Author Topic: Released First V6 Client  (Read 11007 times)

Offline Mickey Kudlo

Released First V6 Client
« on: May 23, 2015, 01:17:42 am »
http://rpgwo.com/download/rpgwo6setup.zip

The world is 2000x2000. /warp works for all so please explore the terrains/biomes. They still need work but all of them should have some items and monsters in them at least.

One major issue is when the Stats tab is slide out, the whole thing runs real slow, well, for me it does. I think it the transparency thing. I may need to make it like V1/V2 and shrink the view down to a square and statically add the tabs.

Exploring and combat the only thing to do really. No usage in yet.

Development is still very early so expect bugs and this is the time to do major design changes so please speak up now before it gets locked down in the coming months.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Sacrifice

Re: Released First V6 Client
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 02:20:56 am »
I don't know what happened Q-Q

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 04:05:51 am »
Random little thing I found while playing, if you start (what I am assuming is drowning) the 1 damage ticks say you have been hit by unknown for 1 damage.

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 07:17:58 am »
been a really long time since I installed V1/V2, did it have that huge tos attached too?

health and stam recover really slow...but I killed a stone golem!  learned unarmed while doing it since I started with axe skill for attack, no starter weapons?

also the "full screen" you were trying for doesn't really go full screen, it just covers the entire screen at first.  if you change windows and go back the task bar covers the attack button...could be a huge problem if you're getting killed and can't do anything to defend yourself.
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 07:39:40 am »
for some reason I stop getting XP after killing a golem.  first char died and lost a lot of the xp while killing it, 2nd char made it to level 2 when it killed the first golem, killed another golem after but no XP at all since the first.

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2015, 01:03:47 pm »
for some reason I stop getting XP after killing a golem.  first char died and lost a lot of the xp while killing it, 2nd char made it to level 2 when it killed the first golem, killed another golem after but no XP at all since the first.

I believe this is due to Mickey not having exp sent to the client yet, that was something he mentioned last night. The only way to see your gained exp/levels is to die or relog.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2015, 02:03:26 pm »
Yeah I need to fix XP sending to client still.

@Greatest, so your saying the client is just a little too tall? Like 16-32 pixels?

And the TOS... I added a butt load of legal stuff on the front then added the V1/V2 part after the legal stuff.

Offline Kalose

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2015, 03:10:05 pm »
Yeah i'm not quite sure if its just my old pc being a butt or...no clue. Here's my problem>> http://imgur.com/dWmMRSE  running windows 7 ultimate.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2015, 04:34:09 pm »
I lowered the .net version required, so try it now. Although, if the updater works then the client should as well since they using the same .net version.

Stone golems have swarmed the start location for some reason too. Looking into that.

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2015, 01:04:11 am »
@Greatest, so your saying the client is just a little too tall? Like 16-32 pixels?
probably about 16, but it wouldn't really be a problem if the attack button wasn't all the way at the bottom.  makes combat a little weird too since player health is at the top and target health is at the bottom you have to keep looking back and forth.  would be nice if they were closer...

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2015, 01:05:10 am »
So after exploring the map for a while, I came to the conclusion that the only hostile mob left are golems. There are rabbits and butterflies, but they are not hostile.

Maybe Golems are killing other monsters? I don't even know if this is logically possible.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2015, 02:22:07 am »
probably about 16, but it wouldn't really be a problem if the attack button wasn't all the way at the bottom.  makes combat a little weird too since player health is at the top and target health is at the bottom you have to keep looking back and forth.  would be nice if they were closer...
I plan to add something at the top.

So after exploring the map for a while, I came to the conclusion that the only hostile mob left are golems. There are rabbits and butterflies, but they are not hostile.

Maybe Golems are killing other monsters? I don't even know if this is logically possible.

The wilderness spawns are broke. It was designed for terrain sectors 200x200 but they are 5x5 and all spread out weird and stuff. In V5 it was coded to be more simulation like but I don't see it really applying anymore. It doesn't bring any value to gameplay and it hard to notice it from a players perspective. I am currently designing a new system.

And yes, golems will attack any thing that is not a golem, including rabbits.

Offline Mongo

• Attack: 91
    Attack Member
  • My Loony Bun is Fine
    • View Profile
    • Email

• Total Badges: 29
    Sixth year Anniversary 10 Poll Votes Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2015, 12:49:48 pm »
There appears to be some problems with rpgwo.com - it brings me to a "Doster" site, looks like the domain is no longer registered.

Can someone host the client somewhere else?
Shoop!

Offline Mystic

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2015, 03:04:34 pm »
There appears to be some problems with rpgwo.com - it brings me to a "Doster" site, looks like the domain is no longer registered.

Can someone host the client somewhere else?
Having the same issue.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2015, 03:42:06 pm »
Yeah my host is accusing me of email spamming because I did the forum announcement and had a link to rpgwo.com in it. Figuring it out now.

Offline Nick Blaze

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2015, 08:14:30 pm »
Interesting.
"A martial artist's fist is his soul and his technique his personality."

Offline King Dravien

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2015, 09:20:37 am »
I dont get why you have to change every aspect of the game that people enjoy. You've reworked the entire game to fit around the ideas of 2 clowns that dont even play the damn game more than 10 minutes a year.

Why not talk with people who actually play the game and challenge it, Roarion is the person making RPGwo worth playing Mickey. You are just wasting your time making this V6 bullwolf.
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline Mongo

• Attack: 91
    Attack Member
  • My Loony Bun is Fine
    • View Profile
    • Email

• Total Badges: 29
    Sixth year Anniversary 10 Poll Votes Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2015, 09:45:11 am »
I dont get why you have to change every aspect of the game that people enjoy. You've reworked the entire game to fit around the ideas of 2 clowns that dont even play the damn game more than 10 minutes a year.

If you want to play V2, play V2. There's no point in remaking the same game. The ideas we post here are thoughts and suggestions, intended to help with the design process so that it might actually turn into a game instead of a half finished project. Also, you assume all too much - You have no idea who I am.

Why not talk with people who actually play the game and challenge it, Roarion is the person making RPGwo worth playing Mickey. You are just wasting your time making this V6 bullwolf.

You guys are free to post on here. Why not do it while it's being made rather than just bitch about it after the fact?
Shoop!

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2015, 10:14:21 am »
You guys are free to post on here. Why not do it while it's being made rather than just bitch about it after the fact?
well a lot of folks posted about the V2 bugs...Mickey never fixed them.  I get that you might feel insulted by what he said, but he does sort of have a point.  V2 was far better than V3, not sure I actually remember a V4(or was that the browser version?), V5 had its own issues, and now on to V6...as far as what has actually been released so far V2 is better than any other version, even with its unresolved bugs.  with that said, Mickey has pretty much already said hes done with V2, so there is no reason for us to post asking him to fix it.

I quit Roar's most recent server(I appealed about fishing, not sure if he fixed the issue since I left), it had its fun side, but at the same time was a bit of a grind fest!  I'd rather see Gary help with V2 if Mickey ever decides to fix it.  Gary's server was the only playable server around for quite some time and it was more fun than a lot of others I've played...it was awesome and I can't even remember its name.

Offline King Dravien

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2015, 11:00:53 am »
How would you know if a server is playable when you give up after a day? why dont you play future and see how often he keeps it updated with suggestions?
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage