magic stones added to mining but no uses yet
- added carrots, watermelon, raspberry, mushrooms
- removed tribes for now, had some bugs that I need to figure out later after wipe
- added goblin and grayvyn roaming around, they are not tribal tho
- human bandits roaming around too now
- plants/trees not limited to surface type (dirt, grass, snow, sand, etc) for now since it was killing off plants, need to figure out something later on

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2016, 11:04:04 pm »
February 19, 2016
- life bars for carry/armed items but only shows if not 100%
- cooking now uses DEX/INT instead of INT/WIS attributes so it can carry over and be more useful for different player types
- selected player/npc/monster show real level
- fixed mushroom images
- minor fixes here and there
- fixed plants growing out in water but will take time for them to die off

March 2, 2016
- added NPC Exporter that will buy some materials(bars, pelts) from you but does not sell yet, selling to the exporter also gains Prestige
- spiders, scorpions and alligators now have loot from carcasses but no usages for them yet

March 4, 2016
- max skill value for untrained skills is 30 (allows low level usage), keep in mind it is attribute based
- max skill value for trained skills is 60 (allows low to mid level actions)
- specialized and mastered skills have no limit
- shields now have a speed delay for the next incoming attack, if something attacks before the shield ready, then shield is ignored, the effects of this is more apparent when being attack by multiple monsters at once
- shield damage adjusted to wear out faster
- fixed plants growing on the wrong surface, like on paved ground

March 9, 2016
- alchemy tweak/fix so mixers wear out and tool value now gets applied to work
- some spider, scorpion and alligator parts can be made into weapons, they are a little better then their ore counterparts

March 14, 2016
- added support for usages to allow different skills for the same usage, for areas of skill overlap, like now mining and blacksmith can smelt ore/items down to bars, before just mining could
- plants/trees no longer spawn anything if they on owned land, it includes fruit, crops, seeds, etc., reason being seeds take over a persons empty land, they never sprouted but still messy. It also keeps stuff from spreading off your land, in case you don't want others to get an easy score
- wood fences
- NPC tab for prestige and future crap

March 17, 2016
- improved wood fences
- multi-view for when many items on the map in the same place, click on a map spot then a "multi-view" button will show up in the item data area that you can click to open up a form

March 21, 2016
- owner is safe on their land from PK but not from monsters
- Trained skills get +2, specialized get +4, mastered get +6
- Cancel usage button
- re-did golem stats to balance them out better

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2016, 05:03:18 pm »
April 16, 2016
- alchemy mixer/testing shows known potions
- tweaked golems some more, goblin skelly, unique zombie carcasses
- took a lot of work and it not close to being done but you can now start towns with a Town Charter
- can buy a Town Charter from exporter, find land, click on charter, click "Create Town", put in a name and it will claim a 11x11 parcel area with the land you are on designated the Town Hall parcel and you are the mayor, build a Mayor's Desk and use it to edit the land and issue permits, build a Permit Board for players to buy parcel permits (only one at a time) so they can build that parcel (but buying doesn't work yet), eventually the mayor will approve the work done then the player will earn prestige and can buy more permits and build, some parcels (like shops) will remain under the ownership of the player so they can run it and manage any NPCs on it
- a lot of minor fixes here and there that I did along the town-making-code way that I forget

April 26, 2016
- players can Buy permits from the Permit Board
- mayors can revoke or approve a land permit that a player has bought, revoke does not give money/prestige back, it is meant to take a permit away from someone abusing it or not building what the mayor wants, approving a permit is done after a player is dont building the land parcel, approving removes rights to the land and awards the permt owner with 2X prestige that the permit is worth
- players not online when prestige awarded will gain it when they enter the world next, had to write a whole system to deal with this
- the NPC tab shows land owned and permitted, clicking on a list item will highlight it on the global map if it within view, probably need a "Land" tab adding for this instead of using the NPC tab
- entering/leaving owned or permitted land gives a message
- mushrooms can be harvested, planted and turned into paint, no use for paint yet but plan for it to be used on wood walls only, not stone walls, but also plan paint to be used to dye clothing and flooring, some day

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2016, 11:27:15 pm »
May 5, 2015
- added "Exporter" shop to Town buildings, once it bought by a player, an "Exporter Token" placed on the parcel that can be shifted around to where you want the Exporter NPC to spawn, it spawns when the mayor approves the land
- fixed a bug with usage on a carry item that reduces the items life (the item would not be removed properly when life hit zero), like when you use a pick on a rock to get pebbles, that should work good now
- can use wood plank on flat ground to get wooded surface

May 16, 2016
- ammo items that fall on claimed land, like arrows, can now be picked up by the ammo owner
- doors can be open/closed on owned/plot land by all, items not stealable though
- metal ores now require a minimum heat from a furnace, coal can boost heat by 1 over wood and also building better furnaces, higher level metals require more heat and more heat
- all wood walls can now be painted with all paint colors, WOOD walls only, stone walls are NOT paintable
- colored carpet can be made and used to surface the ground

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2016, 03:49:20 pm »
June 14, 2016

- WIPED WORLD AND PLAYERS!!!

