Author Topic: Mickey's Current Task  (Read 9448 times)

Offline Mickey Kudlo

Re: Mickey's Current Task
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2015, 12:49:06 pm »
Been working on the wipe for October 1st.

- XP changes,  player and skill levels
- biome/terrain changes
- new plants, trees and mineral ore (no use for them yet)
- usage re-working
 - removed "heads" like "Tin Pick Head", making the items require a Tree Branch supply item, this affected most of the tools plus axes and maces, thus gives less steps to make these items
 - removed unstrung bows, Bow String is a supply item to make a bow
- merged refining into mining
- merged tinker into blacksmith
- player start spot choice
- etc

The focus is on things that need and can only be done before a wipe.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2015, 11:54:59 am »
If you haven't noticed already, I wiped the world a week early. I had gotten all I needed done for the wipe and decided to do it and not announce it right away. It allowed me to get in there and iron out some stuff.

- minor/major fixes after the wipe
- alchemy - all the ingredients are in the world, need to add tools to manipulate them  into potions and the potions themselves and the randomization and formula code I want to implement

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2015, 01:03:55 pm »
Been working on alchemy and play testing. Haven't got as much done as I have wanted because I had been occupied with real life craaaaap. Hopefully will update with something this week.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2015, 11:35:39 am »
Sorry I haven't been updating this thread. Alchemy basically took all my time in October. I also got shields added real quick, since I felt warriors needed some sweet, sweet love.

- gonna tweak shields, like if damage done is 2x over its rating then it takes extra damage and maybe has a chance to break
- cave up/down items gonna put a degrade so they fill back in and delete each other, also need to add a usage to dig a hole going up in case you get trapped which would mean removing /up command, but it means you can be trapped forever so need a /suicide or a way to attack your self maybe
- want to add more monsters including some that drop coin for warriors

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2015, 12:00:15 pm »
 Working on adding the tribes back in from V5. Let me refresh your memory...
 - Tribal stone added
 - 2 members added, they are official NPCs that can do combat, kill, be killed, can gain XP, can level and resurrect after death.
 - race is Grayvyn (medium to high level) or Goblin (low levels, just added for V6)
 - they venture out from the stone and gather food and bring back to the stone, when enough food in the stone, it adds another member up to a max of 10
 - usually half guard the stone since if destroyed then the members can't resurrect, so that is how you get rid of a tribe

Not sure what changes to make yet or if I will keep it at all for final version but the code is there so why not use it :)

- tribe possible addition, if they find claimed land, they attack and destroy everything on it or if they run into walls then break them down
- tribes in V5 had social interaction with players and you could be friends with a tribe, gonna look at that code and see what is what
- need to deal with farming, plants on claimed land too unpredictable to farm properly
- surfacing land, like roads, running on roads does not use stamina

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2015, 11:17:14 am »
- Tweaking tribes here and there.

- adding mass production usages for alchemy, for example, using mortar and pestal on 1, 5 or 10 items at a time requires skill of 20, 30 or 40 respectively, thus giving higher level players, more production capability.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2015, 12:45:34 am »
Taking a break from V6 for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Always a good idea to take breaks and focus on other stuff to help see things clearer. Also the V6 server is down. An error came up that I couldn't resolve without spending a lot of time on it and I don't feel like it right now :)

Messing around with 3D since it an area I know nothing about and want to learn at least something about it.

Party on...

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2016, 10:29:02 am »
Hi everyone, hope Christmas break was happy, happy, joy, joy!

During the break, I was playing MineCraft and messing with 3D programming. Pretty much figured out how I could make an RPGWO voxel 3D game. It would have heavy requirements server side though so not sure if it practical for a sim-type world that I like to make. If there is interest then post about it and we can discuss.

V6 world is fixed and back up. Been playing and refreshing my memory as to its current state and what to work on next.

Probably will wipe in a month or less since we had decided to wipe every 3 months or so. Will need a "loyalty" bonus for players when they remake. Like 10 copper per level, 2nd tier starter items (bronze) if old player over level 5, extra skill points per 5 levels, etc. Otherwise it will be too frustrating for people to work hard on a player to just get it wiped.

Wipes are the only time I can add plants, biomes and minables so will be focused on those and other map creation features.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2016, 01:56:08 pm »
Got sick last week and pretty much slept. I did get some coding done like wipe loyalty bonuses: 10 copper per level, 1 skill point per every 5 levels, tier 2 (bronze) starter items if level 10 or higher. Not sure I want to do an XP bonus, like 100 spendable XP per level.

Currently working on dynamic player images: body, head, chest, legs.

Then I need to work on fruit and crop plants, gems and "delete player".

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2016, 01:45:07 pm »
Making steady progress for the wipe.

Working on adding more plants and magnetite ore then I think I am ready.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2016, 11:55:56 am »
Ready to wipe but might work on adding a new biome or 2: dead forest, volcano.

But I am anxious to wipe and move on so we'll see.

The 2 things I need to really get focused on are magic and NPCs but can't until I wipe.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2016, 10:43:15 am »
Wiped the world last week. Been busy fixing the issues that showed up like plants growing in the wrong places, etc.

Working on:
- bug fixes after wipe
- NPC trader to sell ur junk, to gain money and/or prestige
- monster loot for animals: alligator, spider, scorpion

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2016, 11:00:11 pm »
Sorry not sorry, I haven't keep up with this "informative" thread. I kinda figured most veterans weren't paying much attention to V6 anyways. But I have been busy working on V6 as usual.

Working on:
- NPC trader selling (they already buy stuff)
- town building or at least the beginning steps like buying a Town Charter, claiming the first land for the Town Hall, laying out the city design and adding permits to the Town Clerk NPC for selling

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2016, 11:39:24 pm »
Got a lot of Town code done and in game. Still some work to do but players (and me) can now have an idea and try it out of how they will be able to build the towns. What's New explains things.

The current world is now 3 months old and that means ... it is time for a wipe. Going to spend May working on it then wipe in early June. That means adding more minables, plants and biomes/terrains.

One new thing I want to work on also is dungeons. The server would generate 1 dungeon per sector or something like that, for players to explore and loot. Not sure what they will be like but dare I use the catch word "procedural".

And whatever else I can think of that can only be added during a wipe.

Remember the loyalty reward system for people who come back after a wipe still works.