Author Topic: Carnage  (Read 14148 times)

Offline Alcuin

Re: Carnage
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2015, 04:38:38 pm »
Seems to me that all of these servers just end up being killed by drama. Would be real nice to see a server that actually cares about the players playing it, rather than everyone's drama.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 04:42:44 pm by Alcuin »

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2015, 06:04:13 pm »
Seems to me that all of these servers just end up being killed by drama. Would be real nice to see a server that actually cares about the players playing it, rather than everyone's drama.
One of the best features rpgwo has is its chat that allows you to /ignore players ect. Given things can and some times do get out of hand. But thats any MMO i have ever played, EVER. If you have a problem with a player who is spewing non sense on globals or in tells /ignore will completely ffix it.

Well, it seems to me that the players would prefer small, temporary, "quest" worlds to me since after 3 months, most are bored?

Maybe admins should focus on small, specific quest worlds. They are easier to make, don't need to do serious admining on them and they expect players to not stick around. They could carry over the players from world to world too. All the quests that admins (and myself) had made could be seen by all. Instead of a big world with many quests, admins can focus on a big quest and really put a lot of detail into it.

I don't know. I just feel I need to re-learn the V2 system soon.

Mickey if you want to throw up a v2 to get back into it why not launch a functional fantasy v2? Mission servers ect are only quick trills and die out after a week.

Kaios is on the right track really, no mater how steep you make trade skill or in depth you make it, there's always players who put in a ton of hours daily and finish content quick. Servers are fun and really only enjoyable for about 3 months. Some people stick around for me. Point is what rpgwo needs is not hacks like tommy or people who dont have any real intent on making a good server rather then say "i own this server". What it needs are people like Roarion or Eddie who will host a FAIR server with no corruption, a decent balance and will actually do appeals on a daily bases. And not launch a server with broken mines, a magic system that makes no sense, and tradeskill content that can be finished in one good night of playing.

Not that any one gives two wolfs about my opinion but there it is.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 06:08:16 pm by gimpy »

Offline Saint

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2015, 06:18:34 pm »
Just curious, I only know tommy from the server hexed, which wasnt THAT bad. So just curious as to why he is universally hated? what happened?

Offline King Dravien

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2015, 06:56:45 pm »
Tommy didnt create a thing on Hexed, the files had been created by Roarion originally. when Mystiful gave up on Hexed (Reoccuring theme right?) Tommy took over to try seem like the hero when in reality Cham paid him cash for custom weapons, training rooms etc etc.

Tommy then according to Mickey and other people then tried to steal Carnage from Mysti as well.

Generally he's just a little zebra who doesnt have any of his own ideas but likes the idea of having other peoples hard work.
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2015, 06:59:16 pm »
Topple that with a nice 200 hero trap in town, quest that are basicly training rooms, and items that really take any kind of effort out of the grind that is rpgwo. That is hexed.

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2015, 02:46:09 am »
would be nice to have atleast 1 open server that hasn't been going for a year and a half(Feb 5, 2014 really?), but Mickey always adds molds even though we tell him every time they suck!  if someone is willing to make a server that doesn't have molds even with basic content* I'd play it...I was playing carnage even with the broken mines, so I don't need much.

*by basic content I'd want trade skills working, monsters in game, and atleast resourcer, mule, and trader npcs.  can have them standing in a corner near start point for all I care.  no town is really needed unless you want to add quests and whatnot.
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Saint

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2015, 09:08:18 am »
Really it doesn't seem like it would be that much of a problem to make a half way decent server. I don't understand why carnage couldn't just stay up even though they were having drama.

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2015, 12:29:01 pm »
Really it doesn't seem like it would be that much of a problem to make a half way decent server. I don't understand why carnage couldn't just stay up even though they were having drama.

It really isn't all that difficult to create a world that is both balanced and enjoyable when you put a bit of effort in to it which is exactly what Tommy does not do.

I think Mysti is a bit of a better admin in terms of content updates/quest additions but like Dravien said earlier her disappearing act in the middle of an on-going server is a reoccurring theme for sure. I also agree with his point about Tommy not really putting in any work of his own and simply using the hard work of others to make himself feel like he's contributing when really he is not.
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline hazze

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2015, 04:56:25 pm »
I have a basic server up Greatest

Offline Roarion

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2015, 04:58:45 pm »

Carnage was so broken that they needed to close it just to fix some of the bugs.

It's not hard to create your average rpgwo world with Hex files, but my files have been running for 3-4 yrs now and it would be nice to see something new which Carnage wasn't. Player base is at an all time low and there's just no incentive anymore to build a new server. 15 people will log on at peak, and then two weeks later the worlds empty.

It looks like they are trying to bring Carnage back. Plz... no... help us, lol.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 05:01:22 pm by Roarion »
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Nexus V2 - lvl 61 Stealth
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin
Retired - Unless V6 pulls a miracle

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2015, 12:30:19 am »
I have a basic server up Greatest
connect info?
carnage is back in the list, but doesn't seem to be up...guess they broke something else now >:(

Offline Faran

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2015, 09:58:27 am »
Maybe it's just me, but I actually love the idea Mickey proposed for an Arena world.. that's the wonderful thing about the engine he's developed for us here, is that with a little creativity an entirely new style of play can be created from simple INI manipulation.

Although, I already forsee one problem with the idea, perhaps it could be cirpigvented.. but for instance, I unfortunately have this life thing to deal with during the day, and my life doesn't permit me to play RPGWO at work..

So anyone who say, doesn't do anything but live in their parents basement guzzling mountain dew and trying earnestly to beat the previous day's calorie record is going to have an obvious edge in terms of levelling up, and in a world where a majority of the exp comes from non-stop PKs, after twenty four hours they would pretty much run wolf unopposed.  Perhaps monsters that only pursued the highest level player on the server.  With superior firepower.

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2015, 11:18:27 am »
I think it has been made abundantly clear that there are a majority of players that are for something newer than Hexed and better/less issues than Carnage so I feel it would be appropriate to hear something official from the man in charge as to whether or not he is going to address these concerns or if he is simply going to continue to enable the people running these absolutely terrible worlds.

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2015, 11:24:08 am »
actually you got it wrong: weapon that allows you to start with the highest skill wins!  if you can't level your weapon skills without killing someone and you have a lower weapon skill you're screwed.

ie: bow is usually dex/2 while sword is (str+dex)/3, 100 dex means max start of 50 for bow, 100 str 100 dex means 66(67?) start for sword...add to that missle def is usually (dex+qui)/3 so missle def starts at 66(67?) and you've just removed a weapon choice!  even worse being a mage!  black magic is usually (int+wis)/4 meaning the highest you'll start is 50, magic defense is (str+dex+qui+int+wis)/5 so a fighter starting with 100 dex, str, and qui(usually don't have enough points to put them all at 100, but just for ease) starts with 64 magic defense, you might get lucky and land a spell, but odds are you'll be dead fast...

if PK is the only weapon xp then the first fighter to win a fight rules the server!

@Kaios, I would run what I made, but I never finished magic :P

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2015, 11:38:14 am »
@Kaios, I would run what I made, but I never finished magic :P

For real though man I have always been aware of at least one person I would consider to be a good admin that is working on a world/wants to put one up but their plans always end up getting ruined by these idiots throwing up half-done servers with an assortment of various issues. Do they ever ask the community for input? When was the last time anyone saw Tommy or Mysti posting here looking for ideas/suggestions/critique regarding a world they want to put up?

The fact is they don't care to put in that amount of effort and their worlds are poorer for it, they hardly even listen to critique/suggestions in the form of appeals! On several occasions I had appealed issues on Carnage and I don't think a single one of the problems I listed were dealt with. Why the hell is Cham (supposed event admin that never ran a single event) answering appeals on that server!? Why is a player famous for buying custom gear and cheating with an admin/having admins cheat for him even considered for a position at all?

It might seem strange to get so worked up about this kind of thing over a 15 year old game but having been apart of it for so long now and STILL finding enjoyment in playing I can't help but feel I've grown attached over the years.

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2015, 10:12:29 am »
Alright so Future is closed (Called that one early by the way but Mickey also did nothing then to help it), we've gone over why Hexed is bad, Carnage is still not working and as per usual Mickey is being a useless zebra.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 10:14:04 am by Kaios »

Offline Saint

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2015, 10:53:51 am »
Sooooooo what's everyone up to while we wait for servers? They teased me with relisting carnage but then it is only letting admins log in for the past couple of days.

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2015, 11:52:16 am »
My vote is roarion relaunches hex 3, using original hex files the ones that arent tigered. it is outplayed content and i know it gets old. but its finished and no one has to do anything but host it. Or i would play an empty PK server off working inis. Just a lifestone and go kind of thing

Offline Saint

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2015, 11:59:24 am »
I like the idea of hex 3, and if he's felling froggy he could add on to them. I actually love the hex files.

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2015, 12:04:40 pm »
though the idea of a lifestone and go server seems fine, I'd want a mule!  so we need a mule npc...and a trader npc, and a resourcer npc so crafters can make a little cash to afford the mules/land.  like I said in my other post:
*by basic content I'd want trade skills working, monsters in game, and atleast resourcer, mule, and trader npcs.  can have them standing in a corner near start point for all I care.  no town is really needed unless you want to add quests and whatnot.

I'd play a Hex3, first Hex was great the first couple weeks before my boss decided I had to work 12 hour shifts for 3 weeks and I had no online time...