Author Topic: I need help.  (Read 1576 times)

Offline Sacrifice

I need help.
« on: June 29, 2015, 09:40:46 pm »
I really can't figure out how to get string.

Edit: I am a tigertard.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 09:42:18 pm by Sacrifice »

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
Re: I need help.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 10:01:26 pm »
plant fiber...can use cattails or palm frowns(and possibly others I can't remember right now) then use the fiber to make string.
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 10:08:26 pm »
Okay so how do i get a pick?

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 12:11:21 am »
you start off mining with a stone shovel.  once you've mined some metal(tin is first toolable metal and you'll need 2) and built a furnace* you can refine 2 ore into bars, heat the bars, use one on the other to make a medium bar, then make a pick head from that bar...you'll need a hammer too.

*to build a furnace you'll need bricks** and mortar(limestone powder on water, it dries fast and you can't carry water so try to find a good source before you start) and you can load it with branches once its done(don't go looking for coal).

**use a small stone as a tool to make rough stone bricks for your first furnace.  even after you get stone bricks(using a metal tool) you probably won't be able to build a furnace from them without lots of grinding.  each better furnace does 1 more work per action so if you can find someone with good masonry to build you a red brick furnace, it will save you a ton of stam early on...since you'll probably have less than 30 refining, you'll only do 2 work per action and each action takes 5(or was it 3?) stam and copper takes 50 work to refine into bars so 125(75?) stam to make 1 copper bar...I could be off on a stam per action though.  also each metal doubles in amount of work needed so to refine tin takes 100 work, 250 stam(150?), so you'll have to double that just to get your medium bar for your first tin pick...or you can just keep using shovels :P

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 06:42:00 pm »
This brings up the issue of starter items actually. What should I be giving players. Um, need to get the whole story played out and maybe give some coin to spend on what they want at the start. Like 100 copper coin, enough to buy a weapon and some tools or save it and be able to claim land right off the boat. I need to start a story thread too.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 08:18:46 pm »
yay starter tools!  I was hoping for containers next, but thats a good idea too.

I don't think giving people cash right off is a good idea...could lead to someone creating an account giving a friend the cash then remaking over and over again.  all cash should be made in game, the way things were meant to be done. 

as far as starter tools go:
I really don't like the stone shovel thing, but you can't dig a hole with a pick(though there are picks that have a broad back side for scooping), so mining is really going to throw us off with the many different qualities of tools.  then again a tin pick would work if you can dig with it...

for weapons, if you get rid of stone tools(I'm hoping you will) then tin would be default for weapons and could be the start item...then when weapons break you'd need someone able to repair them/make new ones...which makes me think it would be nice to have more than 1 type for each metal so we crafters have more usages to get to the next tier(which takes a really long time).

also repairs!  I know you can resmith metal once it breaks, but for a swordsman to be in the middle of a fight and have his sword break then need it resmithed is bad.  would be nice to have to old repair method back for some stuff.  maybe even have max life go down on an item as it is repaired(ie sword that has 7/25 life would repair to 16/16 but would leave a normal bar once broken?).

as far as picks with broad backs I meant something like this:

best image I can find that isn't huge...

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 11:06:41 pm »
I would be happy with a starting pick/shovel for miners, everything else is secondary for me (i like mining)

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 11:33:39 pm »
once you add other skills(farming for example) thats a skill that will definitely need starting items(wooden hoe for starters that does 1 work and 10 work to plow a piece of land?).  it really depends on what gets added next...so far it just seems like V5 all over again...

and since I mentioned farming when you add the plow can you spell it right this time?  for all the years I've been playing RPGWO I've never seen it spelled right(plough is english, we all speak american).

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 12:14:06 am »
Containers? noooo, I can think of better stuff than that like magic, alchemy, NPCs, etc.

The stone tools were based on a sand box, no story, just throw you into a world and you make something of it, type theme. I want to leave them in cuz you never know when your tool breaks and you have nothing.

Yeah tin starter tools and no cash has worked in V1/V2 well.

I can see picks being able to dig holes like a shovel. Not sure if we would need shovels then. We'll see.

Not sure what you mean by more than one type of weapon for crafters to level. Like a handful of different swords that each have +2 skill required than the last? Plus the ore factor, which tin = 10.  Short = +0, Long = +2, Broad = +4, Great=+6. Something like that? Looks like it is +3 or +4 per level of sword.

Weapons are repairable using hammer on them. Tools aren't repairable yet. Should they be?
I did not implement the lowered max life when repaired.

A warriors weapon can break during battle, is realistic and fair to me. I even give warning that it is close.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2015, 01:15:13 am »
add white magic! pleasee!

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 01:38:26 pm »
Weapons are repairable using hammer on them. Tools aren't repairable yet. Should they be?
I did not implement the lowered max life when repaired.
didn't know that part...and no tools shouldn't be able to be repaired that way.

on weapon types: thats not quite what I meant, but its close enough to make it hard to explain, so go with that :P

while things like magic alchemy and npcs are great(and should definitely be high on the list) in my opinion a container would be better!  10X10 plots mean less space, so having a way to store junk(besides stacking it up on the ground) is good.  since I'm adding my opinions on what is more important, things I'd like to see in the order I want to see them:
containers
farming
alchemy
mules(or oxen?)

equipment spots
magic
moving items fix(when you're trying to move a stack and it picks up part of it and says you can only carry X of that item)
armors

construction(current walls are crazy hard to build)
cooking
jewelry
stacking/splitting fixed

npcs

gaps because there are probably things between each of those I'll think of later...but npcs are pretty low on what I'd want to see added for content.  to me they seem more end content than an actual game mechanic/player need.