Author Topic: Running a local server helpz  (Read 3347 times)

Offline Aero

Running a local server helpz
« on: May 23, 2015, 08:29:33 pm »
So I wanted to run a local v2 to play on and mess with stuff for something to do. But I'm pretty much an idiot so I need help if anyone would instruct me on doing this.

I downloaded the server files and the fancy files as well as the updater files. I moved itemdef.dat, animation.dat, monster.dat and itemuse.dat files from the server to fancy files. Renamed fancy.files as local.files and moved it into my client folder that runs the autoupdater. I start the server2.exe and let the map generate etc. It says "Server ready" in chat. I open my autoupdater and select local and it says "Runtime error 9 Subscript out of range" Says the same thing if i try specifying the IP and port. I saw someone say something about adding your IP to a certain list? Is this maybe the connect.ini?

Once again I'm a pretty severe noob at this so step by step directions would help. Thanks for anyone who helps :)
Lol.

Offline Roarion

Re: Running a local server helpz
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 10:38:40 pm »
So I wanted to run a local v2 to play on and mess with stuff for something to do. But I'm pretty much an idiot so I need help if anyone would instruct me on doing this.

I downloaded the server files and the fancy files as well as the updater files. I moved itemdef.dat, animation.dat, monster.dat and itemuse.dat files from the server to fancy files. Renamed fancy.files as local.files and moved it into my client folder that runs the autoupdater. I start the server2.exe and let the map generate etc. It says "Server ready" in chat. I open my autoupdater and select local and it says "Runtime error 9 Subscript out of range" Says the same thing if i try specifying the IP and port. I saw someone say something about adding your IP to a certain list? Is this maybe the connect.ini?

Once again I'm a pretty severe noob at this so step by step directions would help. Thanks for anyone who helps :)

You cannot do local connection for V2. You need to modify your connect.ini and add your servers info to the file. Then save it and make it as "read-only" and reload the auto-updater and select your world. Copy and paste a current V2 world like Future or Hexed to use as a template. Be sure to copy them exactly, you do not need to set an UpdateURL since you are defaulting to local.files. Be sure you set name=Local.

Be sure to copy over itemdef2.dat, multiuse.dat also. I think that should get it working for you. Best of luck, let me know if you have any other problems.
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Nexus V2 - lvl 61 Stealth
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin
Retired - Unless V6 pulls a miracle

Offline Aero

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 01:08:18 am »
Ok that works. I appreciate the help. So I'm assuming that if I want to change things then going through the animation, magic, monster etc files in server will change stuff.

Lol.

Offline Aero

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 01:36:54 am »
Also I don't think I have any monsters in my world? Walked around for awhile and never found anything. Also curious as to how to make a person admin etc.
Lol.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 02:37:38 am »
When you select the "Local" option, the client uses Local.Files folder for your files. And I think it uses the default 6015 port. The world.ini may use something else that you would need to change it.

Make admins in world.ini.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Aero

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2015, 03:14:17 am »
Alright got that. Thanks. Still no monsters though. Any thing special for that in server files?
Lol.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2015, 02:43:38 pm »
/MONSTERSECTORCATAGORY <catagory>
does entire sector

or

/MONSTERCATAGORY <catagory>
does just 1 50x50

I think
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Aero

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2015, 05:34:58 pm »
Oh ok. I see so you have to manually set it. I thought the server generated it. I'm guessing monster categories are somewhere in monster.ini? Thanks for the help again I know little to nothing about what I'm doing. Just enjoy your game :)
Lol.