- fixed plants/trees not growing right in biomes, like Plains should be low plants, forests should be medium and jungle should be very dense
- player level up BIG floating text that you can't miss... well, unless you are AFK, not looking at all
- added more minerals to mine, for alchemy
- added a wasteland terrain/biome
- caves: bats, rats and loot. It is a portal warp to a floating map that is 50x50 and is randomly generated. The farther from the middle start spot, the harder they get, be sure to check out the monsters levels before you rush in. Minerals may spawn in caves thus the world supply will be infinite like metal ore is thru golems. They also can have "search"-able items like rats' nests and pile of bones
- ruins: on the surface, can be sizes 10x10, 20x20 or 30x30, has skeletons and loot, the farther from middle start, the harder they are and better the loot
- added 'Game Philosophy' screen explaining stuff
- 30 seconds of death protection so a spawn killing gives you a chance to run or whatever, can only happen if you attune to a life stone that isn't in a start area or area that is protected
- quickness now adds (Quickness / 10) to work done for any usage, before it reduced wait time but if things get busy on the server, it could lag things
- new skill "Search", pretty much replaces V1/V2 Scan skill (when Stealth comes but not yet), for now it allows you to search things to get loot from it based on your skill, like searching a zombie carcass to find coin, the better your Search skill, the better the loot you will get. It will also some day find traps, hidden doors, stealthed entities, etc
- heavy blows on shields does stamina damage to target
- ammo(arrows) and death drops and usage results (like cutting up a rabbit carcass on the ground) should be pickup-able on claimed land
- disabled PK until I get OUTLAW code figured out, whenever that is

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2016, 12:25:06 pm »
June 22, 2016
- various minor fixes since the wipe
- combat skill roll changed from [0% to 100%] roll to [50% to 100%] of your skill value, I got tired of my 80 skilled player getting beat up by a 50 skilled monster, I should have made the change for the wipe but it got lost in the pile, keep in mind for V1/V2 reference, it like a skill 500 killing a skill 800, sort of
- yellow flash when you get hit with stamina damage, mainly from shields getting a heavy blow but also from drowning
- Stack All button... oh yeah
- in alchemy test form/panel I added a "Test All" button to help out, set the first ingredient to an organic then hit "Test All" then it will test it with all the minerals that you have, it does NOT test for Major, Mega or Gigas, but just for Minor, once a Minor potion found, it up to you to figure out the better ones

June 27, 2016
- moved "Move Up" and "Move Down" buttons to the Usage button area, opening up the left side in the FUTURE for other stuff like indicators showing that you are swimming, in mud (slowed down), going up/down hill, poison, bleeding, hungry, sad, etc.
- grayvyn, goblin and bandit carcasses are searchable. If you find nothing, it now gives a "nothing found" message

June 29, 2016
- forgot to add shield potions months ago when I added the skill, got it in now
- bridges

July 5, 2016
- tweaked Searchable items down a notch, they were too hard to close to middle start spot
- Search skill uses DEX/WIS instead of INT/WIS so it is more flexible with players attributes
- all ruins should have Searchables now
- alchemy plants get re-added on server restart if it is missing from a 50x50 biome/terrain, this fixes a bug that kills them off by other plants/trees, also coded a fix that should keep them from dying off again, i hope
- redwood trees should be fully cutable
- carry items should scroll properly

July 8, 2016
- edited searchable items again, added copper and silver to medium and higher ones and made silver and gold more rare to find
- towns can add/build a Safe Resurrect Spot that becomes PROTECTED land once approved, safe from attack, plus you get 4 life stones to place on the parcel as you wish
- added a message/alert when entering or leaving PROTECTED land
- tweaked monster speed, should be less fast for most, maybe
- revamped a LOT of monsters, mainly making them harder and expand out farther from middle start, so double check the level before you rush in for the kill
- fixed Bandits, they had wrong skill trained, so they should now be a challenge
- new monster for Arid Plains but no usage for carcasses yet, scorpions just spawn in desert now
- new monster for jungles, plus poison damage! No cure potion yet.

July 12, 2016
- fruit pickers added, doubles output from apple tree, raspberries, etc
- added popup indicators on the left for : mud (slow down), swimming, drowning, over burden, tired (stamina <= 2). Most of these conditions will slow down a player and it may not be obvious why all of a sudden your player is moving slower, so these help out.
- bigger and smaller monster images for some
- mud would slow down swimming, it no longer does since you are above it... swimming
- plants on town land that is "complete" will behave like plants on player owned land: no crowding rules, no seeds

July 28, 2016
- multi-view and alchemy view can now scroll
- fixed monster speed, maybe

August 1, 2016
- while creating a player, you can now pick a town starting spot IF the town has a protected resurrect spot built