Author Topic: Carnage  (Read 14156 times)

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
Carnage
« on: June 16, 2015, 11:40:32 pm »
not in the list anymore, what happened?
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Roarion

Re: Carnage
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 08:43:01 am »
not in the list anymore, what happened?

1) It was super broken (spawns, ores, magics, etc) and they ran out of quest content early.

2) From what I understand Hexed admins are not playing nice on the world. It might make a comeback, slim chances I would assume.

3) Pray to the admins that someone puts up a new world or play Hexed.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 08:47:26 am by Roarion »
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Nexus V2 - lvl 61 Stealth
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin
Retired - Unless V6 pulls a miracle

Offline Saint

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 09:23:35 am »
Kind of wondering why no one plays hexed. it has a lot of content but everyone disappeared when carnage went down. where did everyone go? :(

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 10:35:48 am »
Kind of wondering why no one plays hexed. it has a lot of content but everyone disappeared when carnage went down. where did everyone go? :(

Nobody wants to play a server that has been up for how long now? A year, possibly two? I don't see why this is so hard for some people to understand, and don't even get me started on how poor of a world Hexed is in terms of balance. I am sure you have seen some of my previous posts regarding this sort of subject and obviously I get quite worked up.

Point being, Hexed is bad and should have been taken down a long time ago. Carnage is just as bad, if not worse but since it is new that is why people played it and they continued to do so because players stuck around too despite the issues.

Players > Content always.
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Saint

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 10:57:12 am »
woooh there, no need to be hostile. I was just wondering where everyone was playing since carnage was down and no one is really sure when it's coming back up.

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 11:04:01 am »
woooh there, no need to be hostile. I was just wondering where everyone was playing since carnage was down and no one is really sure when it's coming back up.

Sorry if you feel like I am being confrontational but my hostility is not directed at you, it is more directed towards the admin that refuses to close the long-standing, poorly made and poorly ran world.

So to answer your question, the people (person? lol) that continued to play Hexed even while Carnage was up would likely still be playing there. Everybody else is waiting.

Offline Saint

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 11:13:47 am »
do you know why carnage is down?

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 11:19:24 am »
do you know why carnage is down?

As I understand it there is some internal drama going on between the admins and one of them asked to have it taken down in the meantime.

Can't create a world without major issues, can't work with each other without drama and they are incapable of reliably adding any enjoyable content in a reasonable amount of time. They sound like very capable and mature individuals fit for administrative duty, don't they?

/sarcasm

Oh and Cham as an admin on any world is a joke and a half.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 11:21:44 am by Kaios »

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 11:26:20 am »
Why don't you make a server kaios

Offline Saint

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2015, 11:36:34 am »
Yea at this point anyone who is willing to make a half stable world and then just not ruin it would be my vote for rpgwo president. Though I personally kind of liked how hexed combined certain weapon skills together and carnages magic system was kind of cool though red magic was redundant

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2015, 12:24:21 pm »
For a change of pace, I could make an Arena type world pretty quick. Like 200 size, a lot of maze with some open, obstacle areas, no monsters, no harvesting or mining, resources spawn in the maze. Someone like Roarion could admin it. Oh and "Death Before Disco" of course.

I know I made Labrynth a few years ago so I guess it would be similar but no monsters. All XP must be from PK and some crafting like blacksmith, alchemy, magic, etc. No NPCs either.

It would be good for me to make something, in order to re-familiarize myself with building and content so I can see what worked well in order to apply it to V6.

Let me know.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Saint

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2015, 12:38:24 pm »
eh better than nothing I guess, though i've been craving a good long running standard world

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2015, 12:45:51 pm »
Why not make a mission world, those were always fun.

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2015, 12:47:14 pm »
Why don't you make a server kaios

Because I don't want to make one, I want to play one and in my opinion anyone who is creating a world should not also be playing it. Might suck if you are someone that wants to play the one you made but I strongly feel an admin playing their own server only leads to accusations of cheating and/or helping friends.

Furthermore as I have already stated countless times, we have admins that are both willing and capable, there is no need for someone like myself to start their own too.

For a change of pace, I could make an Arena type world pretty quick. Like 200 size, a lot of maze with some open, obstacle areas, no monsters, no harvesting or mining, resources spawn in the maze. Someone like Roarion could admin it. Oh and "Death Before Disco" of course.

I know I made Labrynth a few years ago so I guess it would be similar but no monsters. All XP must be from PK and some crafting like blacksmith, alchemy, magic, etc. No NPCs either.

It would be good for me to make something, in order to re-familiarize myself with building and content so I can see what worked well in order to apply it to V6.

Let me know.

No thank you though I do appreciate your offer. I think players are looking for a more serious world at this time, not to say you wouldn't take creating it seriously but I mean that more people would prefer a fantasy/medieval type world with tradeskills, quests and maybe some forced PK sectors for some PvP action.

Offline Saint

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 12:50:14 pm »
I agree with Kaios last post about kind of wanting a more standard server, maybe keeps some of the ideas the last couple of servers had. I wish the community of admins could come together and make an amazing server and there not be drama :(

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2015, 01:11:09 pm »
Well, it seems to me that the players would prefer small, temporary, "quest" worlds to me since after 3 months, most are bored?

Maybe admins should focus on small, specific quest worlds. They are easier to make, don't need to do serious admining on them and they expect players to not stick around. They could carry over the players from world to world too. All the quests that admins (and myself) had made could be seen by all. Instead of a big world with many quests, admins can focus on a big quest and really put a lot of detail into it.

I don't know. I just feel I need to re-learn the V2 system soon.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2015, 01:36:38 pm »
Well, it seems to me that the players would prefer small, temporary, "quest" worlds to me since after 3 months, most are bored?

Maybe admins should focus on small, specific quest worlds. They are easier to make, don't need to do serious admining on them and they expect players to not stick around. They could carry over the players from world to world too. All the quests that admins (and myself) had made could be seen by all. Instead of a big world with many quests, admins can focus on a big quest and really put a lot of detail into it.

I don't know. I just feel I need to re-learn the V2 system soon.

Personally I am fine with a fully functioning world only lasting a few months if that is how long players are interested in it, I had said before that the early stages of the game are indeed the most interesting anyways.

My main concern regarding players getting bored after a short amount of time relates more to how much new content is being introduced regularly, are there any admins running events, are there long-term goals for players to reach with some meaningful benefit (Upwards of 700 in a tradeskill for example) and how god damn easy the server has been made. (Or if the admins are giving out deity boosts, significantly increasing the rate of progression to a point where they take the fun away).

All issues that could be easily resolved if you were to simply allow only one, responsible and capable person, to run a server of their own. (With supporting staff if necessary)

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2015, 01:47:27 pm »
Well, I would be happy to play any kind of server, although Kaios's version sounds great, a small temporary server would be fun as well.

Anything would be good lol.

Offline Saint

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2015, 02:09:13 pm »
plus on the whole small mission server thing, people tend to lose interest really fast

Offline King Dravien

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2015, 02:49:43 pm »
Tommy : The destroyer of RPGWO V2
Cham : The long standing joke of RPGWO

Its a shame Mysti gets taken in by these retards
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum