Poll

What server files do you want to see

Future Files - Additional Content
Nexus Files - Touched up and Additional Content
Hex Files - Touched up and Additional Content
Tradeskill Range - 0-600 for Top Gear
Tradeskill Range - 0-1000 for Top Gear

Author Topic: New Server : V2 : What Files?  (Read 9456 times)

Offline King Dravien

New Server : V2 : What Files?
« on: June 22, 2015, 10:39:57 am »
Ok, So you all want a server but nobody wants to stand up with a host.

I'll host a world for you all to play. Vote for your files and what difficulty you want. you get 2 votes. 1 for a server and 1 for a skill range.

Tradeskill 0-600 would generally be a Steeltide/Carnage based world
Tradeskill 0-1000 would generally be a Hexed/Future based world

Any other suggestions eg potion max, jewels max simply post here and I'll fine tune it prior to opening.
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline Saint

Re: New Server : V2 : What Files?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 12:35:28 pm »
I actually like hex files, they're pretty cool and give a good foundation. anyway to add the magic system from carnage though, i kinda like it, though red magic was pointless it seemed

Offline King Dravien

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 01:18:14 pm »
I found the carnage magic system too easy to learn and make yourself self sufficient too early. each magic should have its strength, not a mixture of everythin with a different name.
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus

Offline Vicious

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 01:34:46 pm »
Sorry to all those proud of their super high levels in the recent servers but the servers as of hex forward have been more or less "easy mode" Gaining 5k+ exp at level 25-30 onward when back in the day 5k exp would be around the best exp you got anywhere from lvl 50-70. Now everyone may think that "Oh yay I am not stuck in the low level stages forever" But then you end up burning yourself out because you've leveled so high so fast and get bored quicker. Opening another server with ini's that haven't been drastically redone would just result in more of the same that we've been having where 1-2 people will just play because they have nothing better to do and hit silly levels while the rest of the world has quit around them. So please if you're going to open a new world make it a unique one.
Lv. 48 Sword - ST2 [R]
Lv. 52 Dagger - 2nd Shadow [R]
Lv. 48 Mace - Ataxia [R]
Lv. 53 Mage/Xbow - Nexus V2 [R]
Lv. 64 Bower - Stormy Coast [R]
Lv. 108 Axer - Rebirth [R]
Lv. 64 Mage - Calamity [R]
Lv. 62 Mage - Fancy Lad [R]
Lv. 68 Bower - Hex [R]
LV. 77 Mage - Hex [R]

Who counts Damon?

Offline King Dravien

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 01:43:15 pm »
Sorry to all those proud of their super high levels in the recent servers but the servers as of hex forward have been more or less "easy mode" Gaining 5k+ exp at level 25-30 onward when back in the day 5k exp would be around the best exp you got anywhere from lvl 50-70. Now everyone may think that "Oh yay I am not stuck in the low level stages forever" But then you end up burning yourself out because you've leveled so high so fast and get bored quicker. Opening another server with ini's that haven't been drastically redone would just result in more of the same that we've been having where 1-2 people will just play because they have nothing better to do and hit silly levels while the rest of the world has quit around them. So please if you're going to open a new world make it a unique one.

Leveling has always been just as easy and just as hard on every world. In the end *cough* most people just quit for months then complain that when they come back nobody is left.
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 02:05:53 pm »
Well before anyone commits to anything I would really like to see what is happening with Carnage and Hexed. Is Carnage going to open? Are they both remaining on the list? Is Mickey ever going to respond to any of this or is he going to stick his head in a hole in the ground?

Also I am under the impression a server using Nexus as the base files is already under way and could possibly be completed by this weekend but don't quote me on that timeframe.
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 08:12:55 pm »
Hoping for something like nexus, I would play the tiger out of a nexus remake.

Offline Vicious

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 12:54:27 am »
Leveling has always been just as easy and just as hard on every world.

Actually, prior to those worlds the top experience you could gain was half of what you could get a hit at the best, on Hex you could get 32000 exp a hit which happens to be the max amount of skill exp you can gain in one hit, anything more gives you 0 to your skill exp though spendable does go passed 32000. With level requirements throughout all servers being the same meant you would level much faster.

