Author Topic: Carnage  (Read 14147 times)

Offline Gimpy

Re: Carnage
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2015, 12:46:04 pm »
Any decent trader worth anything can make money with out a npc. and Mule npc can be fixed i think by using /mulebuy command?

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2015, 12:55:43 pm »
and Mule npc can be fixed i think by using /mulebuy command?

That is only if Mickey left the command in for V2 and if there's also no hard code nonsense involved.

If there is any chance at all in getting a reasonable amount of people to play a new world any current open world needs to be closed and removed from the list which I really doubt is going to happen considering the guy who puts them on there lacks the testicular fortitude to tell a little boy it's time to close his wolfty world.
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2015, 01:37:08 pm »
From what i see only goat plays hexed, and pheonix just needs to be removed? I dont see any likely hood on carnage coming back and from alot of my friends are saying they wont play it anyways, its such a poor excuse for a server.. Only thing appealing about it is 10-15 players

Offline hazze

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2015, 02:53:20 pm »
How do I get world added to official updater? Just pm mickey ?

Offline King Dravien

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2015, 04:59:56 pm »
You dont because you dont have any idea what you're doing. Thats partially the point of this topic.
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2015, 05:42:15 pm »
You dont because you dont have any idea what you're doing. Thats partially the point of this topic.
What he said

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2015, 07:45:01 pm »
How do I get world added to official updater? Just pm mickey ?
yep, that works!
are you planning to make a world?  if not piss off and don't try to stop someone who is.  right now there is no rpgwo, and some of us actually want to play.  in case you haven't read anything in this thread(I'm guessing you didn't from that post) most of us want a playable world and as long as it is playable we don't care much about extra content.
Any decent trader worth anything can make money with out a npc. and Mule npc can be fixed i think by using /mulebuy command?
what about someone who starts as an alchemist?  you need land to grow plants to make large amounts of potions...can't make money without selling those potions.  a resourcer isn't a shop type npc that can be abused, it takes basic-intermediate items in groups of 10 and gives a small amount of coins.  also no, Mickey broke /mulebuy when he made V2...but no one cared because of all the fun new features.
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2015, 09:47:30 pm »
then sell your potions to people who need them and have a means of making gold?

And no the majority of this post was to point out that not just ANY one should be making and listing servers. THATS THE POINT. like tommy or mysti or hazze

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2015, 04:59:48 am »
And no the majority of this post was to point out that not just ANY one should be making and listing servers. THATS THE POINT. like tommy or mysti or hazze
Or i would play an empty PK server off working inis. Just a lifestone and go kind of thing
do you think before you post?

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2015, 05:02:42 am »
Or i would play an empty PK server off working inis. Just a lifestone and go kind of thing
do you think before you post?

There is alot more to making a working server then just adding a lifestone and going. if you did more then blacksmith and alch for 3 days then quit you would know this.

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2015, 05:20:12 am »
are you planning to make a world?  if not piss off and don't try to stop someone who is.  right now there is no rpgwo, and some of us actually want to play.  in case you haven't read anything in this thread(I'm guessing you didn't from that post) most of us want a playable world and as long as it is playable we don't care much about extra content.

I am more than willing to give players a chance if they think they can put up a decent world but they do need to realize that the majority of players do in fact want something with a little effort put in to it. That means at least one town, beginner to higher level quests, possibly a siege (with a lesser hero boost), maybe an event or two, etc.

I personally have found that the "lifestone and go" servers don't last long at all anymore, they were more for the die hard PK server fans and not our current crowd really.

So yes while it is true that the point behind what I am saying is because we do have those that are fully capable and willing that we know can run a fair server I am not opposed to giving interested parties a chance and then we have the individuals spoken of in this thread already that have made it quite clear they lack certain necessary abilities in order to successfully create and run a fun and fair Rpgwo world. Anybody else is just in-between until they prove otherwise.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 05:22:53 am by Kaios »

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2015, 08:18:10 am »
There is alot more to making a working server then just adding a lifestone and going. if you did more then blacksmith and alch for 3 days then quit you would know this.
I wanted more than a lifestone, you were the one who said:
I've never played a server for 3 days and quit unless it had major issues that made it unplayable.  the fact that I was playing carnage even with the mining problems shows that I'm actually open to letting an admin make a few mistakes if they're willing to fix them(or atleast try). 

if you're referring to my departure from future, well that goes into the major issues that make a server unplayable. 
you have to eat or you die
only source of food was fishing
I had fishing well over the 100 mark(I want to say I was around 170 with boosts, but its been a while)
I tried fishing up to 2 sectors away from start sector(10 quickness crafter I don't like to travel)
it took me 10-15 mins to catch 1 fish no matter where I was
best fish gave 150 food(or best I caught, smaller ones gave less, there may have been larger)
food bar ran down fast(about 70 every half hour)
that means playing for 2 hours you run through 280 food
you'd need atleast 2 fish to cover that, and thats 20-30 minutes of fishing(essentially 1 more fish)

so my choices were spend 30-50% of my game time fishing, die of starvation a lot, or walk away...I walked away.

Offline King Dravien

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2015, 08:32:37 am »
I had fishing on future and was netting 20-30 fish per minute by fishing in spots everybody hadnt spammed, The same system RPGWO has always had for fishing.

You need to eat 2 fish in 2 hours? OMFG what a burden for you, this game must have always been difficult for a zebra like you.

You're the kind of person we need rid of, and thats saying a lot for the lack of players that we have. You dont "play" a server. You login then complain something isnt easy enough for you.

RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2015, 08:52:13 am »
You're the kind of person we need rid of, and thats saying a lot for the lack of players that we have. You dont "play" a server. You login then complain something isnt easy enough for you.
I didn't complain once that something wasn't easy...I first appealed thinking it was a bug/glitch of some kind.  after being told it was working fine I left the server.  never logged in there again.  as far as the kind of person that we need rid of, take a look in the mirror.  right now there isn't a single server open and playable besides hex(year and a half old) and the 1 person thinking of opening a server you tell:
You dont because you dont have any idea what you're doing.
if he doesn't know what hes doing you could offer to help him, or even open a server of your own instead of coming here bitching.  I don't know what your problem is, maybe your mom didn't love you enough as a kid, maybe you enjoyed it too much when your dad sodomized you as a kid, whichever it is I don't care, but if you're not going to help with something stop bitching when someone else is trying something if you're just sitting on your ass!

Offline Roarion

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2015, 09:54:24 am »
Long story short Mickey, farm animals in v6 or GTFO. I want to kill 5 cows (they breed like rabbits you know?) and not have to worry about food for 2 weeks.

I need to make a fishing meme.  :P
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Nexus V2 - lvl 61 Stealth
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin
Retired - Unless V6 pulls a miracle

Offline King Dravien

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2015, 10:33:31 am »
Ok, If thats all the game needs.

I'll host a server and pay for it. if Roar agree's to lend his updating skills and another lends themselves as a peoples person mod/admin then you can pick whatever files you want.

Roarion is the only person I would trust to admin a server and update it without tigering it up. 

Pick your files and PM me, Majority wins.
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2015, 11:19:51 am »
I didn't have any issue with fishing on Future, I even had a trader setup with a bunch of the different types for sale.

It was a great world in that he utilized new images and animations as well as incorporated more intricate methods of progression and set reasonable goals/requirements for obtaining better trade skill equipment (ie. upgrading the tools).

Being able to upgrade each level of weapon without actually raising its requirement to use was also nice as well as it gave a fighter the chance to increase their damage output before actually getting to the point where they move on to the next weapon.

I don't know how many quests were available or how they looked but I saw several in my short time of playing and I think they progressed up to a fairly high level. The town looked nice and it had all of the amenities one might need in an rpgwo server without including NPC traders filled with a never-ending gold source.

All in all it was a well done and unique world which Roarion of course received very little praise for and it ended up dying for various reasons but the main two being:

1. Mickey refused my request to shut down Hexed despite explaining to him exactly what has happened and would happen and did; and
2. Certain individuals refused to participate in a "modern" server even though it included the use of magics and in my opinion was really half-modern half-fantasy style (Also I guess the images were more futuristic looking which turns the fantasy lovers off).

The point I am trying to get to is, Carnage, a rehashed server controlled by childish admins and fraught with issues ended up with more players than a server which included new/unique mechanics and was just overall well done. To me it seems like many players simply do not know what they want in a world and rather than give ample chance towards something new they will go back to what they know which is rather unfortunate.

Edit: Oh and really Mickey, Tommy already had Hexed up but you allowed him/Mysti to put ANOTHER world on the list? Honestly man you go out of your way to help these morons but cannot even bother to help out the people who actually care about putting up a decent world.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 11:25:16 am by Kaios »

Offline Vicious

« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2015, 09:43:42 pm »
I don't know. I just feel I need to re-learn the V2 system soon.

That is a very good idea, there is so much potential that could be unlocked with v2, I have a whole slew of ideas that I'd like to pitch to you for updates to the games hard coding if you'd be willing to follow through with changes, if you found them appealing of course.
Lv. 48 Sword - ST2 [R]
Lv. 52 Dagger - 2nd Shadow [R]
Lv. 48 Mace - Ataxia [R]
Lv. 53 Mage/Xbow - Nexus V2 [R]
Lv. 64 Bower - Stormy Coast [R]
Lv. 108 Axer - Rebirth [R]
Lv. 64 Mage - Calamity [R]
Lv. 62 Mage - Fancy Lad [R]
Lv. 68 Bower - Hex [R]
LV. 77 Mage - Hex [R]

Who counts Damon?

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2015, 02:55:01 pm »
Carnage is back, seems its been wiped...not sure if mines are working now, I'll post again if they aren't.

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2015, 03:53:59 pm »
whyyyyy