Poll

What server files do you want to see

Future Files - Additional Content
Nexus Files - Touched up and Additional Content
Hex Files - Touched up and Additional Content
Tradeskill Range - 0-600 for Top Gear
Tradeskill Range - 0-1000 for Top Gear

Author Topic: New Server : V2 : What Files?  (Read 9452 times)

Offline Roarion

Re: New Server : V2 : What Files?
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2015, 04:37:50 pm »
Hope that server comes up soon. Thanks for making one. I enjoyed Future while it was around and I would play anything Roar has a hand in. Good luck can't wait to play it.

I'm not working on anything RPGWO related at the moment. All I've done for the Nexus server if it happens is offered to provide them with quest content to get the world running.

As i've said many times before, not enough people play anymore to put in the amount of work I usually do on a server.

Maybe if enough of the community contributes to this server maybe it will be more successful?

Honestly this doesn't work. Too many people have no idea what they are doing to make / contribute decently to a world. Not to mention that i've gotten burned in the past by admins (see Hexed and Carnage) who spread lies to their players that im ruining their world some how. Heck, one of them even told the entire player base that I was stealing their IPs and logging on with them. The reality of the situation was that she changed something in the world.ini that wouldn't allow players to log on.

I've never seen a worse group of admins then the people who currently have worlds up or are trying to get them up (excluding nexus). Letting players freely use each other accounts, infinite spawn quests, banning/muzzling people who complain about broken features, never logging on, never fixing appeals, giving away free items, accepting $ from players when they have done almost no work on the world, letting people freely bot/macro with no punishment, adjusting items to favor top players, handing out ini files for spell combos, I can go on and on.

The game is dead, and needs to be revitalized by something (v6 being good... aka a miracle). The Nexus server will probably be fun, but at the end of the day I can't see it getting many more then 20 players on open and then in a month will be dead.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 04:41:54 pm by Roarion »
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Nexus V2 - lvl 61 Stealth
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin
Retired - Unless V6 pulls a miracle

Offline Faran

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2015, 05:51:57 pm »
May I propose high level monsters with low damage, decent defs, mediocre mana reserves, randomly spawning around the world (say one per every five sectors per hour) sort of similar to the bh, but requiring teamwork to (potential stratagy) survive the onslaught of the creatures magical attacks until mana denial was an option and then thriving on the xp it generated?  maybe even spawning less commonly, or in particular shrines located throughout the world with different advantages/deterrents in the form of traps (hero, novas, heals) sparsely thrown around said shrines to make things more interesting?  Perhaps even with similar, significantly more dangerous monsters chancing to spawn at said shrines randomly

the idea here is to promote playerbase, as more individuals are required to be on regularly in order for a team effort to ever be coordinated.
also, i'm not beyond setting up cronjobs to text people of upcoming events, if desired, i would set up a portal for an admin to post the even to be held and the time it would be held, and all phone numbers who have registered (anonymously of course) would receive notification.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 05:56:34 pm by Faran »

Offline Faran

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2015, 05:53:23 pm »
as well as adding alcohol content to some potions, say to heal potions and attribute potions, limiting their uses in battle

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2015, 06:29:26 pm »
as well as adding alcohol content to some potions, say to heal potions and attribute potions, limiting their uses in battle

V2 does incorporate something similar already in that potions that restore health, stamina or mana have a diminishing effect after repeated uses over a certain period of time (use a potion to regain 25 mana, use it again within a few seconds to regain 24, etc.) and then it ticks back up towards the maximum effect you can get out of it over time. This even has an effect on stamina food gives.

I don't always see this being utilized on V2 worlds which leads me to believe it is something that can be turned off and on.
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline hazze

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2015, 10:48:01 pm »
It's option world-ini "USEPOTIONDEGRADERULES"

Offline King Dravien

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2015, 04:11:12 am »
May I propose high level monsters with low damage, decent defs, mediocre mana reserves, randomly spawning around the world (say one per every five sectors per hour) sort of similar to the bh, but requiring teamwork to (potential stratagy) survive the onslaught of the creatures magical attacks until mana denial was an option and then thriving on the xp it generated?  maybe even spawning less commonly, or in particular shrines located throughout the world with different advantages/deterrents in the form of traps (hero, novas, heals) sparsely thrown around said shrines to make things more interesting?  Perhaps even with similar, significantly more dangerous monsters chancing to spawn at said shrines randomly

the idea here is to promote playerbase, as more individuals are required to be on regularly in order for a team effort to ever be coordinated.
also, i'm not beyond setting up cronjobs to text people of upcoming events, if desired, i would set up a portal for an admin to post the even to be held and the time it would be held, and all phone numbers who have registered (anonymously of course) would receive notification.

I gotta be honest that sounds like a really crappy server IMO.....
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2015, 05:47:26 am »
he didn't say it this way, but I think he wants a quest that works like a siege...sort of(takes more than 1 player to do it).  regularly scheduled events get players online(if the timing isn't bad), and if its just a quest they can do randomly instead of having to wait til an event time it could get more players playing.  the shrine part of the suggestion would make for a good quest, ie shrine has some powerful entity haunting it, you fight through the minions to get to it and destroy it(or maybe I watch too much anime).

@Kaios, that was the worse thing Mickey ever added to RPGWO, even worse than clones and unearthed graves!
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline King Dravien

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2015, 07:45:05 am »
I think the ideas of potions clicking down is a good idea, It limits you from spamming health potions in PK and shows a level of "Immunity" to potions effects.
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline Saint

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2015, 09:07:35 am »
Does anyone know when the new server is opening up?

Offline Roarion

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2015, 10:05:44 am »

Maybe this weekend with some luck. It's Nexus files which were made by Mysti which were basically taking Mickeys V2 and freshening it up a bit. So there's a lot of stuff that needs to be fixed like all the monsters, some weapons, the armors make no sense, skills are not well distributed, items are randomly missing, and lots of other stuff that makes you scratch your head and ask, "what were they thinking?". Eddie is working on it by himself so it's basically when he can finish all that work.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 10:08:38 am by Roarion »
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin

Offline Vicious

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2015, 01:54:30 pm »
Well one of the main problems is that the people who like tradeskilling run out of things to do after only a short period of time, it's been proven time and time again that within the first week or two a group of players could be on the highest + jewelry, have access to the highest level of potion and be on the highest level of red magic spells, leaving no work to be done after that time, and since it's so easily reached in such a short time, potions especially with the help of multi-use, it makes a long term tradesman's ability to be useful very limited.

Not to mention the overall lack of usefulness of most of the tradeskills that we currently have, cooking is a completely pointless skill after about 100 cooking as that's all it requires to make any sort of decent food.

When I initially planned on making a server I had planned on cross overs between certain skills, such as you'd need parts from animals to use in alchemy recipes rather than just grinding a seed into a potion you'd need to mix different ingredients.

Other changes could be made that white magic spells like renew and such would either take alot more to learn/cast while food could give renewals or food could give higher renews making food a constant want/need.
Lv. 48 Sword - ST2 [R]
Lv. 52 Dagger - 2nd Shadow [R]
Lv. 48 Mace - Ataxia [R]
Lv. 53 Mage/Xbow - Nexus V2 [R]
Lv. 64 Bower - Stormy Coast [R]
Lv. 108 Axer - Rebirth [R]
Lv. 64 Mage - Calamity [R]
Lv. 62 Mage - Fancy Lad [R]
Lv. 68 Bower - Hex [R]
LV. 77 Mage - Hex [R]

Who counts Damon?

Offline Vicious

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2015, 02:01:19 pm »
And as I said before, it's great that people want to create a new world and pitch in to try to keep the game alive, but if you aren't willing to put in the staggering amount of effort and time to make something truly unique and of it's own, then don't expect the world to last more than a few weeks, all of the current content that's been used has been around for years and years, even if a few images here and there are changed the fundamentals of the server are unaltered which leaves the world you create with the same shortcomings of all those before.
Lv. 48 Sword - ST2 [R]
Lv. 52 Dagger - 2nd Shadow [R]
Lv. 48 Mace - Ataxia [R]
Lv. 53 Mage/Xbow - Nexus V2 [R]
Lv. 64 Bower - Stormy Coast [R]
Lv. 108 Axer - Rebirth [R]
Lv. 64 Mage - Calamity [R]
Lv. 62 Mage - Fancy Lad [R]
Lv. 68 Bower - Hex [R]
LV. 77 Mage - Hex [R]

Who counts Damon?

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2015, 05:28:25 pm »

Maybe this weekend with some luck. It's Nexus files which were made by Mysti which were basically taking Mickeys V2 and freshening it up a bit. So there's a lot of stuff that needs to be fixed like all the monsters, some weapons, the armors make no sense, skills are not well distributed, items are randomly missing, and lots of other stuff that makes you scratch your head and ask, "what were they thinking?". Eddie is working on it by himself so it's basically when he can finish all that work.

Tell Eddie if he needs help I am free and willing to lend a hand.

Offline Roarion

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2015, 06:38:43 pm »

I don't think he is planning on sharing the inis with anyone.
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2015, 10:02:00 pm »

Okay no problem, was just offering.

Offline Roarion

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2015, 09:17:45 am »

Okay no problem, was just offering.

If you wanted to draw a good quest map i'm assuming he would take that. I just immediately assumed ini work. You can pull the files from the auto-updater, if you can't get edit working you need to regsvr32 the missing files.
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2015, 03:04:57 pm »
Any idea what quests there already are so that i am not just making semi copies.

Offline Roarion

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2015, 04:01:09 pm »
Any idea what quests there already are so that i am not just making semi copies.

Honestly you could make almost anything you wanted. I've found a way to instantaneously replace items/monsters/surfaces/etc in map files so the quest could be changed to w/e he wanted in almost no time.
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2015, 05:12:15 pm »
Alright excellent.

Offline Saint

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2015, 08:16:17 pm »
any word on how the server is progressing?