This is not the only problem true enough, a lack of Admin interaction with players  (Events, new content ect.) Is another reason for player loss over the course of the first few months.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 12:58:39 am by Vicious »
Lv. 48 Sword - ST2 [R]
Lv. 48 Mace - Ataxia [R]
Lv. 68 Bower - Hex [R]
LV. 77 Mage - Hex [R]

Who counts Damon?

Offline Alcuin

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 02:54:45 am »
I prefer the older Individualized Weapon skills to the Grouped ones that Hexed has, other that that I don't particularly care

Offline King Dravien

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2015, 05:58:02 am »
Well before anyone commits to anything I would really like to see what is happening with Carnage and Hexed. Is Carnage going to open? Are they both remaining on the list? Is Mickey ever going to respond to any of this or is he going to stick his head in a hole in the ground?

Also I am under the impression a server using Nexus as the base files is already under way and could possibly be completed by this weekend but don't quote me on that timeframe.

If somebody else opens one then I wont just to save the playerbase being split but if Eddie doesn't bother then I'll open one for the peeps.

I have no intention of playing as a regular char anymore, level 82 on Future and level 41-2 within a week on Carnage was enough to satisfy my RPGWO hunger.  While i wont play I'd at least like to host a world and find content for it and advertise for the playerbase.
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2015, 08:26:50 am »
If somebody else opens one then I wont just to save the playerbase being split but if Eddie doesn't bother then I'll open one for the peeps. I have no intention of playing as a regular char anymore, level 82 on Future and level 41-2 within a week on Carnage was enough to satisfy my RPGWO hunger.  While i wont play I'd at least like to host a world and find content for it and advertise for the playerbase.

Yeah that's fine, your offer is appreciated of course. I would still like to know what is happening with Hexed and Carnage though. I really wish Hexed would just get removed from the list already. (Carnage too but at least it has not been on there for as long)

Offline Saint

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2015, 08:58:00 am »
Hey your new world showed up on the list eddie!! yaaaay! now open the dang thing!

Offline King Dravien

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2015, 09:16:19 am »
Once a server goes online I'll lock this topic. It's funny that greatest didnt come to pitch his vote after his complaining i offered no solution. Kids these days.
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus

Offline Vicious

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2015, 10:25:44 am »
Once a server goes online I'll lock this topic. It's funny that greatest didnt come to pitch his vote after his complaining i offered no solution. Kids these days.

He was probably too busy telling Mickey he should add straw bedrolls to v6 that give you +10 to run or something useless.

I wasn't trying to discourage your efforts btw, I was just trying to add in that if someone was going to work on a new server that they should put the extra work in to make it their own rather than a re-hash.
Lv. 48 Sword - ST2 [R]
Lv. 48 Mace - Ataxia [R]
Lv. 68 Bower - Hex [R]
LV. 77 Mage - Hex [R]

Who counts Damon?

Offline Saint

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2015, 10:51:50 am »
Maybe if enough of the community contributes to this server maybe it will be more successful?

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2015, 11:03:13 am »
Maybe if enough of the community contributes to this server maybe it will be more successful?

Roughly half of our current community does not post on the forum at all. I'm sure there are some that do not even bother to read it.

As evidenced by certain individual's uncooperative behaviour, not everyone that is part of this community is so eager to make concessions towards an overall betterment of just a single server. I don't know if these people lack the ability to empathize with those that aren't interested in say, playing a two year old server, or if they are just oblivious to everyone's feelings in this regard.

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2015, 02:44:23 pm »
It's funny that greatest didnt come to pitch his vote after his complaining i offered no solution. Kids these days.
I voted Nexus files and 600 range.  you had a poll, I didn't think a post was necessary.
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Aero

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2015, 02:55:09 pm »
Hope that server comes up soon. Thanks for making one. I enjoyed Future while it was around and I would play anything Roar has a hand in. Good luck can't wait to play it.
Lol.

Offline Pokemon Steve

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2015, 03:26:26 pm »
this will turn out well \s

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2015, 04:02:15 pm »
Thank you for your contribution in adding a server to play on.