Author Topic: Carnage  (Read 14376 times)

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
Re: Carnage
« Reply #100 on: July 03, 2015, 09:25:49 am »
Says he who got to level 94 on Nexus. You stayed and played why?

Because the few people who still play this game that haven't disappeared and reappeared over the years more often than Tupac enjoy it enough that they are willing to subject themselves to poor admin behaviour and worlds plagued by a host of issues ranging from server related to illogical in-game statistics pertaining to monsters and items.

Honestly lady how bereft of activities are you that you have to pull this wolf every damn year? And if it's not you it is some asshat like Tommy. For the love of God, show some tigering empathy and put yourself in to the position of the 10+ players sitting around with their thumb up their ass while you monkey around with server code and mismanage the ini's. The last server I had any real interest in was Future and you idiots with your half-baked easy mode servers killed that one too.

Give it a rest already.
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #101 on: July 03, 2015, 10:31:29 am »
I just have a question for you guys and I am not trying to start an altercation, so please don't get upset.

What, other then the connectivity issues, is wrong with carnage in your opinions that is making you say that it's a bad server.

I have been on it for a few days (well a few hours each day) and I haven't seen any poor admin behavior. Of course there may have been disappointment in the past due to immaturity or what have you, but currently I can't see any reason to be so negative towards the people running carnage at the moment.

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #102 on: July 03, 2015, 01:26:01 pm »
I have been on it for a few days (well a few hours each day) and I haven't seen any poor admin behavior

I guess that would depend on your definition of "poor" behaviour.

Let's think for a minute, what does the job of being an administrator in RPGWO entail exactly? Creating and updating interesting content, fixing/resolving bugs, issues and appeals, enforcing the rules of the game world and most importantly to maintain a fair environment for all players. The list could easily go on but I think those are the essential tasks that any administrator would be required to provide.

Now let's give some (factual) examples of what I have seen makes an admin a poor one:

1. Give admin/mod to your friends/inner circle rather than giving a position based on merit;
2. Muzzling and/or banning players for attempting to give you criticism;
3. Creating a rehashed world with absolutely no additional/new content;
4. Creating a world that is too easy, diminishing the triumphant feeling of extensive progress;
5. Opening a world that falls under the criteria of either #3, #4 or both at the same time another person is attempting to open a world;
6. Spread malicious rumours regarding your fellow players;
7. Deity boost or give some other type of advantage to your player base (Or even worse, only a portion of them - This relates to #4);
8. (ACTUAL EVIDENCE PENDING) Cheat for your players/friends;
9. Playing your server as an actual player. (This is bad because if you want to play then do what I said and let someone else run a world); and
10. "Playing" your server as an "actual" player. (Similar to above but they create the player character on their admin account).

I am sure I could think of more but I am at work and I don't want to spend too much more time on this argument for now so I will just say that we have been here so many times before and honestly I am just getting tired of trying to explain to these people what they are doing is wrong, they just don't get it and Mickey does absolutely nothing to help this situation. If he thinks he is going to get money from anyone when he can't even prove he gives a wolf about the players offering said compensation for his hard work then he can think again.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 01:28:06 pm by Kaios »

Offline Mystiful

« Reply #103 on: July 03, 2015, 01:53:33 pm »
Tracert 

Offline King Dravien

« Reply #104 on: July 03, 2015, 02:09:32 pm »
Says he who got to level 94 on Nexus. You stayed and played why?

You didnt admin that server, It was yet another world you created then abandoned for others to pick up the pieces.  I started playing long after you left and UT took over the world. At which point the world was stable.

Go back to being a player Mysti, you'd been at least half good at that.
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline Mystiful

« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2015, 02:26:09 pm »
So much hate. No one has said you have to play Carnage.....don't bother checking it out. The ones playing it love it and they are the reasons I made it and pay for the host out of my own pocket. I have never asked for or accepted a dime from any of my worlds nor will I ever. That includes the two of you (you know who you are) that has begged for special weapons, extra land, extra characters and tried to pay for it.

I made Nexus from scratch and I did Admin it the first 5 months. It was very busy and very successful. My grandmother died and my daughter had problems post childbirth in a 3 week timespan. Real life comes first.

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2015, 02:40:52 pm »
That includes the two of you (you know who you are) that has begged for special weapons, extra land, extra characters and tried to pay for it.

Actually no, unless you are talking about Cham nobody has a clue who you are referring to. Nothing wrong with extra land though.

In any event, I don't think anyone has mentioned that you were ever asking for or receiving money either. As far as cheating goes even deity boosting falls under that category in my opinion so I just mean things like that.

Yes, real life comes first but all you have just given was a reason for why it happened one time, when there have been several worlds you started and left for whatever reason. One might assume a logical thinking person would stop trying to run a world after this has happened on several occasions.

To conclude, yeah no one has said we have to play Carnage but what else is there to play if not that? Hexed? Yeah right. Like I have explained countless times already, the same world has been up forever now and Carnage is basically a replica of that world and any person who actually gives a wolf about ALL of the players on this game and not just the few that "love it" (it being Carnage) would give someone else a go for a little while.

You call it hate, I call it telling you how it is.

Offline King Dravien

« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2015, 03:30:58 pm »
None of us can play carnage now, we are all ban on site i imagine.
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #108 on: July 03, 2015, 04:59:44 pm »
they found a work around for the connection thing: if you click the appeal button when your connection freezes it connects. 

so with that said and the only reason I started this thread was because carnage was removed from the list, and there were no other playable servers(still aren't): I'm going to lock this thread now...seems it has gone far from where and why it was started.
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?